How much did it cost to kill Bin Laden, any idea?

@vandana7 (62278)
Ok - there were the twin towers, and many many innocents who burned to death or jumped to their death. And there were those air crafts that too took innocents to their grave. Each of those who died there had a family. There are kids whose future needs to be secured. Bin Laden was a terrorist. Terrorists dont have brains. But we do, dont we? Then there are many others who went to the Afghanistan, to be killed and maimed. They too have families. They too have mothers and kids, and wives, and girlfriends who must have cried. Was one man so important that pain of so many became insignificant? Was there simply no other way to bring Bin Laden to his knees? Have you thought of some? I did. I thought we ignore him completely. We pass a rule that press and media will not report any terrorist activities for the next 25 years. All terrorism would die. Terrorists thrive on creating that fear, and media gives them exactly that kind of attention. Once denied that, they would simply cease to do such things. At the most they would try to capture television stations. Then, we as individuals can ignore those channels. Is it passive acceptance? Of course not. It is just a way to frustrate that terrorist into giving up. Sounds too Gandhian? But why not try it. After all, we have been suffering terrorists for too long, and we've not really succeeded in controling them the other way.
@saphrina (31740)
• South Africa
i agree with you vannie. i might not have lost someone close to me, thru binnie's stupid inhumane acts, but once the media stop making heroes out of those a$$holes, they might just go away. or we can always go and wipe them from the face of this planet. i get to go first though.
@vandana7 (62278)
Congratulations. :) Yeah, media played and plays a major role in birth and survival of terrorists.
@saphrina (31740)
• South Africa
should we get rid of the media then?
@vandana7 (62278)
Not really. We just ban media from reporting such things and see if crime rates come down.
@ajk111 (2527)
that sounds a very novel approach and i for one would welcome anything if it could help stop this madness. i have been appaled by the amount of deaths over the last ten years and want it to stop now.
@vandana7 (62278)
Actually, what is going on right now is - terrorists strike, then we strike, then again terrorists regroup and strike, and again we strike. Somewhere, the ordinary man does not seem to be important any more. At least that is the way I felt. Agreed there will be deaths, initially quite a few. But those would be there even if terrorists were attacked, isn't it?
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
You do have a point there and I find it refreshingly radical, actually and the more I think about it, the more it makes sense! There is all this talk now of Bin Laden not actually being killed because there is no proof i.e. photographs that the President won't have released because they are too disturbing. I find this very odd. Go to all that trouble and not have proof? I can't get my head around it. The fact that the media are covering all this like a rash sums up what you are saying perfectly.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Hi! Forgive my ignorance but what's "TRP"?
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Thanks for that.
@moksha09 (468)
I am surprised but you are thinking like gandhi would and I thought you hated the guy.But you are right that is the only solution, to forgive and move on. Both Islam and Christianity have done enough damage all over the world. Their missionary zeal to spread their respective religions has been matched by the misery they have spread all over. I dare to think that now is the beginning of end of all religions particularly Islam and Christianity. By the time these religions die Humanity would be well on its way to higher evolution. we need to evolve into higher beings and all religions have failed in that most essential purpose. Religion is the root cause because none of them are realistic and practical that i why the followers are either cynical or ritualistic. A terrorist thinks nothing of doing namaz 5 times a day and then killing a human being who is a non muslim(or a muslim for that matter), a priest thinks nothing of sodomizi*g a young boy even as he regularly listens to confessions from sinners.In every religion hypocrisy is running rampant and is no longer needed to communalize and divide the people.
@vandana7 (62278)
Moksha - I am anything but forgiving. :) Here I am trying to make terrorist feel less important. Obviously the terrorist takes risks to plant those bombs or whatever. He feels delighted when "mission is accomplished". I want to deny him the pleasure of "misson accomplished". Make him feel all his efforts are in vain. Of course the terrorist would try some more cruel things, but that would still be ignored. When he cant do anything he would frustrate and possibly resort to killing himself. I am not against any religion moksha. I dont identify Christianity with sodomizing priest, or Islam with terrorists. If it were so, Ashoka the great, who was Hindu to start with, would not have destroyed Kalinga. Or Prabhakaran would not have created such a terror. Individuals can be bad. The bad can be in phases as well. Ashoka was reformed remember? It is a different issue that he started forcing buddhism with equal zeal later on. What I want to say is individuals can be bad. It is merely accident that they are from any one religion. People can also be mistaken about what their religion wants or expects of them. :) Oh you do sound so much like my bro. :( He too would have spoken quite like you. :) And he would have scolded me for holding such opinion. lol
@moksha09 (468)
Oh that brother of yours! Get over him you've got a sis now. You are not against any religion , that is nice to know. But I feel that is not enough, we should ban all religions because they are useless and have become defunct now.The Anglo-saxon and Muslim terror is hell bent on destroying mankind. The other religions are not far behind.
