I think singer song writers must have their separate singing competition

Calgary, Alberta
The best singer song writers in existence cant hit high notes, they can sing but they dont do high notes, They play instruments and sing songs they wrote. Singer song writers are more appreciated in their ability to be an original artist, sing emotionally and honesty because they wrote the song they sing and be artistic. I think the singer song writer types struggle in singing competition because they were forced to sing songs that is not their genre, they were not able to show what kind of artist they were since they cant sing their originals, they only have to cover songs. We know singing competitions favors the high notes people more, plain singers are more about their vocals and performance, while singer song writers are more about emotions and being an artists. Since Singer song writers are usually eaten alive in many singing contest I think there must be a separate singing competition for them where they can sing their originals. They can show us the kind of artist they were. Seriously John Lennon, Alanis Morrisette and Bob marley wont be able to win a singing contest since they were not about high notes, they were about singing songs they wrote. I think there should be s singing contest for the singer song writers. Where we can see them write songs then perform it on stage. Since they gained fans on that aspect.
@jaiho2009 (39079)
hello cap, You got the point in here. Singer song writers sings from their heart and not for the money or fame to gain. They sings to express their emotions,it's their world some kind of extension through singing their voice out from their inner souls. While singers (singers alone) can't give life ,more than of those singer song writers. That makes singer song writers become famous and stays in the industry as legends because they knows how to captures the heart of those people who really knows how to determine songs with melody from songs out of noise. nice one her capt!
• Calgary, Alberta
I just noticed singer song writers always gets eaten alive in American idol and many singing competitions because they can sing their originals, thats how they were marketed not for their voice. Can you imagine Jewel or Kurt Kobain in American idol, they will lose. so a contest for singer song writers must happen. a contest where they can write songs and sing it on stage. I had seen singer song writers fail in singing contest but if you will check their originals its awesome. regular singers can hit the notes and belt it out because their only focus is their vocals.
@jaiho2009 (39079)
and typo err hehehe nice one here capt! okay this Kurt Kobain with Rebecca Black
• Calgary, Alberta
Rebbeca black actually didnt write that dumb song, its wrote by a well known pop composer.
@KrauseHome (33371)
These are definately some Great points, because in general competitions like American Idol are not really for the people who want to sing songs that others do not know, and songs the person themselves might have wrote. I think it would be interesting to have a competition among people who Write their own songs they sing and help to get some of them promoted more. It would be interesting thing to see for sure.
• Calgary, Alberta
Plus in singing competitions its all about the high notes, We know John Lennon cant do high notes. Singer song writers just gets eaten alive in American idol, They were supposed to sing original songs since theyw ere singer song writers and not plain singers. My format for a contest where singer song writers gets to sing originals would be this: Instead of phone votes they will have their songs as single in i-tunes.