second person perspective

Calgary, Alberta
I think most of us have experienced reading books made it in first person perspective, in other words home in the protagonists point of view,I like this is style of writing because I felt like the Protagonist is talking to me Telling me his or her story. Then there's also the third person perspective and this is the most traditional way of of storytelling. I kinda wonder why most writers wearily use the second person perspective In this a style of narration the protagonist is you, yes to the reader. Im wondering why writers rarely used this style. I remember I enjoy a book series titled choose your own adventure, in this book series the reader is the protagonist. Do you know any novels written in this style?
I've read a few second-person books I think, but they kind of weirded me out. I don't like it when the protagonist is supposedly me since I seem to see myself doing things I wouldn't normally do... (even in those choose-your-own-adventure books. It always seems like I don't have as much control over the story as they'd like me to believe I do.) Oh... and I'm also almost always male. I think it's not written often because it's not very popular. I know I don't like novels written in the second person. I don't feel like I know many people who do.
• Calgary, Alberta
Writers rarely used this style because it's really hard to pull off, and I think writers of second person perspective type of novels shall make a character's gender neutral, so it's much more for their readers to adapt
Gender-neutral, and almost everything neutral. They're pretty bland (and still doing things I wouldn't do). I don't think it's necessarily hard to pull off... just not very popular. I don't know too many people who actually enjoy second-person novels. Of course, I don't know everybody in the world... but it's still not something I hear being in demand at all.
• Calgary, Alberta
It has a small market and it's hard to execute so that's one of the reason why it's kind of Rare. On the other hand songs are usually rated in second person perspective the most While we rarely see third person perspective kind of songs
No unforunately I havent read any second person books. I usually like first person stories. I like imagining myself being in the story. Those are the best.
• Calgary, Alberta
What I love about first person is that we see the story through the eyes of the character and he feels like he or she is talking to us sharing his or her experiences and adventures