Oscar Cruz to PNoy:"Ppl over 40 hu get married have higher tendency to break up"

Yes, you've read it right. I've read somewhere over the net that Oscar Cruz said these words to President Aquino today at the height of the RH Bill issue: "Don't get married. People over 40 who get married have higher tendency to break up". I think what Oscar Cruz said is plain stupid. He has no basis to say that. And it's kinda offending when people over 40 hear this. That priest has gone insane! Your thoughts on this, please?
@katrinapaz (2438)
I dont like what he said. Everybody at any age should be given a chance to get married to the ones they love. Age is just a number. I have even read in newspapers long ago about a 60 year old man and woman who have been separated by distance but still chose to get married. You are correct. it is discrimination.
Thank you for your response, katrinapaz. I don't get it why Oscar Cruz said that. And if we would observe the "trend" in our society, those who marry later in life tend to be more matured and thus have more stable relationships. And I have to agree with you that age is just a number. It has no direct relation on how you handle a relationship.
thank you for agreeing with me ms patricia. Yes you are correct those who marry later in life are more matured and are able to look for ways to compromise.
@gloryacam (5546)
Wherever did he get that idea? It's sounds funny.
It does sound funny, and kinda irritating. To me, it's like a discriminating idea, though I am not 40 years old yet.
@aerous (13474)
I think that priest really desperate enough to tell that words. He is a priest and know what is good to say to the public and not say any words that is against to someone else... Where did he get that perception that people over 40 years old who get married have a tendency of breaking up? It depend on the person to get married or not. Depend also to any person to breaking up. If those people have no discipline on their self. They maybe at risk and breaking up...
@lady1993 (16391)
Who is he anyway? yes, he does not have any basis to say that at all (didn't even bother to conduct a survey), I think people of that age are more mature and have longer relationships than younger people. Besides, he doesn't have a right to tell the president what to do, Pnoy is smart and knows what's best for him, people shouldn't meddle in his personal life.
@junrapmian (2170)
Maybe Bishop Cruz is only saying this to get even at President Noynoy because we are all aware that the President is the number one supporter of the RH bill. I also disagree that people who are over 40 have the higher tendency to break up, they are more mature and they do know how to handle relationships against the younger generation who are fickle-minded and can change their minds over some small differences with the partners.
@cheravs (620)
As a Catholic I was really shock and disappointed about his action and statements about our pres. He can't say that because he doesn't know the pres. personally. If they have morality issues just let it be and the other statement but do not let the entire Filipino people hear you saying those word. Oh well I still respect that priest but it's just really a thumbs down.