Have You Ever Worn Anything Back To Front Or Inside Out & Not Realised?

@Janey1966 (24127)
Carlisle, England
Mum does this all the time, especially with skirts! She wore one inside out to work and was like that practically all day before she realised..and she was at home by the time she did! I once wore my leotard/swimming costume back to front and realised when I got into the pool for a swimming lesson from school. I was mortified of course and no way was I attempting to swim letting my baps hang out in all their glory, so I got out the pool and changed it around again. The leotard was in a maroon colour and I can tell you my face was the same shade as I hurriedly ran to the changing-rooms! Mum once told me she had a pair of corduroy trousers that had seams in the wrong place, therefore they would move around at the bottom and flap about her ankles, nearly tripping her up. She vowed that the next pair she bought weren't like that as she's quite accident-prone anyway..she didn't need any encouragement! So, has this ever happened to you? Wore something that was back-to-front all day and no-one noticed..until you took the thing off at night? How about inside-out? Ever done that?
@original8 (108)
• Belgium
I had that. Couple of times yes, my mom says it brings goodluck, lets hope so :) But it happens to everyone and especially when you have to hurry up with dressing :)
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Brings luck, eh? I should do it more often!
@GreenMoo (11842)
I can't think of back to front or insides out instances, but I went around at work all day once with a big glob of baby poo on my scarf. i'd changed the baby immediately before work, and it must have dangled down and got dirty then. All day I'd been able to smell something bad but couldn't work out what it was. And the worst thing was that nobody told me!
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
I agree with you, it is worse people not letting you know. I'd prefer to be told as well!
@p1kef1sh (45642)
I recall visiting an Army friend who had six children. When I got there he had just finished changing the youngest's nappy. Whilst we chatted he started making peanut butter sandwiches for the children. Absentmindedly he popped a dropped piece of crunchy peanut butter off the work surface into his mouth. I bet that you are ahead of me now..... Not a good taste I should imagine. I didn't have a sandwich!!!
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
@p1kef1sh (45642)
You can call me Goody Two Shoes but i truly don't think that i have ever gone out wearing something inside out. I have heard of people delibetately wearing their underwear inside out when they have none clean. Yuk!! I hate to see labels sticking out too and nearly always have to say something! LOL.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Wearing undies inside out...er, how naff. I won't mention it to hubby otherwise he'll be turning his boxer shorts inside out. Makes me feel sick thinking about it. I hate seeing labels sticking out as well.
@p1kef1sh (45642)
Makes me feel sick too!!
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
hi Janey I have never done those things, but one morning I was in a real hurry as I had to shop and then go to have physical therapy at one am so dressed in skirt and blouse. I met several people who all grinned and said good morning. I wondered why the grins. so I got into the Trader Joes mall and a lady in a Rolls royce stopped me and motioned to me 'to come to the driver's window. "dear your skirt hem in caught in the top of your panties. turn around I can undo it for you." she did so and I thanked her profusely.I know my face was crimson. so I was giving the pedestrians I had passed a whole show from my backside. I wondered why nobody else had the guts and the kindness to tell me the truth. I thought that woman in the Rolls was a very kind person to tell me what nobody else would.a lesson in haste makes for an embarrassing situaton indeed.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Aww Hatley I'm the same as you..I'd much rather know about these things than people being too embarrassed to say anything. I've done that in a nightclub a couple of times but never outside..at least, I don't think so at any rate!
Ahh this brings me back about thirty years ago. A boy whom I like and whom I thought liked me too was standing in front of me raising the flag with the whole school faced with his zipper open. At that time I did not want to embarass him by telling him before the flag raising ceremony and now I think I had been the cruelest person ever.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
That happened to me once when I came out of the toilets at Manchester Airport and realised about 5 minutes in that it was a bit breezy where my jeans zip goes. When I looked down I realised why!
@Suzieqmom (2763)
I have done it with shirts, especially turtlenecks. More often, I put on mismatched socks by mistake (one navy, one black). I even did it once with a pair of shoes--I had 2 pair of the same shoe, one in black, one in dark brown, and wore one of each to work one day!
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Haha! Oh dear, I shouldn't laugh really should I? It is funny though.
@Suzieqmom (2763)
It's ok--I laughed too! That's what happens when you get dressed at 5:00 am!
