problem with monitor

@kanchan10 (3414)
Kolkata, India
my monitor has become reddish for the last few days.there are lot of red and i can't control that.i have tried to reduce that through menu option but no improvement. it is an CRT monitor
@Zer0Stats (1316)
Check the display cable!Maybe its loosen up.If that doesn't work then you need to get a technician for that.
@kanchan10 (3414)
• Kolkata, India
i don't know any thing about this.what is the display cable.if you could clarify,it will be of great help. anyways thanks for your concern
@Zer0Stats (1316)
The cable which is running out through your monitor to your system.
Ah.. i see. Try to check the cable connection. Move it or adjusting it. Also try using the Degauss in the monitors button menu. Just press the menu then find the degauss option.
Additions. try also change the facing of your monitor. Turn it left or turn it right and check if there is changes in color. Sometimes when you twist the position of your CRT monitor the red or pinkish color appears. Just my opinion.
@kanchan10 (3414)
• Kolkata, India
thanks for your concern and suggestion.i think the is beyond this and needs some specialist attention. accordingly i have already contacted my mechanic. hope he resolves the problem and get me out of this
@cuttyrish (2663)
try showing your monitor to the technician. i have an old crt before and it showings line, i tried shaking it or patting it and the lines disappeared, but it keeps repeating. bring it to the technician, if it can't be fixed, it should be replaced.
@kanchan10 (3414)
• Kolkata, India
i think that is the only remedy i have because the technician is asking for a huge amount to correct the problem and i think i would be prudent to replace it after all it is now six years old. anyways thanks for your concern happy mylotting
@hanuma34 (821)
I do not have very deep knowledge in this matter. But with my experience with my TV which had a problem with display when the picture used to roll up or down the repair man had to change an IC which controlled this feature. I am afraid, therefore, you have to get your monitor attended to by a technician.
@kanchan10 (3414)
• Kolkata, India
i have already contacted a hardware mechanic regarding this problem but they are so busy that i was told he will not be available within two days. anyways hope he corrects the problem and make my monitor ok thanks for your suggestion
@asliah (11148)
hi, problem in monitor sometimes not only base on the settings but also inside of the monitor,those parts and some components inside.like mine,the problem now is in the LCD and i need to change it to new LCD screen.
@makatas (1101)
• Greece
It will need to be repaired from a qualified technician. It might not be worth the money spent, though.