would you want to sell your kidney for money?

@chiyosan (30204)
I was watching a documentary show and they are featuring a group of people and some agents who are pursuancing poor men to give up one of their kidneys for a price. If it was you, would you sell your organ just so a stranger can live? Would you be willing to risk your own health?
@syoti20 (5295)
I am in the shoe of that poor man. I might consider that. That's the only option I could think of. Since most of the people/poor has low educational attainment. We rarely encounter a boss who will hire people with low educational attainment. But this money I might receive from what I did. I might use it to invest for more stable job or business.
@chiyosan (30204)
great to have you in the discussion. Appreciate your time in responding here. See you around and thanks very much!
@sender621 (14956)
I ould give a kidney to ave a life. i couldn't take money for the opportunity. it jut ouldn't eem like a acrifice to make.
@chiyosan (30204)
thank you for your time to respond to the discussion. see you around mylot! Sorry if this response is a bit late. hehe Happy Mylotting!
@CTHanum (8254)
No.Not at all. I will donate my organs after I die but while still alive? I need my organs too~ but we can't blame that man as he is in desperate condition and there is demands on that.On the other hand asking him to give up his kidney is too much. If something happen to him after the surgery he will be in a big problem ever. Organs are not something we could buy and sell just like that.
@chiyosan (30204)
@Bellapop (1281)
Definitely no. I think we take our house granted, god intended for us to have two kidneys suddenly think we do really need both kidneys if we can keep them. However, if I needed to give up the kidney for a loved one of course I would give it because we can actually survive with just one kidney. From the perspective where people sell their kidneys for money, again perhaps if I was in such a desperate situation where I had no other option then, yes I would possibly sell my kidney if I really had to. Selling your kidney is not really a thing to do on a whim, usually people are in desperate circumstances, hopefully this guy who was being persuaded could think for himself and managed to get away from those evil kidney buying agents!
@chiyosan (30204)
thank you. i think health is really important and we can never get our kidneys back if we did sell them.... great to have you in the discussion. Appreciate your time in responding here. See you around and thanks very much!
@sswallace21 (1824)
As a past Dialysis employee, this is a serious question. I would not sell one of my kidneys. I might donate one to family or close friend, if I was a match. The majority of patients needing a kidney have multiple other problems that a kidney may not fix. Diabetes is the number one cause of renal failure. In this case, a new kidney will not last long without a new pancreas, as well. Heart problems are also a problem with kidney patients. But I think sell your organs is wrong. I would also donate them to Science for exploration but not for use in someone elses body. Best Wishes!
@chiyosan (30204)
@o0jopak0o (6406)
Well its unfortunate that some people are forced to sell their body just to get a lump sum even if they will be scarred for life physically. Its unfortunate that this trade still happens still. And sometimes crime syndicates kidnap people and get there kidneys and such and throw them to the streets.
@chiyosan (30204)
No i wouldnt. What if i sold it then one of my loved ones need it in the future or ill get an kidney related disease in the future? For sure ill regret it. Plus i wont take the risk even if it would cost me a fortune.
@chiyosan (30204)
appreciate your response to the discussion. thank you so much for your time, See you around mylot and Godbless!
@tiina05 (2319)
hello, Absolutely not, because yes I do save other life but does it more dangerous to risk your own health. right? Maybe if I am poor their is something out there which I can work to earn money. I am not selfish I am just practical in life. Even though I can earn so much money in selling my own organ, It still a big "NO, NO!". I still love myself. LOL
@chiyosan (30204)