@dawnald (84133)
• Shingle Springs, California
Oh no, never. That's my story and I'm sticking to it...
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
I'll take that as a "yes" then lol.
@dawnald (84133)
• Shingle Springs, California
@ElicBxn (60692)
I was told one day at work (when I still had a job at the state) that my shirt was on inside out... but my excuse was that I was getting dressed in the dark...
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
@KrauseHome (34764)
There have been times that this has happened for me, and it can be quite embarrassing. I have even wore something that way and had someone else notice and have to tell me which was even worse. I think sometimes that we get so much in a hurry, or so tired when we put something on that we fail to notice if it is inside out until it is almost too late.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
To be honest, Tina, I'd prefer it if someone told me that I had something on inside out or back to front. Guess I'm old-fashioned in that way lol.
@Sandra1952 (6052)
• Spain
Hello, Janey. Last summer, I bought a strapless top, with elastication at the top and bottom to preserve decency. The first time I wore it, I didn't feel at all secure - every time I moved, I felt as if it was going to drop down and expose my boobies. They're not exactly enormous, but I still don't want half of the people on the Costa Blanca getting an eyeful. I decided not to wear it again, even though I really liked it. About three weeks after I bought it, I went back to the same shop, just to check if all of them were like that, or if I'd just been unlucky. That was when I found out that I'd been wearing my top upside down. The bit that was supposed to go around the hips had less elastication, and it wasn't so deep, which was why my boobs were making an escape bid every time I moved.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Awww, Sandra, you're hilarious! That's so funny and Mum liked it too..thanks.
@SViswan (12072)
Oh yes, I've done the back-to-front AND inside-out together last week....and I didn't notice till it was time for my bedtime routine. Fortunately I was home all day though I had plans to go out which got cancelled. I've fortunately not had any major 'malfunctions' when I've gone out because my boys are quite observant (esp. the little one) and look out for me before I step out :-) A couple of times they've pointed out that I've got a skirt or a blouse the wrong way.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Haha! It's easily done isn't it, especially if we're in a rush!
Oh yes i think i have done this a couple of times in my life. Most usually because I was too busy to notice or in my younger days, I was too drunk to figure out whats the wrong and the right side. There were times when I felt so ashamed of it and times also when I just laughed at it.Well luckily i didnt commit this mistake while I was having a date cause that would really be a big hit! Lol (^_^)
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Dont laugh , but do this every once in a while I will put on my underwear inside out and then I wont realize it until I go to the restroom later that night. I thingk its because some of my underwear look the same inside and out and there are no tags on the inside and sometimes I guess I am just moving so fast that I never really pay any attention.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
No tags? Now, that's unusual, especially for underwear. Easily done I suppose!
@elitess (5072)
• Ipswich, England
Hello Janey. Yes this happens often with socks or the underskirt in my case, at least they are not visible to all people.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Very true.
I was at work once wearing a turtle neck sweater. I had wore it a few times and could not understand why I was uncomfortable. I spent the whole day tugging at the neck area and could not understand why I was so uncomfortable. I actually wanted to go home because I felt so uncomfortable, but dealt with it the entire day. When I got home, my boyfriend gave me a hug and then immediately said, your shirt is backwards. I said what! He pulled on the front of my turtle neck and sure enough I had the tag in front. Only reason he noticed was because as he hugged me the two pearl buttons were on the back and they belonged in the front. I had a laugh and it was then I realized where the uncomfortable feeling came from.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Awww, poor you and I can imagine why you felt so uncomfortable..er, all day lol.
@cher913 (25893)
yes i have, fortunately not out in public though. i must have been in a hurry that day! my kids pointed it out to me. lol!
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
@reploid (1239)
• France
I wore a tshirt inside out once, and only realized it was inside out, when it was time to remove it. unfortunately.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Oh dear!
@RawBill1 (8542)
• Gold Coast, Australia
I actually did this with a polo shirt earlier this year. I had gotten up early as usual and dressed in the dark. Nothing unusual there, but for some reason this particular day, I did not notice that my shirt was on inside out until I was down the street at the ATM in full public!
yeah, i guess everyone has at least once in their life will experience something like this. It happened to me one morening when I suddenly woke yo and needed to rush outside. So in my hurry i didn't noticed my shirt was wornbackwards and inside out! XD