@vandana7 (62278)
No Moksha. When I needed help, he is the only one who had the guts to say he would be there. So not a chance in million I am going to forget him. :) Gotta call him. Just not doing it. :) I am fine with sis as well. I get twin well-wishers. :) Its a blessing. :) While religions are defunct, human beings have to grow some more and find another way to regulate themselves. Religions served that purpose in the past. We have to find a new way, dont you think?
@jennyze (7048)
Yes, that is the way I act to this date. I never watch nor read any news where there is a violence or terrorism in it. I even ignore any news on the government policies and just deal with whatever I need to do at one time. Most male species have a big ego, so that's why the troops going to Afghanistan, instead of eliminating terrorism they sacrificed more and more people to die in vain. What can we say?
@vandana7 (62278)
Well, I can't because my father holds the remote, and he loves politics and news channels. :(
@jennyze (7048)
Ah, so you grew from those news. That's not really bad, just make you more aware of the situation and I believe you will deal any issues better than us who does not care of what's going on in this world. Just smile more, cause I know you were pouting while watching to those news.
@krajibg (11940)
• Guwahati, India
Hi vandana, Good idea. Novel idea that press not allowed to highlight terrorist related events. But that would not get materialized. Each and every print media and electronic media is in the run for news, more exaggerated news. News would be a wrong term. We could rather say VIEWS. This brings more money. Well if a bill is passed in the LOk sabha that no news paper or news Chanel would give coverage on terrorist activities there would be 'Halla bol'. They would start ranting that our fundamental rights being challenged and the Supreme court would go in favor of them. And if there is no exposure of terrorist actions, they would feel like emancipated and roam around you openly with sophisticated arms. Besides, in India the Bandh culture has prospered a lot and if that news is not let know people would suffer, the insurance companies would be in loss for any damage caused to vehicles plying during bandh would not get insurance benefits if they are burnt or damaged. Who would look after them? Yes through discussion we can bring them down though it takes a long time. The LTTE supremo couls not be brought to his knee and Osama Bin Laden ji would be on his knee? We can just imagine and thats all.
@vandana7 (62278)
Rajib - the press gets to mention the incident briefly not make a movie out of it. As brief as a single sentence not exceeding 15 words may be for the entire episode. That way, people would know, and yet not be terrified. And terrorist would fail in his purpose, which is to create terror in the hearts of people.
@krajibg (11940)
• Guwahati, India
Yes, I understand your point but who will make them understand? When you are in a fray you would not love to be at the bottom line.
@webearn99 (1744)
Ignoring terrorism will be a great mistake. These people are not in for the publicity. They have an ideology which is absolute for them. This absoluteness is the cause of their thought that every thing else is disposable. The game plan is to get people and the governments scared enough to fall in line with their ideology and dogma. The basis of elimination of terrorism, now that it is firmly entrenched in the world political structure, is rigorous policing , detection and elimination of them and their sources of income. Lack of funding leads to a great lot of frustration. Even the basic tool of terror costs money. Lack of money is the prime disincentive. This is underway, only to be negated by interested governments with vested interest. Simultaneously, there should be a massive education plan for the underprivileged, remember those becoming the cannon fodder come from these communities. Education not mere literacy. That has the greatest potential to evoke reason. This reasoning power is the basis of lasting peace and harmony.
@vandana7 (62278)
Again you bring an interesting aspect. The money constraint. Webearn, it is not very difficult for these people to get monies. I suspected that the Kandahar hijack money that Vajpayee government paid was for something serious. I wouldn't be surprised if the funds were used to finance September 11.
@llbo1981 (1242)
It is said that the us government spent about 4 years to kill Bin Laden.We can see some information from the message.Four years long action may spent much money of us government,it is just a guess
@vandana7 (62278)
Tax payer's monies that could have been put to better use.
I still believe the US government had something to do with 9/11. Certain things just don't add up. I'll never believe the lying US government.
@vandana7 (62278)
Hi lsdshrooms, our politicians dont think very far ahead. They only target the elections. While I never suspected what you've mentioned, I wouldn't be surprised. That is because Americans were silent after learning about Jews in Germany during World War II. If it was a nation with conscience, it would have done something. Instead, it concentrated on its trade with Germany.