Character and Being A REAL Leader

@debrakcarey (19924)
Ok, so he FINALLY released his long form birth certificate. And all the liberals yell....we told you so! But I ask all you liberals what of it. He took two and a half years to do so. And he tells us in his speech he is amused that this has gone on for so long. IT WAS HIS REFUSAL that kept it going for so long, and he acts as if his loyalty shouldn't be doubted and the American people shouldn't have had the gaul to ask. http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/04/obamas_birthplace_mystery_the.html Which brings us to the real issue in the saga of Obama's birthplace mystery: character and trust. Obama's principles and paradigms of thinking, which guide his leadership and policy making, are not independent from his character. This is because character, which can be understood as the moral qualities unique to an individual, defines who a person really is and reveals his moral purpose, exposing the kind of actions and policies he chooses and avoids. Put simply, a good character flows from good moral principles, and good leadership proceeds from good character. No wonder Abraham Lincoln said, "Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing." Since a person's character becomes the foundation of his intentions and actions, it is safe to assume that a person's observable behavior is an indication of his true character. Thus, clarity and commitment to honesty are essential to a good character. It is for this reason that Obama's obfuscation of his background and other personal history induces many Americans to think that Obama has a deeply questionable character and is unfit to be the leader of the nation. http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/04/obamas_birthplace_mystery_the.html I'm tired of Americans who think of this man as a god or a king. He is an elected official who is answerable to those who elected him. And we had every right to question his eligibility.
A political entity he is an american property and I think you have all the right to question the deniabilty of his actions, he is an elected official of your government.
@debrakcarey (19924)
Thank you for that. It takes someone from out of the country to see what any American should know. God bless the Philipines!
It sounds to me President Obama was saying he has been playing head games with the American people for two and a half years for his amusement like a child plays with a toy.I for one did not find it amusing that our President would play childish games while he is sending our young men and women off to two bloody wars.Many of these young people will near come home.Martin Luther King said judge a person by the content of his/her character,not by the color of the skin. Perhaps more important then President Obama's birth documents we should be taking a up close and personal look at President Obama's character.
@debrakcarey (19924)
You heard that too? What's with these people who can not see that?
@laglen (19782)
We have a meat processing plant down the road here. It would take about 20 minutes and $100 bucks and you can get a social security card and birth certificate. I have to wonder why it took 2 1/2 years and over $2 million for the President to come up with these.
@debrakcarey (19924)
I've said the same thing...our own government produces new identities for witness protection program. If he's willing to spend almost 2 million in legal fees, I'm sure he can come up with the cash to have a guy photoshop the original. http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2011/04/obamas_long_form_colb_may_be_f.html
@laglen (19782)
Thinking back to the picture taking trip through New York, maybe he doesnt have access to photoshop.... poor guy, guess we know what to get him for Christmas
Did you pay attention to the very last line of the link? Quote "In other words, Obama is baiting his enemies with the red meat of a fake-but-accurate document." What the hell kind of trick or scam is Obuma trying to pull now on the American people. I wish to God we could get an honest man to lead our country. Obuma seems to spend more time trying to pull the wool over our eyes than take care of our country's problems!!!
@urbandekay (18312)
It says most about the character of those who were so gullible and naive to have been taken in by the poisonous little scare-mongers who perpetrated the scurrilous lies about him not having a valid birth-certificate. all the best urban
@debrakcarey (19924)
I was wondering where you were on this. I believe the controversy was mainly about WHY he wouldn't SHOW his birth certificate. And there's plenty more to the 'no character' charge than the birth certificate issue.
@urbandekay (18312)
Presumably because he had produced sufficient evidence all the best urban
@debrakcarey (19924)
What evidence? Come on now, I'm not going to go over all the reasons it doesn't add up. I'm not convinced it's fake, if you look at the OP, I report it as authentic but doctored. Read the last sentence. But actions do speak loudly about a person character. And his actions say he's all for tearing down national borders and merging America into the global village. Not something I am happy about as a Conservative...you know, like conserving the Bill of Rights and Constititution. I realize the rest of the world doesn't value that like we do, but surely you could understand it from a British point of view. Don't you value what is good and right about your country? I have to leave for work. That always happens when the discussion really starts to get interesting!
