Another hospital trip with my daughter!

I wrote last week about my daughter trying to do a handstand on her bedroom windowsill and hurting herself. I thought maybe she would have learned something from this, but NO. Last night, I heard a crash, then she came downstairs screaming, with her brother close behind. She couldn't get the words out, she was so terrified - but after a few moments she managed to tell me to look at her back. I took off her pyjama top and there was blood running down her back, which on investigation, I found was coming from the back of her head - I couldn't see the wound through her hair, but the blood was flowing, so while her daddy tried to clean her up a bit, I called my mum to take us to the hospital. I put her in one of my shirts as it was easier to get that over her head without it brushing the wound. The nurse washed some of the blood from her hair to find the cut, and the bleeding stopped, but it started again while we were waiting to see the doctor. After the doctor cut away a patch of her hair, the nurse applied pressure until the bleeding stopped, then glued it. I had to get my mum to take over; I couldn't look. I'm usually ok with these things, but not when its one of my babies. So what had happened? Well, she tried to hang upside down from her curtain rail. The curtain rail came away from the wall, and she fell head first onto the radiator underneath. This child is going to give me heart failure, I swear...
@cher913 (25895)
you didnt mention how old she is but hopefully she will grow out of it. my girls were not like that but i had a friend who had a son like your daughter, always getting into scrapes but now he is 18 and quite a young man.
She is 5, she'll be 6 in August. She shares a room with her 4 year old brother and I'm sure they encourage each other to do silly things. As soon as my baby girl is old enough I'll move the girls in together, I really need to seperate the older 2!