Pay Me The Money!

@erikmama (12934)
Yesterday I moved as some of you know, so I called a taxi cab to help me move my things. It is the same cab company that moved me over to the house I was living. The first taxi they sent could noit get his backseat down so i had to wait for another driver, which tool about 30 minutes. The 2nd driver was very rude. He did help me life a tote that was very heavy. My last trip with the same things cos t me just over $8. When I got it all unloaded, again he helped with a couple of totes, I aske him how much I owed. He told me the trip (the same trip mind you) was $9 plus a $35 fee for moving. I told him I did not have that to give him and that my last trip cost just $8. This is when he told me something was wrong with me because everyone knows cabs charge this moving fee. I informed him I was not charged a moving fee moving and he told me I should have known. I refused to pay him ths fee. I told him he should have told me that before he took me over there should that be the case. I could have given anyone $20 to moved me!! At this point he told me he helped me and I ws ripping him off!! I dont know if there is such a fee or not, however, I know that I was not charged this the lst time, and if there was such a fee he should have informed me befre I got in. He ended up taking my $20 bill ad giving me just $10 back. I was not happy at all!! What would you have done? What should I do? Shouldn't he tell me before I get in? What do you think abourt rude cab drivers?
Here I can't get anywhere for $9 in cab. A few blocks has costs us $12, as we do not drive if we know there will be a bit of drinking, but I understand that it was the principal that he and or company did not inform you that there would be a moving fee. Actually I have never heard of a cab driver charging a moving fee, but maybe because I have never moved with a cab. So perhaps calling the company directly to find out if this is customary and or he does on the side to get the extra. Although he might own the cab and if so then perhaps nothing you can do if that is the case. Outside of maybe while calling asking if there will be an additional fee in advance. I have called cab companies and asked what the approximate advance fee was before I ordered the cab. Sounds like an upsetting situation and you are bit more relaxed now. Hope you are settled in your new place.
@erikmama (12934)
Yes, it is principal. That is a lot to me! LOL! I have never heard of this moving fee either, and while I am not saying that they don't have it, the same exact cab company did not charge me the fee 2 weeks prior. And he was so rude about it!! I think I will call to find out, and yes, they are privatley wonde so not much that I can do about it other than to not sue their srvice again.
I would have given him the $20 regadless because it was a mmove and he helped you even if it were one tote. I know many cab drivers and they all tell you the fare after you get there. I moved with a taxi once and was told afteer I got there. he was so nice my tv was super heavy and he helpd me get to the second floor with it. And he would not take any extra cash I tried to give him.
@erikmama (12934)
In a cab here no one has to tell you the fare as the fare box proudly displaays it. I moved approx 1 mile down the road and his price would have been $40!! I could have had anyone move me for half that cost. If I had known there was an extra fee of this amount I could have decided whether or not I wanted to pay that much or not. I did not have an extra $40 lying around to give to the man!! And to do something for someone and expect something in return i just plain rude. I was not given the chance.
@sid556 (31005)
Hi Erikmama, I do think that he should have warned you of the cost first. Still, I have to say that his price was not unfair. A cab here would cost about 10.00 just for a lift. The help with the moving would definitly cost more. I could be wrong because I really have never used a cab to move. I would imagine that just the loading and unloading took up some of his time even if he just sat there. Not sure how much stuff you had.
@sid556 (31005)
Hi there, Well, where I live, the meter runs while you run into the store and you do pay. I remember years ago taking a cab to get some groceries and I had to call for another cab when I got done. It would not have been worth it to have the driver sit and wait for me. That being said, If he did not have to help you then I really don't understand the additional fee. I mean, I did not pay extra for piling a ton of groceries into the cab so I don't see how your situation could be much different really. Was it only one trip? If so then I'd be calling the cab company and arguing on this one.
@bounce58 (17526)
WTF!?! What moving fee? I've never heard of such a thing with cabs. Even if there was such a thing, he should have told you before he started doing anything. I hope you called the cab company. To complain, or at least get information about this 'moving fee'. Or to report the driver being rude.
@erikmama (12934)
WTF is exactly what I said, too! But I wasn't going. He just should have told me before I put anything into the cab if there is this fee. Yiu doin'y just add surprise fees when someone gets to trheir destination. I feel like if it was a valid fee he would have called the company he worlks for, even the police...But he argues with me a little while then left.He would have dto do something as I did not have that type of extra money to fork over to jhim. I did not call and complain as I did not want the guy to come back and kill me or something!
@bounce58 (17526)
And now it shows! It's me again on #11. I think my computer is just acting up. Thanks again for the BR!
I would check with the cab company. I am in a small town and the cabby does not charge like that. He does tons of extra things for his clients. This guy should have told you upfront if there was a fee. I think he was just trying to get whatever he could. How is the new place?
@erikmama (12934)
I thought about calling them but didn't because God knows if the guy will come back and try to hurt me or something...or maybe it is just me who thinks that way...if he had told me before i got in then i could have decided if i wanted to take the ride but for him to assue i knew was wrong. I am even upset that he charged me more!
@visavis (5945)
yeah gardengerty is correct should be complaint to the cab company. he never come back to you for sure, because he was wrong and not right action towards passenger or customer.. see you around
I think that the cab driver that you had in this situation was trying to take advantage of you. Now, I've never used a cab because I've always been lucky enough to have a car of my own. However, I never knew that there was a "baggage" fee for taking something with you on a cab ride. With that said, I also thought that cab drivers were in the service industry, so they should not charge you for helping you out at all. Of course, that is just my two cents.
@erikmama (12934)
I think so too. I am not someone who uses a cab all of the time so if there is such a fee there is no way for me to know. You should inform customers when they go in their if there are going to be additional fees. If I had known there was a fee then I would have found another way to transport my things for a charge much less than he was aking. You shouldn't charge for helping me out! Especially when I didn't ask you. You are suppose to help and do for others out of the kind ness of your heart. I would have tipeed the guy for it bur not when someone tried to take advantage of me.
@HADDOWZ (1481)
I think I would have checked with the cab company first if there would be any additional fees for helping you move. After all the time the driver spent helping move your items he could have spent on taking another customer in his cab, so he could actually be losing money. That said I dont understand why one week you dont get charged then the next week you do. Maybe the original taxi driver was just simply a nice person helping you move for free. Check with the company on their terms of service and charges. PS. not all taxi drivers are rude.
@erikmama (12934)
Nashville Cab Was RUDE!! - Rude cab service at its worst-NASHVILLE CAB!
Well, I did not think anything about any fee of this nature since I had already used them an not been charged any such fee. I did not ask him to help me with anything. If you have a cab fare who runs into the store, you le tthe meter run, not charge then $25! So to me it is the same thing. And on top of that I had every intention to tip the guym as I always do, but not for this type of service. If there was such a fee then it should be made clear before I got into the cab. You can''t just make these things up and say I owe it once you get me where I am going! To me the man was very rude and greedy. I know not all cab drivers are rude. The last guy I got was simply wonderful. But not this guy, probably the WORST cab experience I have ever had. Regardless of the fee being there or not it is NOT on the website, as this is hw I booked my trip nor did he say anything.
@visavis (5945)
Hi friend, there are so many taxi driver like what you experience they are all rude and no respect to the customers. If I ware you will get the plate and name of the driver then complaint to the company whom he work, I'm sure they have a rules about. If Im in your shoes I will have the same attitude and unhappy about the driver... see you around
@erikmama (12934)
hello Vis! This is the first time I have had such rude service before. I do not use cabs a lot, but I cn say this experience takes the cake! I know they are independant contractors so what the company can do about it I am not sure. I feel like complaining would be just a waste of my time.