Shopping without a purpose.

@megamatt (14327)
In these strained economic times, there has to be a lot of things cut here and there to make ends meat. One of those things for many is not making as many trips to the store or indeed trips where there is really no purpose other than, you're heading out to go shopping. I tend to make a list of the things that I need and try and get a clear idea of all its going to cost. And if I can't pay in cash, then maybe its not something that I need right now. Every time I go shopping, its with a purpose and most likely consolidating a number of trips, cutting out things that I really don't need.
Oh yes my friend everyone these days needs to be really cautious. It is not easy anymore to say I will pay it later. Times are so tough that we cannot guarantee that later we will be better off. I personally am very shopping conscious and although I have perks in life I still am one who is cautious to remember that tomorrow is another day that I must face. So I have certainly become a bit more conscious then before because hardships are so difficult to deal with.
@megamatt (14327)
There might not be the ability to pay later. At another time, a lot of us would be able to have that certainty. These days, we might not have enough money to pay for something the next day. What would happen if we made a foolish purchase? That would really put us in quite the horrible situation to say the very least. In the end, we really do have to watch how we make our purchases. Being careful, won't solve all of the ills. Yet it will solve us from making some nonsense purchases. Sure we might have to go without a bit less, but hopefully things will cool down soon, eventually. Then again, it is really not looking good. Of course at any time, you got to watch your money when you shop because the only certain thing in life is that nothing is for certain. Thanks for responding. Its appreciated. Have a nice day.
I only use my credit card when I know I will be abl to pay it in the month. Many people say that it´s not the way to use it but it comes handy when travelling or if I have a mayor health problem of a kind. Stores here always ask if we want it charched in 2 payments, but it´s a scam so that we pay more.
I haven´t gone window shopping for years. Besides getting very tired, I have never found the use for it. Sometimes, when I was younger, I went with a friend, as company more than to buy. I have always known what I want and nweed and don´t buy anything else. It´s not the same at the super though, and I have to stop myself from getting interested at new ingredients that are usually a lot more expensive than the normal ones. So, knowing that, I usually take a list of what I need. When I forget to take the list, I find myself buying extras that amount to a lot.
@megamatt (14327)
Window shopping has never been something that I have really enjoyed. I mean, I don't like to do things halfway. Either I'm going to go and buy something or I just rather stay home. There is no halfway about it. So when I go out, its for a good reason, likely a trip that has been carefully planned, all of my options are really thought about. Yeah, I really do tend to do the same thing on the handful of times where I do forget and have a list. A list does give a trip some structure. Therefore, you got to really have a list, because if its just in your head, you will be mentally thinking that you need a lot more than really do. At least that is the way I feel. A list is a great thing to give a trip a lot of structure. Thanks for responding. Its appreciated. Have a nice day.
Just my feelings. The only place wher I get a little carried away (each time a little less) is at the super.
I only shop when there's really a need to do so. In this times of economic crisis , one has to devise ways of cutting on expenses. One of those is listing what are the most needed things to be bought & estimate how much more or less do they cost. With that as guide, you will not be tempted to buy unnecessary things that could ruin your budget.
@megamatt (14327)
Very true, the economy, especially in this day and age, has really needed us to find ways to cut back when we can. Of course, even in a good economy, it might not be a good idea to go too insane. Due tot he fact things can turn around in a snap and get ugly in a hurry. Even in the best of times, misfortune is still possible at any time. Thanks for responding. Its appreciated. Have a nice day.
@p3ks626 (6550)
Its not good to shop without a purpose cause you tend to buy things that you dont need but the things that you want. If you buy things you want, then for sure your budget is destroyed. I always experience that these days. Need to do something.
@megamatt (14327)
Very, true, as shopping without a purpose can lead to an ugly number of purchases that we might want right now. However, how often do we use a lot of those purchases? Not that often when one thinks about it. Therefore, we are going to really just be eating a lot of our hard earned money up, by not really thinking too closely about what we buy. It can lead to a slippery slope that can ruin even the most carefully planned budget. So you got to be plan careful. Always have a good idea what you need before you leave the house. Know how all of your purchases are going to fit in. Going out without a list or at least a general idea, is just inviting some form of disaster. It is really an ugly, ugly situation to say the very least. Thanks for responding. Its appreciated. Have a nice day.
@mermaidivy (15415)
I don't normally shop without a purpose, I usually have something in mind that I want to get, I don't like to just wander around at the store. I like to make a list as well before I go to the store, first I will remember what to buy; second, I don't buy more than I need for the week.
@megamatt (14327)
Indeed, its a pretty good idea to have something in mind when you head out and shop. I mean, shopping without a purpose, it just is not great on the old pocket book. Not having a plan, leads to the unfortunate number of impulse buys that really just assault our wallet and make it a little bit lighter to say the very least. It just underlines the fact that there needs to be a lot of care planning your budget out. I always really make a list of the things that I really need. Perhaps I might get a couple of extra things here and there, but I am really selective. I really think things through. Therefore, I avoid going out unless absolutely necessary. The prices just go up a little bit, so there needs to be a lot of careful planning. Lists are your friend. Thanks for responding. Its appreciated. Have a nice day.
@cher913 (25890)
firstly, i dont own any credit cards so if it is something i have saved up for, i will go get it but we rarely go shopping without needing to get something. on rare occassions we will go window shopping at the mall (my daughter has a gift card from Christmas still to use up at Old Navy) so we went that last weekend to see if she liked anything and wandered around a few stores.
@megamatt (14327)
Credit cards are perhaps the worst thing that a person can have. If used right, they're not bad, but humans tend to be susceptible to a lot of temptations. I personally have never liked to window shop, ever, in my life, but I can understand why people would. Still there are times where I feel like a wasted trip is a lot better than wasted money, and I could be doing other things. Thanks for responding. Its appreciated. Have a nice day.
@sender621 (14956)
With the rising costs of fuel in this economy somme sacrifices need to be made. Shopping excursions on the spur of the moment can't come as often. Multitasking has now even interfered with our shopping. If we don't have a purpose to our shopping, it can seem like wasted time.
@megamatt (14327)
Fuel costs are reaching a brand new level of absurdity. Therefore we got to really be careful not to make any wasted trips. The thing is that I doubt things are going to improve all that much from here. Rather its just going to spike. There is supposed to be another spike in gas prices coming in May, which does really agitate me. Thanks for responding. Its appreciated. Have a nice day.
I have been cutting back on shopping altogether. I think it saves me time and money.
@megamatt (14327)
Well there is no better way to save money, then to do not purchase something. I think that other than groceries, a lot of my shopping has been sliced and diced. I think that I might make one or two other trips outside of that a year, which is really about a third as much. Still got to pick and choose wisely, to save the most amount of money. Thanks for responding. Its appreciated. Have a nice day.