Why can't we all just get along?

@dawnald (84146)
Shingle Springs, California
They reproduce, spread their seed all over the place, it gets in our noses and we sneeze. Yep, it's airborne allergy season. It's bad enough that there's year round stuff like cat dander without this time of year making everybody absolutely miserable. Do you suffer from allergies? How do you deal with them? Do you think anybody is going to just read the title of this discussion and drop in with a dissertation about world peace?
It is Rodney King's quote, lol. Yes each year around thid time I get attacked by the Pollen monster! I get a b!tchy headache and then post nasal drip, and it is on. But thankfully with the help of an over the counter degoncestant and allegey pill, It doesn't last too long. It is Spring ! What are you going do?
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Yep, I knew that. :D I really need to take a Benedryl or something. Ironically, I made $1 today off my allergies (online survey about allergy meds lol).
I'm glad you made some money , Bummed it was because of you suffereing from Allergies . Hang in there. ps. I better say this now. Have a happy Mother's Day.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
It's not that bad, but thanks. And for the mother's day wish.
Darn allergies get the best out of me, or shall I say the worse out of me. lol Nasonex and I are good friends during this time of year. We get along quite well, sometimes depending on how the change in weather, it won't behave all the time. Seems like a conspiracy to me.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
I haven't tried Nasonex...
Yes, I seem to have more allergy problems in the spring. I take a generic form of Claritin, but not Claritin D. What ever decongestant is represented by the D wires me and I cannot sleep. I take a generic decongestant when I need it. Phenylirabmine , I think but do not quote me. I also take "mucus relief" when I have a lot of sinus pressures. Generic for Mucinex, not as many mg. either. If pills are bothersome you can get guifensin in liquid form as Robitussin. As far as people reading the title and jumping to conclusions, I would wager that not more than 1/4 will do that this time. Just a guess.Let me know how close I come.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
I'm thinking more like 1 in 10. I mostly just used Benadryl, but I've played around with Claritin, Allegra and others...
lol GG I thought the same and thought I mix it up a bit. Seems like the weather being so cold still here is determined to kick me.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
It's hot here, how about I send you 10 degrees of it....
I bet there will be atleast one person that doesn't read the entire thing and will go off about world peace. I have allergies. I just had a cold that everyone else in the household has gotten over and mine has gotten worse. I think I have Bronchitis. I just take the cheapest type allergy and sinus relief meds and blow my nose constantly. I sometimes have to have a tissue under my nose because it runs at night. I get such bad sinus headaches sometimes in the heat of the summer that I think my head is going to blow off. I used to get Bronchitis about every three months because we used to have fires around here so badly in the Summer months and I am ellergic to the smoke. I quit going outside anymore than I had to and that helped. I just got pneumonia instead. Hehehe I take hot showers and that helps too.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
That is just miserable...
It is isn't it? Bad time. Glad that is past. I hope this 'cold' is not bronchitis. My doctor cancelled because she is sick. Have to reschedule. Ugh!
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
I hope not too. That takes forever to clear up.
@bounce58 (17524)
There are too many differences in the world and everybody trying to impose their own deal. I agree that we all should get along! People with allergies, and people that don't, should all get along without discrimination.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
What if I sneeze on you?
@bounce58 (17524)
Then I take it as an act of war!!!
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
goes looking for surgical mask....
@topffer (36370)
• Djibouti, Djibouti
I have only one bad allergy. The Faculty needed two years to find it is an allergy to sawdust, and thanks God, I never worked in a sawmill. I had also an allergy to strawberries when I was 5 or 6 years old and ate two pounds of them, but I think I can eat more without any allergy today.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Was that an allergy, or just overeating?
@topffer (36370)
• Djibouti, Djibouti
An allergy due to overeating : I was covered of red stains during two or three days.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
It's just strange, if it was an allergy, that you can eat them now. But too much of anything can cause problems...
@sid556 (31003)
Hi Dawn, Haven't done a read-thru yet but I'll be surprised if you don't get some pretty oddball comments from those that just read the title or the first sentence and then jump to the keyboard. I do get allergies terrible and especially this time of year with the pollen being so thick. Not much helps. I do find that claritin non-drowsy works the best at easing the itchy eyes and runny nose. The others just make me want to sleep so mostly I just cope with it....not fun.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Yep, I did get a few comments like that. :D
@sid556 (31003)
Why am I not surprised?
I am allergic to a particular sibling of mine. What is the cure?
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
a one way plane ticket?
I will think about that!
