Okay, so I made the mistake of.....

Boise, Idaho
listening to the news. If you know me very well and follow my discussions you know I don't listen to it very often. Too depressing and most idiotic for me. Well, today wasn't any different! They've taken the wolves off the endangered list and there will be a hunt for them this Fall. Damn their dirty hides! (as my grandma would say)and there was another robbery up on Fairview and the guy got away. Ghee!Go figure. They always do except for Billy. So do you have any robberies in your area? Do they always get away?
I wish we could hunt the thieves. Maybe then there would be less crime here, but no we must worry about the feelings of criminals and their right to walk off with others hard earned money and items.
Isn't that the truth. Sometimes it better done if we do it ourselves.
hi I was 32 and doing laundry in an all night laundrymat when this kid who was shorter than I came in and drew a knift on me demanding money whihc I refused to give him. something told me he was scared as I was and only about fifteen so I jumped on his feet hard and he screamed and dropoped the knife and hopped around yelling .lucky me a police car was crusing saw the knife on the floor and the kid hopping and screaming and me standikng there shaking, so tweo officer came in asked me what had happened and i told them. the old one laughed for a minute while the younger one handcuffed the kid. they asked me if he had taken my money and I said"" No no way nobody is getting mymoney I wo rked hard for that in the hospital". I told them I jumped up and down on his feet. turned out the kid had ingrown toenights on his big toes. lol trhey told me thjat i was brave but foolish as he still could have stabbed me and taken my purse. but I did not think so.He was shaking and I think he was scared spitless and had never done this before.
Hat~ Did they ever say why he did it. I would think someone that young would have been either dared or desperate. Just curious. I bet that kid will always remember you!
I don't watch news that much either, but my mother being an old soul always turns on the radio and listens to our local radio station and my fiancée likes to keep up with what is going on with the world...I don't know about robberies occurring in our place, they don't seem to report those kind of thing but my mom's favorite anchor always discuss about the bad state of the governance in Cebu...and it's upsetting, hearing the Governor do nothing but go to foreign countries and wasting money, I always get low or disturbed everytime I see bad news, but good thing that they also showcase some good news...I think most robbers here in Philippines get away with their crime, for the police are the mastermind or if not, they are easily paid...sad
That is sad.
@chiyosan (29388)
Oh yes a lot of such bad things are happening and i think many are not caught.
I care bare to see it.
@Lakota12 (42794)
lots of them and am sure some do get away really never hear if they get caught like next day or something like that
And it is frustrating that you hear a story one day and never hear anything else about it.
@Lakota12 (42794)
sure is
Although I view the news every day, sometimes I wonder why I bother because it is so depressing. Here in this huge City, lots of crime, some get caught, while others for the life of me I can't understand why they still walk the streets.
I am already depressed so I really don't need more of a depresser. lol
I hear you on that one as with all this Casey Trial and business, Ugh one wonders why flip on any news station anymore. Thank you for the BR.
@writersedge (22579)
They get caught eventually. Unless someone tackles them, they'll get away.
I think people are too shocked to do anything.
@misterMR (797)
There are robberies in our area, but it would only happen a few times in a year. Most of the times, the robbers would get laptops and gadgets. Well, at least it's not important documents right? There was once that my home was robbed but we managed to take back our belongings. We did not find the culprit though. But at least, we found it somewhere two blocks away, I guess, in a garbage can.
I wonder if sometimes they do it merely for the thrill and don't care about the product they've stolen at all.
@lady1993 (16074)
There are more good news than bad news here too- which is why I don't watch the news that often. And there have been lots of robberies and carjacking , and sometimes kidnapping these days too- our country is quite scary, especially in Manila. Usually they catch the suspect becasue there are cctv cameras..but the carnappers are hard to catch.
More good than bad? What news are you watching anyway?!
@_sketch_ (5711)
Oh that's awful! Why would someone want to hunt doggies anyway? :( That's all wolves are to me - doggies. I don't often watch the news either. When I do, it's usually Democracy Now. I don't care to hear about the robberies and other crime activity. I don't see any good coming out of it. I like to keep positive. The news is usually just a drag. There are some robberies in my area, but it's not bad at all. This is a pretty safe place to live. Sometimes they get away, sometimes not.
Good to now you are positve and have ways of keeping yourself so.
@JenInTN (27565)
Things are getting increasingly worse here. The big thing here is home invasions and pharmacy robberies. To be honest..I am glad I have a modest home, but even those are not exempt. They don't always get away but with the overcrowded jails sometimes they might as well. I hate the news sometimes too. There is always plenty of broken information that we can't really use anyway. Then just to comfort the blows there is always..."now for the wonderful weather coming your way"
Well, atleast they try to give both sides.
@kakvo35 (78)
• Bulgaria
I also hate to listen to the news as it's usually all the bad depressing things that one hates to hear ....
And I get enough of it in every day life.
@KrauseHome (33763)
A lot of times I think it really depends on what they are doing, but a lot of times it seems like it takes forever for them to get caught. And hey anyone from the US familiar with the kid that kept on stealing planes, etc. and they finally caught him in another country... He was here from not too far from where I am from, and they seemed to not really care about him until he started doing the stealing of planes, etc. away from this area.