Swamp morningglory herb is both vegetable and medicinal herbs

China
Swamp morningglory herb ?weng cai?, commonly known as kong xin cai, is a very common homely dish. According to the data, for every 100 grams of fresh swamp morningglory herb contains 2.4 grams of protein, fat 0.4 grams, dietary fiber 1.4 grams, 2.0 grams carbohydrates, iron 3.3 mg, calcium 140 mg, zinc 0.38 mg, selenium 0.50 mg, carotene 1.57 mg, 262 micrograms of retinol equivalents, with a total vitamin E1.60 mg, vitamin B1 0.02 mg, vitamin B2 0.17 mg, vitamin C9 mg, niacin 1.1 mg. Swamp morningglory herb has definite medicinal value . Its effects :clearing away heat and removing toxin. It can treats nosebleed ,constipation, turbid stranguria, hematochezia, hemorrhoids, snake bite and injury by insects. Now cite a few formulas for friends to try: Curing nosebleed: The appropriate amount of roots of swamp morningglory herb and sugar mash and pour into the boiling water then taking. Curing turbid stranguria, hematuria, hematochezia,: Fresh swamp morningglory herb, washing, pounding to pieces ,getting juice by twisting,taking with appropriate amount of honey. Curing centipede bite: fresh swamp morningglory herb , a little salt, pounding to pieces , rubbing affected part. Curing dental caries pain: the root of swamp morningglory herb 200 grams, decocting with vinegar 50 percent and water 50 percent then gargling.
@RawBill1 (8542)
• Gold Coast, Australia
I was coming to this discussion to say that I have never herd of the plant before, but then I read the post above and realised that I do know it. If it is the same as what we call Kang Kong, then I eat it regularly and only just had some yesterday. The way that I eat it is blended into smoothies which are called green smoothies because you add leafy greens to the fruit. Kang Kong is delicious and very nutritious and it grows very easily along river banks and other damp areas.
Friend so and so just said It is called Kang Kong.Water spinach is its another name.Swamp morningglory herb, morning glory and sweet potato all belong to hedge glorybind family . swamp morningglory herb which grows in the water with large leaves and thick stalk is called the aquatic swamp morningglory herb ; other species living in the dry land with thin stem and narrow leaves is called xeromorphic swamp morningglory herb.
@RawBill1 (8542)
• Gold Coast, Australia
I just spent the whole week at a health retreat eating nothing but green leaves and fruit. Kang Kong was among the many edible weeds and other more mainstream greens that I ate during the week.
@louievill (15873)
hi friend thank you for telling me the benefits of eating what you call swam morning glory, it's more commonly called water spinach in English and in the Philippines we call it "kangknog", we eat that often in a dish we call "adobo" or cooking it quickly with soy, garlic and a little vinegar. We also use it as vegetable in soup
Yes,It is called water spinach too.I like to eat it very much.When I use it for doing the cooking,I usually stir-fry it blending with a little garlic.