I could not imagine myself fighting at my age..

I don't know a out you.. I am 41 and I have been in positions in life where I had to fight my way out. But,today as I was thinking of someone bothering my daughter. I think that would be the only reason I would fight someone. But,I have also been in spots this year where I walked away and felt great. But,over all I can't see myself in a fight at my age..
I have had to take care of me my whole life and can honestly say that only once in my life did I ever have to punch someone as to defend myself. I can't imagine it now but of course if I had to defend me and or my kids, you betcha I would not think twice.
That's not good. If it comes to a physical threat, then sure, protect your family, but if it's someone who is annoying or you are disagreeing, then fighting really is stupid. I would like to live in a world where we settle our differences in a non-violent way. However, where there is crime, there will be violence to defend it.
Absolutely and although I had to defend me as a child that one time I cannot fathom being in a physical fight as an adult, unless of course I had to defend me, is that not what you understood?
I would never fight anyone because of words dear, that is not logical, I think you misunderstood my response above. If someone were to physically harm me and or my family then I would not think twice to defend me and or may family. But to physically fight over words makes no absolute sense.
@TREISIKA (22)
• Vietnam
you should fight but fight for the truth,for the right not for anyone cos anybody can be wrong. Do you agree?
True, fighting over an opinion is useless as opinions are never right or wrong. However some people are so dumb that they fight over things that can completely be proven wrong, and those people really do deserve to get beaten up.
@CTHanum (8254)
Don't beat up other people please. That is a violent action. A talks and discussions should be done first before you start beating other people. Beating people won't settle anything~
@asliah (11148)
its not depending on what age you have right now.i have many people that i know over at your age still fighting.
@CTHanum (8254)
Agree. Fighting does not know the age. There a lot of older people who likes to have a fight and argue to each other and they hardly admit their mistakes. They always think that they are correct all the time~
engaging in a fight when we reach adolescence is not a good etiquette in a society. Except of course if it involves someone we love, it is only our way of defending him/her from troubles.
@CTHanum (8254)
Usually if that person is important to us we will protect and defends them. That way will show our love to them. They are less important to ourselves if we don't give a help and protect them.
I haven't gotten into a physical fight since I was in 5th grade; fighting never solves anything. Sure it feels good to knock someone back a little after they've wronged you, but they're just gonna get revenge on you eventually. Unless they're physically bullying you, then hurt them and they'll leave you alone maybe, haha. Good luck in your situation though.
@CTHanum (8254)
Fighting with words has much more impact than physical fight~ That is why people like to further it in court rather than knocking and punching of others~ Good if they win the case and lose if they can't make it~ That is a normal way of fighting nowadays~
@oninomar (506)
Hi , Fighting is really a bad attitude and must not be always do as a normal person. But, if you are fight for someone like your daughter, family and friends it could be excluded from that law. Fighting for the right and for depending of others, is a ways to show that you really concerned to them. When I was in my young age, I sometimes do fighting for my right, for my toys and for any things that I have. I always thing the no one can protect me but my self ( without the aid of my parents) ..
Haha well yeah, any kid will get swingy if he's cranky or if his toys are in jepoardy lol. Fighting for little or no reason is quite stupid, you're right, I think people should be able to solve their disputes nonviolently, but we all hope for that someway I guess.
@carolscash (9500)
I really would not want to be in a physical fight, but I would fight for my kids. I also am very strong willed and I am set in my ways and very opinionated, so I do find that I get into some heated arguments with others at times. I know that it is not a good idea, but it happens.
I have had this happen a lot with her growing up. I just hate the fact that people push me this hard.
@wongchoiyee (7456)
I will fight for myself even though other people don't care about me. I think as long as it is for healthy reason, there's no need to bother about.
@CTHanum (8254)
I can't stand with girls fight even if I am a girl. I feel it amused to see them fighting. Ladies always fight in a way that for me is not necessary. They like to use words to get into a fight and then come the physical attack if the case get worst. I will stopped them if I see this but I really can't stand with it. It really makes me wanna laugh. It is better if they can talk after they get cool and calm and don't get too emotional. I have never been in a fight before because I always settle it in a good manner way.
@stephcjh (32327)
I feel the very same way. I have never had to fight anyone but I used to have people bullying me. I would have thought about fighting for my daughter too if someone was hurting her. I hate violence though.
I fought all my child hood. this neighborhood is terrible to grow up in.
Fighting is not prohibited for us older persons, as long as there is something worth fighting for. As in your case, you have to fight for your daughter. I would also do that , if that is the case.
I am glad this was not the case at all. I feel like I am too old to carry on like this.
@tiina05 (2319)
hello, Actually, fighting for a reason is accepted even any ages. right? Don't feel wrong if you just fight for your daughter you are just a mom and it is natural. If you are thinking that people might judge you well it is understandable that you just make mad when your child was hurt and probably they will know who you really are if they try to hurt again your child.
Yes,I can agree with this. Thanks
@cream97 (29166)
If someone hurts your daughter intentionally, it should not matter how old that you are. You are her mother, and that is what mother's do. They protect their child as much as they can. I hope that, you will never have to fight though. But if you do, at least it will be for a good reason though. I do understand why you feel like fighting at your age is just not so cool though. But, if you have to do it, don't be ashamed to.
@CTHanum (8254)
If it is about my family and they are innocent I will fight back for them. I don't think it is wrong to protect our own family as long as they are innocent. If it was their fault I will give them something. If we did not do an mistake we should stand and protect it.
@sid556 (31003)
Hi, I've never been much of a fighter. In fact, even in an abusive relationship, I can honestly say that I would remove myself from the situation rather than physically fight back. The only way I would physically try to fight someone who was bothering my daughter would be in an attempt to stop them from physically harming her. It would be a reaction more than anything, I think. I can't think of any other situation that would cause me to go after another person.
You mean fist fights? Well, it's not really good in the first place. I can still see myself in a fight at my age (26) but I'm always looking to find other ways to solve the problem and not always resort to violence. I'm not really a violent person in nature but there are times when we encounter situations that require violence as much as we want things to happen smoothly.
You're a mother. It is just natural for you to fight for you're daughter (if I am getting this discussion right). A mother would do everything for his child. I believe there's no age limit for those who want to fight. We, as human beings, have our own fights--fight to survive, to succeed, and to live.
@jaiho2009 (39001)
hello gab, Oh i won't give a second thought for having a fight when it involves my daughter or my sons...(ugh!) Now i really know how it is be a mother "HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY"
I can't see myself fighting either. I am nearly 60. If my kids were in trouble I would fight but not unless I had to. I have defended my friends in the past and would again if I had to. I am not afraid of defending myself or my family I would just rather not. I think anger can make you stronger than you think you are.
hi there, I think we're all can see that you have right fight. People can understand what you're fight for so in this chase, age is not a matter. I think you've made a good decision here.