I Couldn't Love My Child

@erikmama (12929)
Today I was walking to the house with my "roomate" when she saw a girl that she knew. This girl is bi-racial, black and white, and had a small son who appeared to be about 2. The girl was dark complected and the little boy was white. My roomate asked if it wa her son and she replied yes. My roomate then replied "wow he's so white", and the girl said well his dad as white. As we began to walk the girl stated how gross she thought it was to see a "black" girl walk arounf with a white baby and if itt was her child she would not claim it if it were that color! She contintued to rant until we got to the house about how goss it was etc.etc.etc. I could not believe m,y ears! She really was serious that she would not take care of a kif of her own if it was this color! Keep in mind the roomate is also biracial, and I have 2 bi-racial kids!! have you heard anything like this? Woul you not take care of a child because it was not the color you wanted it to be? What do you think about her ranting about this?
I would have slapped fire out of her azz by the time she finished if my child was bi racial.
@erikmama (12929)
The girl who said it is also bi-racial so it wasn't meant "like that". I would love to smack her for saying it and al ot of other things, but unfortuantly I can't.
@lelin1123 (15644)
• Puerto Rico
OMG I can't believe in this day and age a person can speak this way about the color of a childs skin. I have two grown beautiful bi-racial girls and they never had any type of problems with the color of their skin. One is a little darker then the younger one. They both have beautiful curling brown hair. They both have a child a piece. The oldest has a son who is black and beautiful and my youngest daughter has a daughter is also beautiful with a light skin complextion. I love both my grandkids like no other. I would give my life up for them. I can't believe how shallow and sick this person is to talk of a child in this manner. It makes me believe we will never get racial issues off the plate. What a shame and we are now in 2011.
@erikmama (12929)
Living where I do I experience or hear about racism quite often so it is definitly still alive. What is crazy about this situation is that the girl who was making the comments was hereself bi-racisl! It is ignorant to say, which is what I expect from this girl! I don't think she even understands what she said was wrong, or just doesn't care.
@lelin1123 (15644)
• Puerto Rico
No she most likely does not understand what she said was wrong, especially if she is bi-racial to. What a shame none the less. Thank you for the best response mark. Have a great day!
@laglen (19782)
I would absolutely love the irregardless of color. Even if the child is not mine.
@erikmama (12929)
Me 2! I have biracial kids with different skin tones and I love them just the same, Kids are so sweet and innocent. They are a true blessing. It is horrible that there are peope like this who feel this way.
@laglen (19782)
No kidding and especially when you made them yourself!
@flapiz (5742)
I think she is being unfair to the child. What the hell is wrong with her. I mean racism is definitely an old trend. I mean it doesn't really matter what color your child is. If it's yours, then you should love him as he is. I mean it's your blood running on his veins. And you were the one who conceived him in the first place. How can a person be so shallow?
@erikmama (12929)
hello!! it is crazy when you see racism from a person whi is mixed races herself!! there are just some things you dont say outloud even if they do cross your mind for some rteason, and this would be one of those!
@flapiz (5742)
Yes indeed. She should watch her mouth or she'll end up in a fight. LOL.
How could she rant like that, when she herself is a bi-racial. For me, because i am a mother, no matter how my child looks or the skin is way different from mine, i would proudly show to the world that she's my child. That's no way to treat your child!
@erikmama (12929)
Beats me~ If you could have saw the look on my face...I was just thinking man how stupid can you be to say somehing like that, and especially with her being bi-racial! My kids are bi-racial both different skin tones. I love them. If one was purple I would love him, too .Those are your kids and thats not the type of motherly love they are suppose to get.
@iklananda (1204)
You must have a bad experience eith your daughter that's why you cannot forgive her
I think you need to read the whole discussion again. erikmama was with another adult, they saw another adult who had a little child with her. Both the second and third adult are mixed race. The third adult looks black but her child looks very white. The second adult, who shares a house with erikmamma said a lot of hateful things about the fact that this baby looks very white. The second person said that she would not take care of a child that white. I do not know if erikmamma even has a daughter.
@erikmama (12929)
Thanks Gerty!!
@maximax8 (28558)
My white friend is engaged to a black lady that I have also become friends with. If they have children they will be bi-racial and I know they will love their children. Ginger hair is something a relative in the past may have had. Some parents don't like ginger hair but I think it is charming. When a lady is bi-racial she might have a mother that is French and a father that comes from Barbados. If that lady marries a white man from the Netherlands their child might be born looking white. I would love my child what ever color he or she is. The lady was doing very offensive ranting indeed! I think that bi-racial skin looks lovely. I am tolerant of every color of skin.
