This is what 3rd Graders learn in Tucson, AZ

@debrakcarey (19924)
Warning: strong language in video http://paulrevereradio.ning.com/video/video/show?id=6327028%3AVideo%3A68342&xgs=1&xg_source=msg_share_video Notice, at the end of the video a school board member asks the mother to watch her language, but the audiance says in her defense...she's she's reading from the textbook!! I am sickened by this. THIS IS WHAT 3RD GRADERS ARE READING IN ARIZONA!! Text telling them that capitalism is wrong, oppressive and that there needs to be a revolution to overthrow the government! If I were you I'd be reading my children's and grandchildren's textbooks!!
@dragon54u (31638)
Thank goodness there are people that are fighting the inclusion of that course in the curriculum. Conservatives and liberals alike are coming together to challenge the school board. I've seen that clip before and it's too ludicrous for words!
@debrakcarey (19924)
It sent chills down my arms. I can't believe it made it past the board int the first place. Don't school boards review textbooks before buying them?
@dragon54u (31638)
Most school boards have review committee for the elective books and sometimes they have to take the state recommended books (which are recommended by the feds and they use them or lose funds--their own money that they send to DC!). Often the people on those committees have agendas that they want to promote. The boards frequently just take the advice and buy the books without looking at them.
@debrakcarey (19924)
As I said to carmel, there was one board member who looked concerned, the one who spoke and said for the woman to watch her language looked smug to me. It's so wrong that they have to use the books chosen by the feds or loose their funding. That's blackmail.
@bestboy19 (5482)
After hearing the horror stories about the text books public schools are using, and not just this one, I'm of the opinion they should all be chucked. History should be learned from original documents, old newspapers, and old encyclopedias when possible, and not from those with an agenda. Going back to the original will get the students closer to the truth.
@debrakcarey (19924)
I agree bestboy. I found a video a while back on a related subject. I posted actually two discussions on them; not for profit organizations are deliberately changing the facts of history. And a teacher attended a conferance where it was planned and brought suit. I will look for them and post the links.
@debrakcarey (19924)
on the teacher attending conference: http://www.mylot.com/w/discussions/2502338.aspx
@debrakcarey (19924)
video of interview with an investigator who says the tax exempt foundations are changing education towards a socialist agenda. http://www.mylot.com/w/discussions/2500045.aspx
@carmelanirel (20979)
I couldn't view a video, can you explain more?
Now I am curious, what did the board member say or do? Don't leave me hanging...(By the way, I don't think my son has Spanish in his textbook, even if it did, I wouldn't know any cuss words in it, how are parents suppose to fight that? Take Spanish? No thanks, if I learn a language, Spanish would not be it...)
@debrakcarey (19924)
The video ends with that remark from the audience. The board sat quietly listening up until the one asked her to watch her language. One member looked very concerned, the one who asked her to watch her language had a smug look. The book itself was in English, there were phrases in Spanish used within the main text. Apparently, the mother (anglo) knew enough Spanish to know the Spanish word for the F word, hopefully she had to look it up! And didn't know it first hand.
Wow, I'd really love to know what happened after that...
@KrauseHome (35514)
I think personally anymore it is up to the parents of the School kids to be proactive and know what their children are being taught and learning. I know many times I have heard stories like this, and it makes you wonder "huh?" Ok no wonder there are problems out there in the world today. But seriously, can't we get back to the basics and leave this other garbage for when they are old enough to choose?
@debrakcarey (19924)
The liberal say they are for choice, but they want to be the ones choosing. And you are right, parents need to monitor and speak up if they feel something is wrong. So many don't want to be perceived as 'crazy' and remain docile. I'm not made that way. We are fortunate that not to much liberal thought has made it to our textbooks and our teachers are all pretty conservative. The school board too. Its one reason I moved back here (I was born in Chicago but spent much of my childhood here) these people are scots/irish stock and those values of hard work, trust in God, and family first are deep here.
@KrauseHome (35514)
Thanks for the Best Response my friend. Remember as we get closer to the last days this is more of the signs we will continue to see and only Pray for God to open more eyes.
@debrakcarey (19924)
You're welcome and you are so right!
@coffeebreak (17820)
I am so glad my kids are grown! Only time you'll ever hear me say that! I loved my kids little...still love them but you get the picture. I fought teachers quite a few times when they were in school and I "won" every time, and just got a bad "taste" for teachers. But good grief...if they are taught anything about the US history...this is what they are taught! Very very sad!
@debrakcarey (19924)
I homeschooled for most of my kids education. I got quite the rep as a 'crazy' when I had to put them in public school. I'm the same way about my grandkids, got upset with a coach over telling my 12 year old granddaughter with asthma that she was out of shape cause she stopped to catch her breath during a track meet! And then told her she needed to join the basketball team when she already does track & field and cheerleading and volleyball!!
@coffeebreak (17820)
I am glad my kids never got interested in sports. That is back when they started being all about the massive competition and favortisim to the better players and all that. In 3rd grade, my son had issues with his ankles and had to wear in-shoe braces. Each year I'd tell the teacher, nurse and principle about it and give them note from doctor etc. He also had to wear a contact lense in one eye which prohibited him for certain thingsjust cause if it fell out, it was lost and even if found, he couldn't put it back in. Anyway....he comes home in such pain in his legs and ankles he was actually crying! I asked why and he told me that the teacher had made them run off the campus, down this very busy street the school was on and down to the first intersection and back again. I asked why didn't they run around the grass field instead of the hard concrete. He didn't know. I asked the teacher the next day why she had him run like that when she knew about his disability and she just said she was strying to keep them interested and not get bored by running the field, and she said she just had them run the length of the street from the school to the first intersection. I asked who was the supervision. She said just her, she ran in the back to watch the kids all running in front and told them to stop at the intersection until she got there. I went immediately to the principle, replayed the story and he was really mad about her taking them off shcool grounds without him knowing about it and for that reason...he says "that is why we have a nice grassy field!". Anyway, she got in trouble for it. Next time she saw me she told me that it was my fault that she is now not allowed to do interesting things for the kids in pe class, and they are only allowed to do the boring usual stuff and they kids are not liking pe class...cause of me. I said, well... I'd be willing to bet that if you told the parents what you had done, they'd all be right her thanking me for their child's safety. Thank goodness it was near the end of the year and he didn't have her the following year!
@debrakcarey (19924)
It is very obvious that some teachers should NOT be teachers. You should have reported her for lecturing you about it as well. I guess I am a pit bull in that respect... Good for you you stuck up for your boy!!
@Rollo1 (16685)
• Boston, Massachusetts
You can't get into that site without a membership. But I got the video on youtube. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcegwz17Zb0 I love the distinguished gentleman who tells her to watch her language in an open meeting because there are young people there. Younger than the third graders who are taught from the text? These books exist only to incite race wars, hatred and a destruction of the melting pot culture that our long history of immigration has built. This destroys society, not poverty or capitalism - this instruction to hate is what is destroying America.
@debrakcarey (19924)
They're TEXTBOOKS...the kids have NO CHOICE in the matter, that is what is so upsetting.
• Israel
The only choice is to pay for private school. That will help a few kids, but the kids of parents who can't come up with 5-15 thousand extra dollars a year per child are out of luck. I blame the dam liberals who hate America and want to turn it into a communistic country.
@debrakcarey (19924)
And what about all those children whose parents cannot afford private school?
@TheCatLady (4695)
• Israel
I registered for the site. Hope to hear that video soon. Listening to another one right now.
@debrakcarey (19924)
I believe Rollo found a link to it at youtube