lying step brother

I have a step brother, I dont know him to well. I cant stand him or my step father. Anyway he just joined the army. Hasnt even been in a year and he is telling his dad and some friends he is a pilot. Also going to some school that only a handful of ppl go too. My husband is in the navy since 98, my cousin is in the airforce for 5 years, married to a pilot in the airforce. I told my mom its impossible for him to be a pilot after 6 months. Also the fact he is enlisted and enlisted cant be pilots. So his Dad has this big ego saying his son has been in for 6 months and already the same rank as my husband. I know hes only an E3, looking at his uniform in his pics on FB. I told my mom he has to be an officer to be a pilot. So she tells my step-dad who ask his son, who than says hes a warrant officer. What the hell? Nothing but lies and his dad wont confront him on it. He is coming to visit and I asked my Mom to take a pic of his military ID, because his ID will explain everything.
@aprilsong (1886)
Well, i think none of us like a liar. But this world is filled with so many liars. They like talking horse to make themselves great in front of others. Some want to make money by cheating. Some just want to let others "respect" them. Actually, some percent of liars are self-contemptuous in their hearts. And they are afraid that others will look down on them, so they pretend to be great. So they often boast of themselves. Well, as you said, both your step brother and his father are not honest at all. And i think you should let your mother watch out. And if they just boast and just let them do it. You and your mother just keep in mind that don't trust all of they said.
Yes, nobody likes a liar, not even tha liars. I do feel hes ashamed hes not some high and mighty perosn in the military. you have to work for what you want. i found him and his Dad have to feel important and be in charge all the time. eventually it will all catch up.
@dreamy1 (3815)
Some people feel the need to lie to make themselves feel better about themselves. I would just ignore him. Don't make it your mission to call him out on it. Let him live in his little fantasy world if it makes him feel better. You know the truth. Eventually his lies will catch up with him.
I have a lot of missions in my life. mainly its just annoying to have them look down on us like were stupid, when their the ones lying. My husband has worked hard for where he is. Some kid just getting in has a long way to go.
Your step brother is an arrogant, boastful, and stupid man. I'm sorry i have to say that but that's what my impression of people boasting about something untrue. I say he's stupid because he thinks he could fool people with what he's saying and he thinks everybody thinks like him. So see how stupid he is? I really like this kind of people but as long as they don't bother me, i just ignore them.
@misterMR (797)
That guy needs to go and have a checkup. I hope he knows what he is doing. And as to the father, I really cannot believe that he would actually brag such thing. And to think that it is only a minor thing that would make a person become so hard-headed. I really hope they will wake up to the reality and face the fact that they are who they are and they cannot simply entitle themselves like a rockstar or what.