@erikmama (12929)
I also have bi racial children with different complexions and I love the both of them the same. We are suppose to love our children regardless and this is very selfish and ignorant ogf a person to say.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
I pretty much think she's an idiot...
@erikmama (12929)
Yea, that pretty much sums her up in a nutshell. Only an idiot would say something as foolish.
@Moesha99 (38)
• Barbados
I would love my child regardless of its skin colour.
@erikmama (12929)
That is what we are suppose to do when we have kids!! I am glad that not all mothers are like this girl!
@cieldz (711)
hello erikmama... :) wow your roomate is really a racist person... i hate the type of racist person... we live in this world together, we share the same sun and sky, we share the same air to breath, so every human should have respect to the other without judging their color skin or race... cheers... ^^
@erikmama (12929)
Hi cieldz!! She is black and white, so she is mixed. She just says stupid things that are really ignorant. This being one of those things. I agree! All of our blood is red, we all have hearts, feel hurt,pain, and happiness .We all should love one another.No matter what, especially when it comes to yout kids.
@mods196621 (3631)
As a mother we dont need to look at the color of our child or base to love them. Even they have the good skin or not they are a child that need care and love of their parents especially the mother. Don't let the children know that they are not love by their mother it makes them feel bad. Maybe this will be the beginning of the inferiority complex.
@erikmama (12929)
What is good skin? Yes, you are suppose to love your kid no matter what. I can not believe that someone would even make such remarks as she did.
Being a Filipina I'm already multi-racial, I think it was off of her to say such things, and maybe she's saying this because she doesn't have a child yet...but I'm not sure though, in my opinion it will not matter to a mother what color her child would be since it is HER CHILD, but she might be an exception, I shudder to think what would happen if she would happen to have a baby in a color she didn't want...
@erikmama (12929)
She does have kids....and she is also biracial... It should not matter to a mother. Love for your kids is unconditional.
@bounce58 (17524)
WTF?! Is there something wrong with her? Did she not realize that she was talking to you? I hope you gave her a piece of your mind. Because if it were me, I wouldn't be able to stand her ranting, specially if it related to my own kids.
@erikmama (12929)
Yea...there really is...see other discussion... She herself is bi-racial. It was the most ignorant things I think I have heard come out of someone's mouth! I swear! If you mingle with another race your kids can come out any color. That doesn't mean you get to pick the complex you want. She has three, and her being bi-racial with black fathers to the kids, has one that is vry dark skinned, one that is medium skin toned, and one that is just a shade darker than my son... I can not stand the girl period and it always seems to be some ignornat sht like this coming out of her mouth...GRR!
I think she wants attention, she is showing off and she is just trying to see if she can get you mad. She also may have wanted that girl to hear her and be hurt or mad. I do not care if my kid was green, I would love and care for it.
@erikmama (12929)
I think she really meant it. That is the sad part. She is one of those type of people. I can clearly see that now. I feel the same way as you. It doesn't matter what my child looks like, it is my child and I will love it unconditionally.
@menace730 (506)
shame on her !!!
@erikmama (12929)
I agree!! It is terrible a mother could say something like that. But there are so many self-centered and ignorant people in this world these days so it seems. I am a mother and love my kids no matter what they look like. They are my kids.
Wow this is sad to hear, really as a mother we love our child because we love our child. I feel sorry for any of her kid because if one was to get lighter or darker does this mean she will stop loving them? I am just hoping she is speaking out of ignorance and not because she truly means this. I would love my child regardless of his/her color, race whatever.. It is my child and what kind of chance does a child of this type of parent really have later in life with such a cruel world. *sad*
@erikmama (12929)
Yes, I thought that about mothers as well. I feel sorry for her kids too. For more reasons thatn that. She is just one of those poeple who will always be on of those people, sad to say. She just doesn't have ac lue, about anything really. She is ignorant, that is for usre. My kids are bi racial both different colors and I love them each the same!
@cream97 (29166)
Hi. erikmama. What a very stupid and silly girl she is. I don't like calling anyone names, but this girl is pathetic! How can she say something like this, when her own kids are bi-racial too, and then on top of that, she has two kids??? I wonder what race is your roommate? It is nothing gross about seeing a darker complexion mother that has a lighter complexion child at all. What is gross is the rude and childish remarks and insults that have came out of her freaking trashy mouth!
I find it ironic that someone who would sleep with some one of another race wouldn't love a child from that tryst. i would think though like many bi racial people where she lived growing up made a different. It is sad to say but growing up bi racial in either race's "main" society leave an impression that the other race is bad, or weak or wrong. This tends to leave a person the embarrassed by one or the other race. I can see where that could lead to these statements.