It's raining again!!!

Okay, so I'm from the Philippines and usually at this time of year, it's supposed to be summer. Summer means hot weather but now, it's freaking raining again. It's raining so hard that I couldn't even get out of the house for a walk or to buy something for myself. For the past few days and couple of weeks at most, we experience the heat during the day especially at noon then by late afternoon, the sky becomes gloomy and then it starts to rain. Now that it's my day off, I had plans of going out and doing some errands but now, I couldn't because it's raining. Is this what global warming does? Would we expect summer to be like this all the time? I miss those times when summer was really summer in every sense of the word without the rains.
@Mickie30 (2633)
I'm from Britain and it's supposed to be summer here also, but today has just poured down. We have had some hot weather but now, it's raining again. It's even been raining so hard that it leaked in the Church this morning. Although we think someone may have stolen the led from the roof and this is why it rained inside. It was awful.
That's awful. You're all dressed up for church and you end up walking on the wet floor. It's really a little bit disappointing but at least you were able to do what you were supposed to do, that is to go to church... unlike me.
@Mickie30 (2633)
Yeah we ended up having a sermon about soaking in God's presence and we were definitely soaking near the end of the service, lol!
@chuyins123 (2118)
Hello, I am from the Philippines too. The past few days, I haven't slept well because of the freaking hot weather. I am glad that rain comes today, though I didn't expect it too because it's summer. I was just thankful for it. It gave me some inconveniences though, I was all wet up as I entered the church service this afternoon because it rained so hard. But still, I am thankful for the coldness, I hope to be able to have long hour sleep tonight. :)
I hope you had a great sleep last night! It's just that the timing was perfect (ironically speaking). Anyway, I hope it wouldn't rain so hard especially on a weekend or on a Sunday 'cause it's usually the only day I can really go out to take a stroll and do some stuff I can't do during weekdays.
Yeah, I had a great sleep last night. I love the cool weather. It really gave me the comfortable sleep I've been wanting the past few days. I do hope it wouldn't rain on weekends again. I also have some outings with my friends scheduled on a weekend.
WE are having the same here. It is supposed to be in the 70's and we are still getting hit with mixes of rain or snow or rain and snow..I live in Utah in the United States. I think the weather everywhere is changing. We are all getting extremes that aren't normal from what we would get. Hopefully summer comes soon.. I miss it too.
I think that's worse.. getting hit by rain and snow. I agree with you that we are really experiencing extreme weather conditions that even weather forecasts tend to be wrong most off the time.
@ludyvel04 (312)
Absolutely yes,,, we are currently experiencing global warming and this is due to humanity destroying the whole world...
I wish there's something more that we could do to help stop the effects of global warming and get back to the times when summer felt like summer.I hope it's not too late.
@megamatt (14332)
There has been a lot of rain in many areas around the world I think. Especially in the place where I live, which tends to have a lot of rain. Of course, I'm really trying to figure out with when this really happened. Looking at the recent trends of weather, granted without doing any in depth research or whatever, it does seem to be slightly more above average. At least that is the way that I am reading things, could be misreading them. Global warming is a rather curious little element, as it is hard to tell how much of it has been overblown and how much of it is truthful. There are a lot of times where people are just trying to fit their own agendas and they are putting information out there to skew it. I think that there is a problem out there, although to what extent or what the long term damage is going to be, we're going to have to wait and see. There have been periods of both warming and cooling throughout history.
That's a very interesting thought and quite a mouthful. It actually made me think deeper on what the changes in weather really mean and if it's just because of global warming. I guess, all we need to do is just to wait and see.
@maximax8 (27334)
I have bought a shed which is being made to look like a summer house. It was windy last weekend and then in the weekday evenings last week it was dry and sunny. This weekend sadly the rain has come down especially on Saturday morning. Rain whilst getting my shed put up it the last thing that I need. I hope that the roof of it will go on tomorrow evening. In my home country it is spring and it is a shame that even though it is summer in the Philippines it is raining.
It's really quite a shame. It somewhat pisses me off when the weather doesn't cooperate with your plans and it means double the work in putting up the shed for the nth time. How I wish we could have spring time here in the country for a change.
Hey there penrockerchic! I am also from the Philippines and I was surprised about the sudden rain. It was so hot the past few days and it suddenly rain so hard. I'[m somewhat hesitant to go outside because how dirty and wet the road is after the rain somewhat stopped.
Hi tecchigurl! Just like you I hate it when my shoes get dirty from the wet pavement and dirt when I'm outside after a hard pouring rain. It's quite a hassle really and I hate the feeling of walking with dirty shoes and wet pants.
The weather's all eccentric because of Global Warming and PAGASA did say that it's going to be a wet summer. In other countries like the UK, they can't really ever expect the summers to be really hot and dry and in the US, the worst storms occur during the midst of summer. Here in the Philippines, I'm actually glad that it poured today because the heat was getting to me but today definitely disappointed some who were all set to go to the beach to tan or whatnot. Cheer up, PAGASA also said it's gonna get even hotter around late May.
It's just really disappointing since today is Sunday and supposed to be a free day for me. But even going to the mall or buying some groceries are just a few of those tasks that I couldn't do today because of the whether. So it was then predicted that this year would be a wet summer. Maybe it would've been best if they only just said that we're not going to experience summer at all.
@indahfth (11173)
In Indonesia, there is also the same. Almost no summer now. Now, only the continuous rain. There are some areas that become flooded due to rain. I also really want to, come summer. Perhaps, indeed this is true because of global warming.
I think it's really the effect of the global warming. I wish there's a way we could fix this.
@edsss17 (4398)
You're not alone.. We are supposed to be enjoying our summer vacation right now, but we can't!! As it is freaking raining again... I'm from Mindanao, and in a week, the sun will just shine few hours a day and then it will rain the whole day again.
And I thought it's only happening here in Baguio. I really hate it when it rains on the summer months. We are so restrained with the few hours that we get to spend in the sun, go out with friends and pretty much do anything you want without the hassle of thinking if it's gonna rain in just a few minutes.
@zralte (4186)
Awww that must have been frustrating for you. I know I get really frustrated when I can't do the thing I planned to do. Hm...send a little of those rains my way...It is boiling hot here and a bit of rain would cool us down a bit. Global Warming does create havoc on the weather these days. There were times, up until a few years ago, when we can pretty much say the month it will rain, etc. Now, it's as if all those schedule are thrown off.
You're right about that. I really miss those times when we can enjoy 3 months of summer heat. It's the only time of the year that I get to experience the sun's heat since I live in a cold-weathered city. It's really frustrating and now I'm just home bound.
@Cannonball (3636)
• France
Not sure it has something to do with global warming, I mean in history there was always climate changes. It must be like that in tropical places like yours, I think the easiest for you is to move to my hometown.