How to get education VISA to study in America (USA)...?

Friends, i wanna do MS in USA. I know all details about VISA and PASSPORT(theoritically). But i don't have any person interaction about this. Actually how the American Universities are coming into my country. How this process will be carried out. Care to enlighten me about this. And some are told to me that "there we can do any part time job while we are studying", How is it possible? And what type of city is correctly suitable for me to study and earn. Newyork, Washington, Pennysilvania, New jercy, california... like wise there are many top cities are there, in these all which is economical to me. And i heart that "Indian students are living in rent rooms which are in far distance to the main city, thats why they are frequently killed by the unknown in the night time trains.... How far it is correct. And give me your valuable suggestions..
@RobtheRock (2485)
I can't tell you about VISA or PASSPORTS. I do know that the foreign people who work at Cedar Point, do it through CUSA. The Universities and some businesses like Cedar Point send recruiters worldwide. Many students work at places ranging from McDonald's to the University (libraries and labs.) I knew an Arab girl who worked in the computer lab at Eastern Michigan University when I was a student there. Many colleges also have "college work study" which sort of means you work through the college. I forgot what it all entails. I think some universities have places for Grad students on or near campus. The apartments are not far from campus. The University wants to make sure its students are safe. Each city has a police department and the college also has a public safety (police) department. Many times, it's up to the student to make sure not to be too trusting. They come and find that America is not as bad as they'd heard and sometimes they let their guard down too low. You can come to America and get a good education and also have a good time. Crime happens and yet basically, college campuses are safe. I lived in Detroit, which is dangerous. Yet, Wayne State University is a safe campus as is University of Detroit. Some Campuses are like cities. Many of them have their own transportation, for example, the University of Michigan has its own bus system that takes students to various parts of town where mostly students live. At the University of Pittsburgh, many students live in the Oakland area and there is always many people walking around that area, even at night. The same goes for Ohio State University which is right downtown as is the University of Michigan's Main Campus. You might find homeless people begging for money, but even most of them look out for the students' safety in thanks for the money they get. Also, I notice that when foreigners come here and they visit other cities, they go in groups just to be on the safe side. And they get a phone number from someone they trust, just in case of emergency and they need to call. And what type of city is correctly suitable for me to study and earn. Newyork, Washington, Pennysilvania, New jercy, california... like wise there are many top cities are there, in these all which is economical to me. And i heart that "Indian students are living in rent rooms which are in far distance to the main city, thats why they are frequently killed by the unknown in the night time trains.... How far it is correct. And give me your valuable suggestions..
I copied part of your question so I could answer it piece by piece and forgot to erase it at the end. So forget the last three paragraphs.
Do you have any friends from MIT or Harvard?
I have an extended cousin and Facebook Friend who go his PhD at Harvard. I think he now teaches at the University of North Carolina.
@dreamy1 (3818)
First you need to figure out what school you want to go to. Go to their websites. Research the program and see what are the best schools that offer the program you want. Find out what their admission requirements are and apply. If you get in then worry about everything else.
Thanks for the response...
Hi Remo I would suggest you start with looking at specific schools you are interested with. Apply to more then one because you may not be accepted to just one if you only apply to one. By applying look at the foreign student programs and see what are the requirements. I am sure there is a contact feature so that someone can properly guide you and or guide you to all their guidelines. Once you feel you are appropriate and accept the guidelines the rest really show flow easily.
Ever you heard any experience of a Indian? Or ever you saw any Indian student withing your premises?
I have had Indian acquaintances during my college years but must admit that I am not sure if they were foreign students or US members. Never really got comfortable enough with them to ask. It is only my assumption that they were US citizens. I also did not acquaint too much because as a college student I did not enjoy my college years with others, as I married so young and virtually was in and out as I had to rush home after class.
@aeiou78 (3458)
There is an educational exchange center in my country Malaysia for anyone who plans to study in America. I believe there is one in your country too. In my impression, you are already an American because you are posting an American flag with an America Air Force uniform. If you are in the America now, it will be easier for you to obtain the relevant information you want.
Yeah, i found many helping in Hyderabad(which is my local hitech city).
• Pamplona, Spain
Hiya remo, Best thing is to find out all you can about everything don´t miss a detail in any of the things that you need to know about. I would take it easy and take quite a bit of time finding out and see what you think then. I don´t know what it takes to be a Student there but I can imagine the same as here in Spain. If you were coming here you would be wise to take the guidelines the same as if you were going to America. This is also a tricky place well Country to be in. But with you finding out all you can and taking a good deal of time to decide you will know what is best in the end. Good luck then Remo hope you find a very nice place to live and study. All the best.xxx
Thank you so much for your helpful words...
i a Chinese student,and i have the seem problem. the discussion give me many many good advice. some of my friends who live abroad, according their talk, at first they hardly get along with the foreign area, but they have a better live now. so don't worried ,everything have it's process,when you overcome them ,you will find they mey not difficult like you think about it. good luck!