How Do You Deal With Someone You Don't Like?

@erikmama (12934)
Have you ever been in a situation that you have had to deal with people that you REALLY don't like? For whatever reason you just totally dislike this person? Maybe it is a boss, a co-worker, or family member? Or maybe its like my situation: I rented room for a roomate deal for a while. Upon moving in I lost my MP3 player. Miracuousally her boyfriend found it. I leave for a couple hours a couple weeks later. Come back. Noticed purse was moved, or was it? Later discovered same MP3 player missing three days ago. Today she had to leave for a few hours and I babysat. While looking for a diaper for her son, I found my headphones. One of them is different, thats how I know they are mine! No MP3 player, but if you have the headphones you obviousily had it too. So I am heated. No lease, nothing signed. No wherre else to go. I will move ASAP...but until then I am living with a theif!
@bounce58 (17550)
Well that s@cks! I've only had to live with a roommate who was a theif, once. That was back in college. Our showers were separate from the rooms, so we had to get out when we needed to use the facilities. Once after coming back from the shower I discovered that some money that I kept under my clothes, inside my closet disappeared! After that, I locked my closet everytime I had to leave the room. I didn't talk much to the room mate, and I moved on to another apartment after that semester ended.
@erikmama (12934)
Yes it really sucks! That sucks...Did he ever say anything to yo about it? Are you sure it was him who did it? I knew it wa her when it came up gone You know how youget qa vibe some from someone by what they say or do. Then when I found them I knew!! Luckily I will be out of here soon!
@erikmama (12934)
I understand! I didn't even mention when we went to the grocery store she stole some ziploc bags~didn't know til we were coming home of course ,and she always talks about taking stuff. Your example us yet another reason everyone thinks I am a total Btch because i dont allow just any and everyone into my life anymore.At least you got out and thankfully I am too here in a couple of hour! :)
I stay away from people I don't like! Why spend time around someone you don't care for. Stay away from her! Leave the apartment, go to your room or another part of the house,e tc. SOme people just don't respect others things. If it gets bad enought you have to say something state the facts and don't get overly emotional.
@erikmama (12934)
I try not to be around people that I don't like too, but this was one of those situations that I had to do something. I will be moving out here shortly so I am very happy about that. Some people are just iognorant and disrespectful, and if they feel like that the type of person they want to be, who can change that? Karma always comes back so I am o.k. No more worries after today!
Well, I am glad today is almost over then. Yes, I believe Karma has saved me from the looney pen a number of times too!
Fortunately to date I have not had to live with people I did not like, unless we can count my ex-husband, then I divorced. lol But in your case I would say since it is a roommate that you secure your things so they do not get a hold of them. However, that means you live under lock and key, maybe it is time to get them out and start new with someone else. Good luck though because it has to be hard on you.
• Marion, Kansas
So, is the lease yours or hers. I guess I am asking if you have to move or if she does? This is just not fair that you have to keep making changes like this.
@erikmama (12934)
I think we've all had our share of ex's!! I am definitly ready to move on to better things. This is not how I want to live my life, and I will not pay rent to someone who will steal from me. It is her lease. I go.Life is hard right now, harder than it has been in a while. I am trying to get back up though.
You can still do it. Keep you things safe and keep an eye on her movements until she is out of your life. Yes. I have had to suffer people in my life - not a pleasant experience but what can't be cured has to be endured as they say. There was this colleague who hated my efficiency and lost no opportunity to mess up things for me!
@erikmama (12934)
Yes I have to because there is no other choice. The door to my room won't lock now as her son kicked it in. So she was suppose to fix it. Has not. Luckily I will be out of here soon. It isn't liiving good when you can't even leave for a few minutes and trust your things to be untouched.
• Marion, Kansas
This is the one that sneaks out and leaves her baby unattended knowing you will take care of it as well. She is not at all honest or trustworthy. I would get some locks for my items.
@erikmama (12934)
oh no! this is two totally different situations believe it or not. well my whole thing is the girl wants to talk, laugh, ha ha, chit chat, and I know that she took it, I forgot to mention in my post I did ask her about it and she asid one of the kids must have gotten it. I will find another roomate this week.
