Someone please explain this gift card reward logic to me please . . .

I am on this "certain" earning site. We can get gift cards as rewards, but I don't understand something. For an Amazon card: 450 points = $5 Amazon gift card 3150 points = $25 Amazon gift card 5900 points = $50 Amazon gift card So let's do the math . . . if I get 5 of the $5, that's only 2250 points or if I get 10 of the $50, that's only 4500 points So aren't I better off getting many $5 gift cards rather than try to rack up more points for the $25 or $50? Or am I missing something here? Can we only use one of these gift cards per Amazon transaction since it's not exactly via Amazon themselves? Are we not allowed to accumulate several $5 gift cards to make one big purchase? Thanks in advance . . . just trying to make the most out of my reward earnings!!!!
@dawnald (84131)
• Shingle Springs, California
And why 450 points for Amazon, but 800 points for Paypal, both $5. No logic. Just do what makes the most sense. Some people are dumb.
Hi Dawn! I know! I'd rather the cash - but racking up the points takes awhile there, so I figure maybe go the Amazon way. Hee hee - I thought I was dumb for getting caught up in another site - hee hee!!
@dawnald (84131)
• Shingle Springs, California
I've racked up 3 Amazon cards so far. The kids want a book, and between swagbucks and opinion outpost, I can usually manage to get them for them for free.
I love it . . . we can get the little stuff for these gift cards! Ok, so it doesn't pay the bills, but it pays for these little rewards. I never shop online and this just may make one outta me!!
@Krysiana (90)
I am not 100% certain on this, but I believe the reasoning is because you can only redeem 5 particular gift cards a month. So, if you are amazing at getting points (by having a ton of referrals I'm guessing) then you would be better off buying the expensive cards as that would garner you more to spend at amazon throughout the month.... for someone like me, though, I definitely go for the $5.00 cards; I could never make enough points monthly to buy 5 of the $25 or $50 cards!
That's what I thought too - but apparently others are saying that we can accumulate - at least on Amazon. There are a few companies that will state that you can only use one gift card in one transaction (or something like that). I think I'm doing "ok" on this site - though I don't do the referral thing), but I think it's possible I could get $5 gift card in a week or so (if time allows). I don't think I want to wait around for the higher card amounts (or waste the points!)
Yeah, from what I understand, you can have as many cards as you want attached to your amazon account, and they won't ever expire. With the rewards site though, you can only redeem 2 cards a day, and a max of 5 cards a month, no matter their value. For me, it takes more than a month to even accumulate enough for 5 of the $5 cards so I only use those too. I also would *hate* to waste points! I considered the PayPal thing since it's direct cash but heck, amazon has just about everything anyway! I bought a $20 crib guard for the railing on my sons crib with nothing but $5 reward cards, and I've saved up another $20 worth of cards so far, just not sure what to get next; there's so much to choose from!
I'd certainly love the cash too, but you're right - Amazon has everything, so I might as well shop with them. That's great you got a crib guard . . . we have a baby too and I was thinking to save up for some part of his bedding too. At least we have tons of choices on Amazon!! I'll have to see if this site has restrictions on how many we can redeem in a month - but yah, I don't think I'd be able to redeem the maximum anyway! Good luck to you and your rewards!
@topffer (33792)
• France
You can accumulate gift cards for a purchase, it is not against Amazon rules : http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200138510_faq_tcsfp?nodeId=3122091 I am scratching a free ticket every day in a French lottery site where there is quite the same logic : I need 7900 points to exchange them for 5 Euros in PayPal, but only 4900 to play and win -- it is automatic -- 5 Euros in PayPal.
Ah - very cool of you to find the rules link. I was wondering about that because I know in some of the lesser known companies, they specifically note that gift cards cannot be accumulated. Interesting about the French lottery site ... hope you win someday - hee hee!!
@topffer (33792)
• France
It needs less than a minute every day and I already won 15 Euros since the beginning of this year
That's pretty cool! Keep at it and good luck!!
You are limited to getting 5 of the same prize each calendar month. So I will make sure that I have enough points to get the five $5 gift cards for the following month and then I will start saving the excess points so that I can eventually get a $50 gift card as well. I think that is the best thing that I can do to maximize my earning potential. As I mentioned in another of the posts, I save as much Amazon gift card money as I can to pay for Christmas gifts for my children and other family members. Then, I typically only have to buy a few things from the store (clothes and Black Friday deals mostly) during the Christmas season.
Maximizing my earning potential - those are the words I was looking for. Yes, I'll be trying to do the same thing. I won't have a lot of time to "work" on these sites, but I don't think I'll be making the maximum anyway . . . although, let's hope maybe I can!! I'll be shopping for the holidays with these earnings is loads of fun!! I'm going to e-window shop to see what's out there now (just what do you call people who window shop online?? Hee hee).
I don't even know if there is a name for people that electronically window shop. Maybe we need to think of our own term and try to make it a trend.
Well the logic of Gift card reward is that They just wanted that you to shop on there Shop. I mean If you are a valued shopper in a Shop they will give a reward for shopping on their Store.
Oh, I'm sure they want you to shop in their shops - it's all for the money, right? Well, it's all for the money for us too. In my case, I hardly ever shop online, but, I'm leaning towards the gift card rewards at this particular site because I think it's more worth it than getting the cash (all about the points). Amazon is a trusted site and they have oodles of things - ahhh, so time for me to get shopping online!
@echomonster (2227)
• Greenwood, Mississippi
It sounds like they're testing your math. Of course, you're better off redeeming the $5 gift cards. You can definitely use more than one gift card per Amazon transaction -- in fact, you can simply apply them to your balance and let them sit there as long as you like. I suppose the site might prefer for people to request small value gift cards because they don't want so much cash flowing out all at once.
Ok, that sounds logical. Perhaps they would rather you cash out (or gift card out) as soon as possible - that makes sense. I know I'd rather take any monies out - in case any of these sites decide to end without notice - which would stink! Yep, my time and points are precious - ha ha - so you bet I'll be doing the math to get the most out of my earnings!!
@lacieice (2065)
Yes, that's kinda weird. You would think the higher points catds would be slightly less than the lower points. But, you can accumulate gift cards on Amazon. I do it all year then use my account at Christmas. Amazon gift cards to not expire.
I don't shop online, so it's good to hear experiences from others who do. Good idea to use them up during Christmas . . . maybe this year I can get stuff done from home. Yah, I think the smaller gift cards are going to be worth it (I wonder if it's like this at other earning sites?). Weird.
@sisco100 (2345)
ya that's a little weird setup. ya it would seem that your better off getting 5 of $5 amazon rather then going for the higher point one. its not a bad thing when you can get more for your points when getting smaller amount prize. if you don't mind me asking what the site is? i sent you a friend request so if you could send me the link to this site that your talking about that would be great.
Hope you got my message though it's no secret really. And yes, I'm going to aim for the smaller prizes - which actually equal out to a bigger prize when accumulated (why waste the points!). Thanks for the friend request!