Sick of facebook/family drama

My cousins pretty much ignore me. Fine by me, you know, they don't care so why should I. 2 of my 8 cousins even refused my friend requests. That's ok, they don't want any part of my life, so whatever. I have 6 cousins who are on my facebook. 2 distant and 4 local (ish). They don't talk to me online but whatever I say in my facebook is relayed to my nan within minutes. When I jokingly changed my relationship status to married, my mum had a call within the hour asking if I'd secretly got married. When my daughter had an accident and went to the emergency room, though my cousins (all except one) failed to ask me how my daughter was, it was instantly reported to my grandmother who called my mother for information. Its nice that they take an interest but whats wrong with talking to me about it?
@kingparker (9698)
I don't know, people just weird after I read your discussion above. What is wrong to ask and accept your cousin as a friend in facebook. I don't have such problem, and I also have such cousin exist in my family. They don't talk to me, it is fine by me. They thought they are better than me, it is fine by me too. I won't care about those people too. I live my life, and they live theirs. Don't bother me in the near future.
@besthope44 (12145)
Hi Marianne, I really understand how FB has impacted on us. Its really we cannot type any status by wrong as there are people to find out the truth. I understand how you feel, not sure FB has so much impact on family/relatives as well.
@yoyo1198 (3643)
I would surmise that facebook has created more family problems than it has solved since its inception. Have you considered just 'unjoining'? I did. I think facebook is a time waster and has far too lax security. I didn't care about the whole world being able to see personal information.
@cream97 (29167)
Hi. marianne87. So, your cousins would rather not accept your friend request, but yet they want to know what is going on in your life! If your cousins are running back and telling your personal business to your mom and grandmother, then why can't they just ask you themselves instead of just spreading your business out there without consulting with you first. I tell you, family members can be very weird relatives!
@Bryanx54 (644)
If there trying to cause a row with you online on Facebook this is pretty much pathetic whoever it is, if they was mature about it they wouldn't be so ignorant, if i was you i'll just ignore them back or even block them if the going gets worse.
Its funny the way families are. I have family like that. They dont chat or participate in anything when I am online except for somethings that may seem juicy to them. If i post a status about me being tire of working they dont have anything to say, but if I post something saying I hate fake people or people that are not real then they all of a sudden have something to say. I think they are just only trying to be nosy. And as far as going behind your back I think they should call you first, it was your post but thats how families are instead of talking to the actual person they talk to someone they think they can get some extra gossip from or someone they think will talk about you behind your back too.
@lajonez (478)
• Poland
some people they have nothing to do with them life so they would like to live other people's life, that's why they're making it which obviously is stupid and can be annoying, but if they do so ask them once to stop or delate them from friends