I can see GG asking if the lease was yours but from you comment it looks like you are the lease holder. Wow so sad on how you have to go through this but I can say from what I have read from other members discussions it sounds like in the end it is for the best. Think about the head aches you remove. Best of luck and do hope it all works out.
@erikmama (12934)
No I have been here 2 weeks...no lease...no agreement...and dont a headache i want to deal with.
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
The way I deal with someone I don't like is try to stay away from them at all times. If I need to be in their company I talk very little and try to get out of the place fast. Being around people I don't like or trust puts me in a very sick feeling within my soul and I can't deal with it. The further they are from me the better. So sorry for your perdictment. Its so horrible living with someone you can't trust. I hope you find a place ASAP and hide those headphones from her. You don't want to move out and can't find them again.
@erikmama (12934)
Hi Lelin! This is exactly how I feel being around this girl. She just made me sik and knowing that she did it without all the proff I needed really sukced. Today she admited taking it and I did get to say a few things to her. She will pay for it in the end because hat goes around comes arounf. I am now out on my own an am so thankful. I can neve do that again!
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
I'm glad you got out of there. Good luck to you and thank you for the best response nod. Have a great day and may God keeping blessing you.
@dream_ozn (1758)
Hi, it is really unfortunate that you are living with someone who wants to steal your things. However, i don't really understand what you mean. You are the one who is renting the room from this person whom you call is a thief right? Look at things on the brighter side. At least there is no lease, and nothing is signed. it would b a lot more complicated for you should there be a contract. Since there is nothing, you really should start looking for another place to stay! good luck
@dream_ozn (1758)
You were fast to have move out asps. A leopard can't change its spot. We can just hope that she won't take other people's things anymore because it is really not ethical to do so!
@kheydia (883)
Well, i have somebody in mind that i don't like but she's not a thief or anything that would make you dislike her, i just don't like her and i don't know why maybe i see myself in her.. But in your situation you are right, you have to move ASAP. Good luck to you...
@kheydia (883)
oh, thats good for you that you have finally move out from there, it will only cause you to hate people.
@dawnald (84129)
• Shingle Springs, California
How do I deal with somebody I dislike? As little as possible...
@erikmama (12934)
Yea...that really does help....And this is what I did the entire time I was tehere. I am sure we didn't say 5 wrds the whole time I was there. Luckily I am out on my own again and I ocouldn't be happier!
@orang13 (724)
You have all the right to get mad! HAHA. but! You have to atleast to confront her if this thinking of yours as seeing her as a thief is true! You know! judging is bad! But hell yeah, I got to tell my story too because I totally love this topic because! I really have a person somewhat a fake friend, I am faking him sorry! Because I really really despise him! I always wish I cannot see him but fate wanted me to see him. We get into most of the same adventures, school, classes and everything! Like always wanted to get rid of him! please please!
@erikmama (12934)
Oh yes, definitly mad! And today she confessed to it which made me even madder!! But those people are going to be who they are, and I will not associate with this gilr ever again. Her future isn't looking to bright, and with behaviors like this then she will never have a true friend. Why do you want to get rid of this person?
To deal with it,I think you'd better pay more attention to your personal things,especially something worthy.Try to put them in your order which you could remember easily. There are ususally some persons in our life with whom we can't get along with,though we try our best to be polite.It is really difficult to deal with such problems.We could control others,but we can control ourselves.So what we can do may be that we can be more careful with ourselves.
@erikmama (12934)
Well, it wasn't a matter of not knowing my things, it was a matter of leaving them inside of this girl's house, even though I was rentibg a room!! I made the situation the best for me by moving out, and though I did lose some money, I am in my oown apartment without the worry of things syuch as this.
thats the reason i dont want to share an apartment or room to anyone.because i believe we dont have the same thinking and thats the reason why we disagree or argue. better yet, try to look for an apartment that you can live alone. in that manner, you wont deal such disgraceful people.. goodluck!
