What's your busiest month?

We're coming into my busiest time of the year right now. This Saturday will be my wedding anniversary.. been married for 8 years, together for 10. Sunday is of course Mother's Day. Next Thursday will be my birthday, and next Friday is my oldest son's birthday. This is usually a very tough time of year for us. Of course my son's birthday is most important, we need to ensure he gets a nice gift. We haven't done a real party for him in a few years (last year we had a couple people over but it wasn't a huge party). This year it will probably just be us for a cake on Sunday. I plan on buying him a new bike for his birthday, he should like that. My husband always feels bad that he can't do more for me considering all 3 holidays I have. Normally I'll get one gift this time of year which is a combination anniversary, Mother's Day, and birthday gift. Sometimes if we're lucky we get to go out for our anniversary.. but that's only if we can afford to. Normally we can't because my son's birthday takes most of our spare cash. This year money is a little better for us. I haven't purchased the bike yet, but I do have $40 saved up just for the bike (and other saved money I can dip into if necessary) so we're not hurting to come up with a gift for my son. If we're all feeling well enough (we've been battling colds and pink eye in this house!) my mother has agreed to watch the kids on Sunday so hubby and I can go out to celebrate our anniversary (I'm working on Saturday, ugh!). So this month isn't nearly as stressful as previous years have been, thankfully. But it's still a pretty busy time of year for us with so many holidays all bunched together. Do you have a month where you have multiple holidays happening all at once?
@cher913 (25895)
i guess May is pretty busy. its my daughter's 18th birthday on the 13th, mothers day, i have a baby shower on the 15th, my mil's birthday on the 16th and the long weekend here in canada on the 20th (yay!). it seems that almost every month is busy. june has father's day, our church picnic, 2 grads, doctor appointments, a wedding shower, our annual meeting at work and for our condo (my hubby is the president) that sort of thing. just too busy!
Your daughter and my son share the same birthday!
Well, I should say always but I still consider December as my busiest month ever since it is the time when there are lots of activities in church, family reunions, old friends reunion, visiting special sights that are available only during that month, taking my vacation time off with my family in a special place far from the usual humdrum of every day life, time to meditate more with God...I simply enjoy December when celebrations abound especially when it is near the new year.
@ajk111 (2527)
March is my busiest (most stressful!) month. It's my wifes' birthday on the 13th followed by our wedding anniversary on the 15? then my sons birthday on the 26th. we also have the car MOT and tax to pay that month and i think in the UK it is mothers day in march. not sure because by that time i am all frazzled out!
Do you sometimes wonder what possessed you to get married in the same month as your wife's birthday? My son was born long before hubby and I got married, so we knew we already had my birthday, my son's birthday, and Mother's Day that week.. I can't say what we were thinking getting married in the beginning of May.
@ajk111 (2527)
we got married near her birthday because we thought it was romantic! lol! now it's a ruddy burden! lol!
I'm guessing that June will be the busiest month for me but I'm not sure. I know that on June 5th we are having my daughters 7th birthday party. A week or so after that is my husbands nephews gradution party. My friend Lisas daughters birthday is June 4th so she will be having a party for her I'm not sure when though. I have a dentist appointment on the 15th. My friend Jessicas sons birthday is the 22nd so she will be having a party for him sometime around there and the following week is her other sons birthday. Then on the 27th is my childrens cousin Pagies birthday and they will likely have a party for her as well. June is always packed full. I need to have a yard sale at some point to. Usually I only manage to have two yard sales during the summer because every weekend is busy with something. I have so much that I need to sell. I have given away probably 2 huge van loads of stuff since summer was over last year but I still have a ton of stuff left that I want to try to sell cheap to make a little money. If it doesnt sell then I will just give it away. Sounds like even though May is going to be a busy month for you that it will be fun. Enjoy your anniversary and I hope your son has a nice birthday. My daughters birthday is the 21st and my sisters birthday is the 25th. I have a doctors appoint on the 9th and 30th and my husbands burial on the 14th. The 11th is my daughters class trip. So may has a lot of things that I will have to do as well but not as much as June.
