It's A Confession

@erikmama (12934)
You all will remeber me telling you about the roomate who stole my MP3 player... Well, she called me today and began talking about finding something, so I nonchalantly asked is she "dound" my MP3 player. She said yes, her boyfriend had it. She said that he saw his folder in the room I rented the day I left so she took it. Now the MP3 player was taken before this, and I did not have his folder, but I already knew so I just listened. She said oh i'll get it back for you and continued on with another conversation llik it was okay!! I finally gave her a piece of my mind. She didn't like it at all, but who cares? I am ok because I know karma will get her back. There isn't much I can do about it that won't get me into a lot of trouble. So does it make it better if a person "confesses" to their crime? What would you have done in this situation?
Hi erikmama! If I was in that situation, I would just act plainly that as if it was really found by her boyfriend and act as if I am very happy that it was found. But do not trust them anymore. Better yet, lock your room and do not trust anyone to just get in and out of your room.
@erikmama (12934)
Hello jamzy! Luckily I was able to move out so I do not have to deal with this girl or her boyfriend anymore!! I do not like people who will take something from me and who also lie which she does both of. But she will have something happen to her a lot worse in the future because I am a firm believer in karma!!
@gabs8513 (48764)
Hi Erikmama To be honest I would have waited till she gave it back to me then told her that she is not welcome at my place any more, that I do not want to talk to her no more as a Friend does not do this, then showed her the Door for good
@erikmama (12934)
If there were a chance of me egetting it back thern I would have, but I know that will never happen as he is already saying he lost it. Plus she knew he stole it in the first place. She may have even done it! But karma will get herm,, so it is all ok.
It could have been better if she confessed and apologized for it. It is better to accept what happened if she at least apologized and did not act nonchalant. I personally would have not told her what I felt. I am not really do not like confrontations. I would just have avoided her and not be associated with that person. If she apologized, I would have accepted it but it will not bring back the friendship and trust that has been broken
@erikmama (12934)
I am not sure if it would have been better or not. I do not liek confrontation either but I also am not going to let someone run over me or pretend that I like you when I don't, which I did have to odo at the time that I lived at here house. I would not be this girl's friend ever again.
@sid556 (31006)
Hi Erikmama, I do agree with you on the whole karma thing. What comes around really does come back around. Do you think there is a chance that her boyfriend actually took it? Is there even a slight chance that she will have the good conscience to return it to you at least? If you are 100% sure that she stole it from you then it is good that you spoke up at least rather than letting her think that her lies work.
@erikmama (12934)
I'm sure that she took it for him, but since he was not there, she was able to use him as an excuse. No, she isn't going to return it. I let her know that it wasn't cool and that she could lose my number. My friends would not do that to me. I think it is low dow that you can't trust anyone these days.
@sid556 (31006)
Oh that is low! I guess she doesn't value her friends too very much now does she? There are trustworthy people still around but sadly there are way too many people like her that make it hard to just trust anyone.
@bounce58 (17524)
Yes it was a confession! And yes I would prefer that she admit to it, even if it was in some sort of lame-a55 way. And I'm glad that you gave her a piece of your mind. To let her know that you knew about it, and what she did is not 'okay'! Even if she said that it wasn't her, and it was her boyfriend.
@erikmama (12934)
It was definitly lame and laying it on someone else. But I already knew they had taken it. I feel that I a m a good judge of character and based on her reaction to it when I asked her told me everything that I needed to know. I did tell her about herself and she will get what is coming to her in time.