@erikmama (12934)
I didn't either but it was one of those circumstacnes that I did not have a lot of control over. Me and this girl were definitly not on the same levels. I will not try to liv in a roomate type situation again, that is for sure, unless it is under very different circumstances.
I do my best to become friends with them, ill try to get along with them at first but if they dont want anything to do with me then i would just ignore them, which is the only thing you can do unless if there harassing you and trying to make your life a living hell then i would want to get revenge on them.
@erikmama (12934)
It is not really possible for me to try to become friends with someone who has stolen something from me!! She and I were already acquantances, so that shows me very well what type of person she truly is.
If only people all considered the interest of the others.a mylotter,Janey1966,said:"treat others how you would like to be treated."I agree with that.But then,In real life,we have to deal with people and people even those who is hard to get along with so we must learn how to live and let live.For those in question,we certainly give them a wide berth .
@erikmama (12934)
It would be ideal if we treated others as we would like to be treated, and like you sau, a lot of people don't have that same intention. I do not like people who will still from me that is for sure
Well... I have someone who seem to dislike me ..... and so I also dislike her back. She seems to be jealous of me and gives off a vibe that I'm stealing her friends. That's just not right. :[ I act like normal, just trying to be friendly but there is still the feeling of bitterness inside me. i can't help it. I just can't...
@erikmama (12934)
I wouldn't worry to much about this person! There is alway sgoing to be someone who doesn't like us for one reason or another, and nothing we can do. There's a lof ot other people in this world with who you can find that you will get along with and not hate being around!
Its really hard for me to get along with someone i dont like. well if i cant get out of a certain situation that were in the same place, i will try to make a small chitchat with that person.. well at least i tried, right? who knows we could be good friends after that conversation.
@erikmama (12934)
I could never be friends with someone I know took something from me! I don't think there is anything worse than a tehif, and I dont want to be friends with someone I can not turn my back on!
@wongchoiyee (6263)
I will lock all my things as one of the mylotter commented. As you are moving out soon, I suggest you to keep these things in a drawer and locked it everytime you went out. And also locked your room. Instead of staying with these thieves, you better move out soon!
@erikmama (12934)
I was unable to lock them or they would have been locked up. I wa able to move out today so I am relived that I am away from her and do not have to worry about her anymore.
Oh what an awful situation. I can't imagine living with a thief like that. When I was in high school my brother and I lived in a boarding house and we both shared the same room. We rented the whole room and we have our own key. The owner of the house have a duplicate key because the housekeeper cleans our room twice a week. I lost my collection of expensive stationeries and stickers, the whole bag of it and I felt so bad but we didn't complain. The next thing that got lost was my gold bracelet. Luckily one of the house help saw a receipt from a pawnshop in the adopted daughter's closet and gave it to my brother. We checked it in the pawnshop and it turned out to be mine. The owner had to pay me because I paid the pawnshop to get back my bracelet. That was the worst thing I have ever experienced.
@erikmama (12934)
It makes me mad that I know she did it yet I have to pretend that we are cool and fine, and that she puts on this front thinking I don't know. But what goes around comes around and it will eventually come back to get her. Wow...Sorry to hear that this happened to you but at least you did get some justice out of it. I think hotels and housekeepers are horrible for aking things uut of rooms. I don't understnad why people just think it is ok to take thing that is no there.
@oxash222 (27)
I've experienced that too for a couple of times...That's why i prefer a roommate who's a close friend or someone i really know. but the best way to solve those kind of issues w/ someone you don't get along with is to move out and transfer a new place. if you can afford, rent a room or apartment and live alone. if you can't, just choose someone whom you can really trust with everything,especially w/ your belongings and stuffs...^_^
@erikmama (12934)
I actually did know this girl...Not well, but apparantly not at all. I just don't like to live with people in the first place but this was one of those times I had no other options. I am getting to leave troday however into an apartment again and I am very happy about that. It is so sad that you can't trust anyone these days.
@hnaboro (113)
• Uganda
A thief? That is the worst person you can put up with. get your self out of this plca immediately.