It usually is not fun. My birthday is a reminder that I'm getting older.. and it's also a reminder of how many of my family members have left us. I will not be getting cards from my foster mom, my step dad, my MIL and I will miss that.
My birthday was also the half birthday of my Godfather.. and he's not with us anymore either. Just too many reminders...
@bounce58 (17550)
First off, happy anniversary, and happy birthday (in advance)! Not so much birthdays or special days, but these days I've been finding that I have been very busy at home with the kids. Aside from the martial arts classes they have, they also have little league. I've been very busy that I don't even have time to do some house repairs. Hopefully the next few months would be lighter.
Thank you. With kids around it seems parents are always busy. Now that school has started back up for me I am super busy again as well. Between school work, housework, and my job it seems as if life has been getting away from me lately. Thankfully it will not last forever and I am doing something extremely important for our future happiness.
• Marion, Kansas
For me, it is November. My brother has a birthday, and my sister, and my husband's sister, and both of my children. Then Thanksgiving happens to be our major family celebration, while at the same time we are leading up to Christmas.
Yeah.. I can see how that would be busy. November is slightly busy for us.. my twins birthday is around the same time as Thanksgiving.
@dawnald (84124)
• Shingle Springs, California
Well first of all, thank you for reminding me about Mother's day, yikes, I was thinking I had another week. I guess our busiest month is December, due to Christmas and Dearra's birthday. Other than that, probably August due to back to school...
I know.. it kind of snuck up on me too. I was ready for Easter about a month early.. but with so much focus on Easter I totally forgot about what's coming up this month!
@myfb2009 (8304)
As for me here, the busiest month of every year would be on December, that's Christmas day. It is the time where every member of our family will gather together to celebrate this meaningful event. Our far away relatives will book air-ticket to fly back and spend a week holiday in my area. Where else, my hubby would take a week off, to bring them around the city for a tour. And myself, would be very busy cooking and sharing many kind of dishes with them, to make them feel welcome. Although i would be very tired but i feel worth it.
@salonga (27838)
December is the busiest month for me. Shopping, parties, home decorating and many Christmas related activities keep me busy during this month. While this is a busy month, it does not stress me but rather makes me excited and always vibrant each day. The remaining months are still busy months yet they are not as busy as Christmas season.
@ravinskye (8245)
May is a busy month for us too. I'd say it is probably our busiest normally. May June and July are going to be busy for us this year. May is my grandmothers birthday (today actually), mothers day, and my birthday (the 16th). Plus the kids have field trips and soccer. June is still soccer, some weeks as many as 4 games a week. Then tball practices start sometime in June so we'll have to fit that in. July will be tball games and our anniversary and my son's 4th birthday. Ah, summer lol.
@bunnybon7 (31069)
• Holiday, Florida
well that would be august. moms birthday, 14th, daughters birthday, 13th, my birthday, 24th, sons birthday, 25th and before hubby passed away, our anniversary, 4th. of course now that moms gone to, we only have the 3 birthdays, but then my youngest daughters is almost right after on 6st of september. so its a good thing no national holidays.
@wjack2010 (755)
My busiest month(s) is August to September and December because they are the times I have lots of stuff to do. In those months I try to make the most money possible ready in-time for Christmas and other occasions.
@jillhill (37354)
I have a couple of months where birthdays bunch up...April was just a big one...then June will also be.
@KrauseHome (32392)
Well, for us February is always the busiest and then March is always the tightest month Financially. It just happens that our Anniversary is in February, the day before Valentine's day so we are usually very busy that month, and since it is the shortest month it seems we never have much time for each other as well. This last yr. we had no $$ so we did not do anything, and trying to save some so we can at least do a weekend get away somewhere soon.