@MsTickle (24994)
Why do you have to use such big words that nobody understands? We don't all keep dictionaries beside us so we can look things up you know. How do you expect people to respond when you use big words? You do realise that most of the people here don't have English as their first language so you are really being most unklind because you are making things harder for them because they cannot understand your big words. Everybody wants world peace but it's just not possible...everone knows that. We can never just all get along because there are terrorists and others who just want to be NOT peaceful and there are those against homosexuality and abortion and normal religion. These people all want to argue and start fights and stuff. And whats allergies got to do with this discussion? You really need to stick to the topic you know otherwise you might be against the guidelines or tos or faq and then you'll be deleted.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
OK - which was the too big word?
@MsTickle (24994)
"dissertation"...I actually had to look it up. Psst...don't tell anyone. I'm more familiar with the word "thesis".
@cream97 (29166)
Hi. dawnald. I don't suffer from allergies. But I do get a cold whenever the seasons seem to change. This is what I really dislike about the seasons changing, colds! My kids are more prone to get sicker because of them being around kids their age, that may have a cold. My kids have brought home more colds than I have ever had while just being at home. When they come home with a cold, I usually catch it and so does their other siblings too.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
I'm lucky. I don't seem to catch most of that stuff....
@barehugs (8986)
My wife is a person who likes to take control of her own life. She suffered from allergies in the spring time, and the Dr gave her different concoctions but none gave lasting relief. Finally she read about bee pollen and how it would help her allergies. So she went to a beekeeper and got some pollen granules. She began taking a small amount every morning spread over her toast and honey. After a time the bee pollen began to help her allergies. Now after taking pollen for a number of years she no longer suffers from spring allergies.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Huh, I'm taking a homeopathic "animal formula" to help with my allergies. It helps somewhat, but I think I need to deal with some plant allergies also.
my allergies aren't quite as bad as they used to be.one of the worst things-the privit hedges,thankfully haven't started blooming yet.when it does,i'm usually ok with a couple of benedryls.sleepy tho.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
yeah, me too...
@sedel1027 (17854)
I don't have seasonal allergies but I have been getting sinus' congestion. Wouldn't be so bad if it was just in my face, but my entire head hurts. Its almost as bad as a migrane. Nothing - meds, neti pot, ect - seems to 100% help. I haven't read the responses, but I'd bet at least a few are off topic!
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Sinus headaches are miserable....
@JenInTN (27564)
I suffer a little, but my b/f really has a tough time with allergies. I heard it is easier to get along with the flowers if you buy and eat locally grown honey..lol..the bees implement the local pollen and when you ingest it, it's kind of like a vaccine...weird huh? The things we have to do for peace. I don't know if it's true..but I know a place where I can get local honey and I think I'm gonna experiment on my b/f.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Especially the last 5 - 6 years have been hard on me, but not really, really awful. Annoying but tolerable.
@QeeGood (1214)
• Sweden
I seem to have a sensitivity for hair and drinking to much milk. It makes me get sick. I get a running nose when it is two much animals fur close to me. When I drink too much milk my stomack and intestines give me a reaction to get more often to the bathroom. It wuold be good if everyone living on Earth could get along in a peaceful approach.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Milk is a problem for me. If I eliminate it from my diet, my psoriasis gets better. But who wants to live without cheese?
@paula27661 (15899)
I never suffered from hay fever and the like but during the last few years I’ve had it bad. I don’t know about world peace but these seasonal allergies do nothing for my household peace because I get so tired of sniffling and sneezing my mood is not the best and am not to be messed with! I’ve tried several medications but all they do is make me sleepy! Maybe I should hibernate every spring time!
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Yeah,even the "non-drowsy" stuff makes me sleepy sometimes!
@stephcjh (32327)
I suffer from allergies sometimes. I think I am most allergic to pollen. when it is high or bad out, it makes me sneeze and my eyes itch and stay watery. I take allergy meds for it. I bet alot of people will just read the subject and reply LOL.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
stupid allergies, they are really bothering me, may have to bathe the cats...
@blue65packer (11835)
I was tested for allergies one time and I was not allergic to anything! I do get sinusitis and I am dealing with it right now! Sometimes I wonder if I do have some allergies or this is all sinusitis! I would not doubt I'd have another sinus infection! Whatever the deal is I feel ike crap alot of the times the weather changes,like now!
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
I was tested too, found a few things, one I didn't expect - cats...
hi da wn oh yes all year long i have to take benadryl to be able to breathe at night so I can get some sleep ,.I am allergic to dust and dust mites and that makes me miserable when I lie down to go to sleep. I wish it was not so but it isnt so I take the pills and do get some' sleep when my roomie is not driving me nuts.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Yeah, not fun at all at all...
@vandana7 (68543)
Let me bless you my child..In the name of the father, son, and the holy ghost, may you and all your allergens get along just fine this season. Psst..remind me for a better dissertation on peace the next year.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
hahaha it's not working....