They lasted a long time

@bunnybon7 (37971)
Holiday, Florida
My flips that is. Its coming warm weather and time for flip flops or sandals again. Ive had this one pair of gold like and brown ones for 5yrs or so. I tend not to buy till I need again, you know. The other day, I was walking through the house and geesh, one bottom just fell right off Good thing I wasnt walking to fast or I might have fallen. not good at my age. Ever have this happen? Pretty weird. Ive had them come loose at the top between toes but never this. heres a picture if it will let me load it.
@adnileb (5035)
I had that same case too. Well, before, I gathered all my flops and sandals from apartment to our home. They're old but still in condition as I know. So, one weekend, I went home and used one of them. I still managed to have a few walks and loving it because it sounds like I'm wearing a high-heeled sandals when all of a sudden, the sole just split up. I think it's still good if I will put some glue on it. Try it too. It saves money.
LOL! I have had that happen as well. I have tried gluing them, and it worked for a little while. One day the glue decided to let loose while I was in the middle of the store, and I had to limp out of the store trying very hard not to look quite as ridiculous as I felt.
@bunnybon7 (37971)
• Holiday, Florida
you know, i just saw a commercial about some glue tape that works great. and i thought, cripes, i shouldnt have thrown them away. guess im not saving as much as i thought.
@adnileb (5035)
Yikes! You threw them?? you could have saved m0ney.
@dragon54u (31635)
That made me smile! To find another person so like myself... My flips were worn out, too, after 4 years. They were so thin that I could feel the ground through them--I only wear them outside, I'm barefoot in the house. The last time I visited with my SIL she gave me a new pair. She buys things on sale and bought about 10 pair of flips a couple years ago at 25ยข each!! So now I have two pair, which will last me for about 8-10 years. Hooray!
@bunnybon7 (37971)
• Holiday, Florida
you are so cool my friend. wow. 25 cents each. sometimes they have them at the 99 cent store but those dont last long usually. these i had was 5 bucks i think from a boutique like store in florida. so thats about 1 buck a yr. ones im wearing now was bought by middle son last birthday for me. so thats good.
Hi there ladies. Don't know if either of you have Old Navy near you but very often they have them for 2 for $1.00 in all styles and colors.
Hi bunnybon Wow sadly they still looked like they would have held on longer. Guess material is not what it use to be, huh? lol I have not had this happen to me but have had the toe part snap, several times actually. Something about flip flops now they just are not made sturdy enough, I wonder if they do this to get us to keep buying new ones. I have often worn flip flops and wondered if I should have an extra pair in my purse in case they snap.
@bunnybon7 (37971)
• Holiday, Florida
yes. isnt this another silly discussion this morning from 3am? it'll teach me huh? yes, the whole top of the broke one stayed on. just the bottom under came off. id never had that happen before. so it was a new thing to me. like you said, ive only had the toe part come out.
@mtdewgurl74 (18118)
I have a pair of slides that the bottom just came loose on both shoes I was walking in the house then they came loose, I am figuring the damp weather made them do that since it has been so damp and rainy out where I live. They are easy fixed if I can get some Rhino glue. But they are new like and I only wore them a few times.
@bunnybon7 (37971)
• Holiday, Florida
yes, id fix them. wish id thought of that before this discussion. wish i hadnt thrown mine out.
@mtdewgurl74 (18118)
Well, there is always next time.. I guess.
Did you see the recent Navy commercial? They are or had a sale on flip flops and the commercial had the flip flops row after row of them making a dress. Too cute! I have had flip flops that last years and others that barely last the season. THis year my daughter and I got a pair of Betula sandals.
@bunnybon7 (37971)
• Holiday, Florida
thats cute. now i wish id watched commercials at times. i have a habit tho of just fastforwarding on my dvr
I think so. All bright and summery colors. My daughter has the DVR downstairs so I have never even used one.
@gabs8513 (48715)
Well Bunny I have had mine for 4 years now and I love them so I am hoping that they will last longer as I can not find the same ones so I guess they are not sold any more I have been lucky though for that not to happen, the worse that has happened was when a Heel came of my shoes lucky enough I did not fall either
@bunnybon7 (37971)
• Holiday, Florida
so since this discussion, its been said that you can repair them . wish id thought of it.
