I felt so funny picking out an outfit..

Adrian took me to buy a outfit yesterday. My pants were like three sizes too big. so,he was telling me to find some shorts. I wanted him to pick them out so I could see what he likes. LOL he picked these nice shorts that came to my knees. I picked some shorter ones and we all laughed. My mother said sharon, no pick those ones and he was laughing. He would never buy me those short ones. I changed my pants in the store and felt so good. He is taking me shopping next week. And again before he leaves for Down south in July..I am not use to a man buying me clothes so I felt really funny. Like am I spending too much. he said I have to stop being that way.
@carolscash (9500)
If the two of you are in a committed relationship, then it is perfectly fine for him to buy you clothes. However, he should buy you what you like and not want he wants you to wear. Your clothes should be your choice- not his!
I will be picking out all my clothes next time. he said he will give me the money and let me shop for myself.
@bunnybon7 (37460)
• Holiday, Florida
wonderful. i know what you mean. my last hubby was the first to take me shopping to buy me clothes. we was going to Vegas for our fifth date and i told him i couldnt go cause i had nothing nice to wear. he took me and picked out beautiful dresses and undies and shorts outfits. 600 bucks worth of stuff. it was wonderful. this was way before we married.
WOW!!! that was real nice of your hubby. i can't wait to get that from adrian..
I know what you are saying here as I am the same way. I am always wondering why my boyfriend is so nice to me. We have to stop that, I mean we do not have to take advantage by any means we just need to realized that we do deserve to be loved. So by what he said definitely means just that. You deserved to be loved and cared for, even if it is just clothing. Sit back and enjoy and thank him nicely. A nice dinner also works for me all the time. lol
This is how he feels to the tee..
@cream97 (29166)
I am like this too. When a woman has gotten so used to taking care of herself, it feels strange to her when her man buys her clothing. I know how you are feeling. My husband bought me a pair of pants, shirt and sandals this month. Every lady that he asked about my outfit said that it looked good. They also thought that the pants went with my shirt well, but it did not. I tried the clothes on at home, and the pants did not look too hot on me at all. I don't like to ask my husband for money and when he shops for clothes for me, I like to be with him, so that he does not pick out the wrong size. If he is going to be generous to me, I do want him to buy something for me that is the correct size, because if it isn't, I don't want him to think that I am trying to hurt his feelings.
I think is was nice of your hubby to buy you clothes too. I am sure he loved doing it for you. One day soon I hope to be married too.
@6928961 (111)
You have a very good way of life!
@stephcjh (32327)
I am the same way. I am very hard to fit in clothes. I hardly ever buy any because of that. I hate spending money on myself butmy husband wants me to do it more often. We both work hard so we both deserve it.
It is funny how men pick out things we might not choose for ourselves. Husband#3 liked to pick my clothes and I was really rather nicely surprised. I was really looking good thanks to him. Men really do have good taste. Gives a person a whole new look and feel about themselves.
@Jessi_T (380)
Lol I am the one always buying the shorts that are more carpi's and come to below my knees. My husband is always picking out much shorter shorts for me, and I hate my legs so I do not let him pick out my shorts just for that reason. You should let him spend spend spend. I wish my husband would spend spend spend on me without complaining complaining complaining. I have got to go back to work. Every dime from our businesses goes back into the businesses and taxes he wont give me any of his money and I have no fun money to play or shop with. =(
@adnileb (5035)
That was really kind of Adrian. He is a good man. Hope you two will have a really happy ending. *hugs*
hi giftsandbagscom good for you you are doing something for you for a change. I bet the shorts are cute too. I always feel funny when my husband or my mom would take me shopping and pay for the things I bought. I think we are afraid we will spend too much and our benefactors will be upset with us. sounds to me like you all had a great time too.i am glad you have found a nice guy. you sound so much happier now. wow.
@QeeGood (1214)
• Sweden
He sounds like he is a caring loving man. Wanting to be generous towards you. Enjoy it as a much as you can. I have never experience anything like it, myself. I wish you good time and a happy life.
@bretay61 (723)
Maybe he just wants to get you some of those long shorts he wanted to begin with.lol.Just kidding.Have fun shopping.