Kids. Eczema.

My son has infantile eczema. He's 4. Everything brings him out in an itchy rash. I have recently switched to a non bio wash powder but even his bubble bath irritates his skin. He can't go on the beach for long because the sand gives him a rash. He asked for a temporary tattoo last weekend and after 10 minutes I had to get the alcohol out to remove it because it made him itch. Any mums whose kids have eczema? Advice appreciated!
@bounce58 (17550)
I'm no expert, and I came here to this discussion to get some tips too. I think my son is also having some eczema, he is 5. I noticed a circular, rash-like mark on his should a couple of weeks ago. And until now it hasn't disappeared. I've been putting Cetaphil lotion on it after he takes a bath, but it doesn't seem to be working.
Honey if it is a circular red rash it might be ringworm, take him to the doctor. Ringworm is a fungal infection and easily treated by highly contagious. I used top work as a nursery nurse before I was a mum
Typed too fast! I'll try that again typing and paying attention: If it is a circular red rash, it may be ringworm. A fungal infection. Easily treated. I used to work as a nursery nurse, before I was a mum!
@bounce58 (17550)
Shows you what a Dad knows... Thanks for the tip!
@Savvynlady (3686)
Hello there are two things that can help. the person before me stated Shea butter. I agree. If you can get 100% pure shea butter, that should be a yellowish hard butter but once you rub it, you'll see the oil and apply it to the skin, I promise you he won't get irritated. a friend of mine has her own shea butter company. she's a one woman show meaning small business and she does the mixing, the packaging and shipping ALL by herself so it takes time but she's good. www.tkoskin.com and tell her crawford sent you if you choose to go that route. also Avon Moisture Therapy lotions are great for those with eczema and psoriasis as well and I have a website that you can go and order it. I hope this helps.
I have used shea butter before, I was told it was good for preventing stretchmarks during pregnancy. It worked (I only wish I'd thought to put it up top as well as on my tummy!) I will try it on my boy though, thank you!
@jameygc (453)
Well, my father has psoriasis that is something similar and my little son he suffer of allergies on the skin a lot. I recently made a search and made some interesting articles about natural products we can use on the skin. There are some great resources you can use with your child. The best one is the Shea Butter. Don't buy a cream or any other product with a base of shea butter. You should buy the unrefined one. This butter is made in Africa, is completely natural and not only can treat the eczema but leaves a beautiful skin. It doesn't has colorants or any scent. You should make a search in internet and you are going to find such great information about it. In You Tube are good videos about the precedence of shea butter and how it is made. I hope this information help your little child. If you need more information or are interested in read my article just send me a private. :)
@nezavisima (7419)
• Bulgaria
I think that you should take it to a specialist.Because even if you use products that have no chemicals that will not help you there.Only a doctor can give you instructionsand also tell you what is best for your son. I wish you to quickly remove this eczema and everything is prosperous. Have a nice day!