@jazel_juan (15767)
i am like you bunny, i also do not know one till i need one again, lol. i was using this babydoll shoes to the office and to anywhere i go, it is so comfortable that i love them so much..till just last sunday i part was already peeking and i had it repaired lol..i cannot afford to buy one yet...so i did had it repaired! but my hubby said i need to go buy one so i wont be using that all the time... oh well i did go buy on..but its a second hand one.. one of those ukay ukay stores here
@bunnybon7 (37971)
• Holiday, Florida
thats another good place to find really nice sandles sometimes. second hand.
@margeryann (1848)
I'm like that too.If I like a pair of shoes a lot, I won't get a new pair of shoes until something goes bad with them.I'm glad that you weren't away from your house and had to walk a while before getting back home.I'm glad that you didn't get hurt!
@bunnybon7 (37971)
• Holiday, Florida
thanks margery. now ive discovered during this discussion. i could have glued them why i didnt think of it i dont know. but threw them out now
@CatsandDogs (13964)
Oh yeah, I've had that happen to me and it was so funny too. I was staying with my parents while my husband went to Korea for a year and mom had an old old pair of shoes that she put by the back door so I started to wear them when I needed to go outside to feed the 'gang' that she had at the time. She called them the community shoes. LOL I don't know why she called them that. She and I were the only one's wearing them. One day I had them on and the shoes couldn't hold up any longer and the whole bottom came apart. It was hillarious! Mom and I got a good laugh from that. So I put a pair of flip flops, not the inbetween the toes type but with two straps across the front. I wore them but she couldn't unless they had a back on them because she'd walk right out of them. LOL
@bunnybon7 (37971)
• Holiday, Florida
yes, im the same as your mom. once my employer bought me a very expensive pair of sandals with no back that was really supposed to be comfortable on the feet. but because they had no toe holds in the front, just straps across the toes, i couldnt wear them cause every time, id just walk right out of them.
@catdla1 (6005)
Time for a new pair! LOL. Or, maybe you can try fixing them with rubber cement? Isn't that always the way? Just when shoes (or flip-flops) get really, really comfortable, they fall apart! I usually stock up at the end of the year when they are marked way down.
@bunnybon7 (37971)
• Holiday, Florida
i should do that. stock up at the end of summer. now i know i should have repaired them but never realised it till this discussion. sadly id already tossed them.
@insulin (2483)
I have three pair of new flipflops and I love using them since the quality is good and it's not that really warm to walk during the summer time.I have them for 5 months now and so that it's still in good condition.I have the brown,black and gray.It's really cute and heavy duty sandals!
@bunnybon7 (37971)
• Holiday, Florida
sounds like you are set for summer then.
I have two favorite pairs of "flip-flops" or sandals or whatever you want to call them - one black pair and one while pair. They are extremely comfortable, and they look good as well. I can wear them with almost anything from a tank top and shorts to a skirt and top - not that I really wear skirts all that often but they are sometimes more comfortable in hot weather. About the only thing I can't wear these sandals with are things that are really dressy ... well, I suppose that I could wear them, but they would look a little silly. I have had them for many years, and I am afraid that one of these days they will wear out, so I have started looking for their replacements. Unfortunately, they do not make these particular styles any more, so I guess that I will just have to keep looking and hope that I find something somewhat decent before they wear out completely.
@bunnybon7 (37971)
• Holiday, Florida
sounds great. yes, they've lasted you a good while. hopefully you can find some back ups to keep on hand.
@yoyo1198 (3643)
Hi, Bon....Looks like you got your money's worth out of them though. I can't wear flip-flops because they are so hard on the legs and ankles. Since the hip surgeries, I have to wear a good support shoe. Even when I did occasionally wear the flops, the strap between my toes rubbed blisters. I recently saw some crochet patterns where the flip-flop straps can be crocheted on to make them look dressy. Have you seen any like that?
@bunnybon7 (37971)
• Holiday, Florida
oh that would be so cool. i should do a search to see them. it might be a nice change.
@jaiho2009 (39001)
hello bunny, I don't wear flip flops dear,i always wear one with heels. And can you imagine one heels took off (hahahaha) Imagine it's a 4 inches heels
@bunnybon7 (37971)
• Holiday, Florida
oh goodness. thats really tough. i remember it happening to me a couple times when i was way younger. i dont wear them now but it was sad when one broke then.
@gjax57 (897)
no I never had this happen but YIKES i THINK TIME FOR A NEW PAIR OF FLIP FLOPS...I love to wear crocs myself, talk about comfort they are AWESOME lol
@bunnybon7 (37971)
• Holiday, Florida
arent crocs similar to flips? now ive went to another pair of flips my other son sent me for birthday last year. they are pink and white tho and dont match much. they have Betty Boop on them, cause he knew i like her.