@irishidid (8734)
My guess would be that he's trying to make himself out to be more interesting than he actually is. Mixed parentage. Big deal. Name changes-hey I had another last name too. Daddy was from Africa. Again, big deal. I'm supposedly the great granddaughter of an Indian princess-to which I say who cares? LOL
@debrakcarey (19924)
He is a narcissist. I wish I could find the article I found back during the campaign. A medical doctor wrote it trying to warn people of the danger of electing this man. He said from his observations the man had some issues psychologically speaking; he is a narcissist. Self absorbed and dangerous to cross. I never thought much of it cause things hadn't progressed like they have yet. But I've thought of his observations frequently since.
@debrakcarey (19924)
http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/03/obamas_malignant_narcissism.html Found one, not the original...but it makes the point. Scary stuff.
Debra this is what was thought of him in 2008 and as far as I can see he has not changed a bit: This is happening right now. August 22, 2008. Some may believe this is a frivolous case, but Is it really asking too much for the"presumptive" candidate of the Presidency of the U.S. to at least present documents proving his citizenship? Moreover, what about his medical records? Some observers, and I might add, not merely casual observers, but experts in body language, have stated that they feel Obama is suffering from Narcissistic Personality Disorder. he has a grandiose sense of self-importance; is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love; believes that he or she is "special" and unique; requires excessive admiration;. has a sense of entitlement; is inter-personally exploitative; lacks empathy (no sympathy for the born alive Infants); is often envious of others or believes others are envious of him or her; shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes. http://hubpages.com/hub/O...
@dragon54u (31638)
The fact that he used the birth certificate issue to divide the nation and create strife tells me everything I need to know about his character. I believed for a few months that he might not be a natural born citizen but changed my mind. I saw what he was doing by dragging out the issue and that told me a lot about his purposes and intentions. I pray we don't have to endure another 4 years of this hater of America.
you maybe right. As long as they had the public looking at and divided over this issues...poeple were not focused on the other important issues and problems with his presidency. there is actually a political term for it...let me see if I can find it. It is something like directed opposition or something like that. But it does look like he was playing games with the american public.
@debrakcarey (19924)
and the controversy continues... I'm sick of it. Someone needs to stand up in Congress and call for an IMPEACHMENT. Why won't they? Are they scared?
uh.....yeah.
@Destiny007 (5820)
And the ink on it is nearly dry too. Big deal. I don't believe it for a minute. He has spent way too much money and way to many resources trying to avoid releasing it... including iggnoring a court order as I recall.
@debrakcarey (19924)
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2011/04/obamas_long_form_colb_may_be_f.html Follow the links in this. An expert in photoshop says its been altered.
There are times when I hate being right. It usually takes a lot longer to realize it though. What this should show everyone is that he is a gamester plain and simple, and is not to be trusted.
Debra again thanks for an excellent link.
Personally I looked at it and the only thing I found interesting was the fact that his mother was listed as 18 at time of birth and dad as 25. Which means that his mom could have been 17 at the time she got pregnant and his dad 24. So his dad was messing around with a minor. Plus his parents were not married when he was born. All a little embarrassing. None of it is his fault. He definately can't be blamed for any of it.His parents made those choices. But not something you really want to have be common knowledge for the whole world to see. It is a little embarrassing. And really...is it any of our business? I do think the president has a right to SOME privacy. Yes we had every right to know that he is eligible...but I don't know if we had teh right to know his mom was a minor when she got pregnant and that his parents were not married when he was born.He may be the president...but he is still a human being.
@debrakcarey (19924)
I don't think that bothers him one bit. I mean, he's the child of a radical 60's mother. You're right, he is entitled to some privacy regarding his family history. But, he is not entitled to privacy concerning HIS birthplace. Not when the LAW OF THE LAND, the Constitution says specifically that a president must be a natural born citizen to be president. But really, I don't think his mother's state of matrimony at the time of his conception would bother him one bit, afterall...he's a progressive Democrat. They don't think like that. And then there is the lie that his uncle helped liberate the Jews from Aushwitz. He's a narcissist through and through, he likes to be the center of attention.
I do think we have a right to know he is a US citizen. I think we do have a right to know is he eligible according to the laws of this country. I hope it does not bug him that everyone now knows his parents were not married and that his mom may have been a minor when she got pregnant....because the whole world knows it now. But also....if it does bug him....then he should not have run for president. because he HAD to know everyone would find out. You do loose a lot of privacy rights when you run for or become president...especially when it comes to your birth certificate.
@debrakcarey (19924)
The things I've heard him say, like his grandmother, if she broke her hip they'd have to let her go without surgery cause she's old and it wouldn't be cost effective. That's not word for word, but the intent is the same. He won't care if anyone realizes his mom may not have been married.