investment

@pro_ojha (601)
now a days investment is not a simple work its become a art. It'is very important to chose right investment tools.i started this discussion to increase the knowlege of investment in myloters. my question is that, how many investment tools do you know.And according to you what is the best investment tools
• Chennai, India
The question of investing comes only if we have spare money. So, if I were having spare money, I would invest in diversified plans. I mean, I'll use 20% of my spare money in Mutual funds and Stocks. I'll keep major portion on Fixed Deposits or Term Deposits, like 50% of my money. Out of the remaining 30%, I'll have liquid cash of about 15%. The balance 15%, I'll try out new things like any business, or Forex or something lucrative. Tools, so far I know nothing.
@umabharti (3976)
i invested in shares and it never rises to get them sold off and be in profit., what should i do ?i am not doing any intraday trading,just i invested thats it, do u knw anything about term deposits of sbi.
• Chennai, India
At the time I invested, SBI were offering 10% p.a. on 1000 days term deposit. Now, it's 9.5% I think. (For senior citizens, it's little more.) If you are entering into stock market, I'd advise that instead of going for shares, initially you should start with Mutual funds. Once you get some idea, you can go for investment on shares. (Not more than Rs.5000 in one lot. Gradually you can increase this limit.)
@pro_ojha (601)
hahahahah its nice to see all of your comments, most of you all talking about bank and share. But now a days there are many investment options are available , they are secure and offer good return. Some of good instrument are follwing. BANK - FDR, RD POST OFFICE - RD, KVP, MIS ,FDR PPF INSURANCE SHARE MUTUAL FUND - EQUITY, DEBT, COMPANY DEPOSIT COMMODITY FOREX You should blend these options according to your goal, risk capacity and your need