My neighbor is the best ever..

I ordered a laptop from ebay for my neighbor. She paid the money and it was shipped and left at my front door. She had just called me to ask the man about it being it was 5 days already. Then I get a call back she got it from in front of my house door. She could have taken that computer and said she never got it. I would than have to repay her. I think she is the best neighbor one could have. You know I ordered a coat and it was stolen from in front of my door. The company resent me a new one. But,you can't really be sure the days. I hate the post office leaving my stuff like that.
She deserves your kind friendship. Wow I am always happy to hear of the many wonderful and honest neighbors/friends. What a sweetie and you are right! I know people like that and sad too, because it causes so much hardships on others. I am so happy to hear that she and you are such good friends. Now teach her how to work online and have her sign up to myLot under you so we can all love her too.
I forgot to mention that maybe you can put a sign/paper saying do not leave packages. Only because you may not be lucky all the time and the fed ex/postal workers at times do not think about such things and I remember the coat incident you had and luckily because it would have been so sad not to get the replacement.
I will be sure to do this when I am getting another package. Thanks and have a great weekend.
@cream97 (29169)
That is very nice that your neighbor has looked out for you so nicely. You are right, someone else would have received the laptop and tell you that they never have gotten it. People can be very dirty these days. Tell me about it! She is a great neighbor to look out for you like she has. Last week, a package came for my husband. I did not answer the front door because I thought that there was someone at the door that was just coming over to annoy me. So, I did not open up my door. Well, the UPS or Fed X guy dropped off the box on my doorstep. It was there for almost, 4 to 5 hours on my doorstep without me knowing it. It was a Boost Mobile Blackberry replacement cell phone that was inside of the box. We have people of two different races that lives out here and I am so glad that no one stole this package. Or anyone else that was just walking by or passing through.
My daughter would love to have this phone. I am also glad you received it safe.
@Jessi_T (380)
My mail lady leaves our mail in whichever vehicle that is at home and leaves a note in the box that usually says "package in the..............." but that is because we live in a very small place. I won a few things that required shipping off of Listia. They only took CC I really get tired of that set up, but somethings I want, so am left without a choice. I also ordered a custom made dog bed for my toy chihuahua and sent CC or thought I did but my dear stepdaughter tore open all the envelopes with CC and pocketed it and it was the same day I sent the check for my water bill so she tore that up. =( I found this out when I walked into the store one afternoon and was informed by the lady at the water dept. "Jessi you know your bill is late hon?" Om no but that is the thing about small towns. Fortunately every one was very understanding and I got their money sent to them very late but better then never and my water payed before I had to pay a reconnect fee and risk having it shut off. I think it's great your neighbor was honest about getting her laptop. We need more honest people in the world. =)
It is sad to know people are this wicked in real life. Take care and welcome to mylot...
The post office will not leave packages outside the door here. They will sometimes put something between the screen and door. UPS and FedEx do though. Post office leaves a note and either I have to go pick it up or wait until it comes back around on the route. It is good that you are dealing with honest people
They will surely leave a package here. I am also glad she is honest.
@asliah (11149)
hi, that kind of neighbor is really nice and if i have that kind i am so thankful too because it so nice to have such a good neighbor that have concern to you with any awaiting recognition with what they do.
@daeckardt (6245)
You would think that if something was valuable, that they would require a signature before leaving the item at the door. It is all too likely that people would see something and decide that they wanted it and then it would be gone. I would complain to the post office about the item not being signed for since it obviously was worth a good deal of money.
@gloryacam (5546)
It's nice to have good people for neighbors. Makes you feel safe. Is she the one who offered the lobsters?
@stephcjh (32328)
I hate that too. I hate it when they drop it off and they do not even bother to knock or anything when I am home also. I'm glad that you have an honest neighbor.
I don't like it either. We have been getting alot of packages lately and we are leaving the end of next week and will be gone for four days. The items that were back orders could come while we are gone. I hope that my neighbor watching for anything that might come will be enough. I am glad you finally have a good neighbor.
@himzey (1321)
Hi GnB ! I guess your neighbor is the star of the day. Well most of the people would have gone for it, but your neighbor remained honest with you. Its really rare to have such people around you, since you mentioned the incident about your coat. She seems to be a fine lady, and after all this, I hope she wont stand in front of her mirror and say, "damn, what the hell was i thinking ?"...lolz :p
@yoyo1198 (3644)
Good for the neighbor and for you. We don't have that kind of problem in my neighborhood. I think if I lived where packages and/or mail was being stolen, I'd have the delivery service(s) call me before delivery or send a notification for me to come and pick them up. When I first moved here in '09, I was ordering all kinds of things for delivery and never did have a problem with getting what was ordered. I would be some mad for sure. It's sad that we live in a world now where we even have to worry about something like this. I wouldn't have given it a second thought and here you have to deal with it all of the time. Can you not get the delivery service to call ahead?
@ravisivan (14055)
Normally laptops are sent through couriers. Courier people normally tap the door and then leave it at the doorsteps. But sometimes courier packages comes when people are not there in the house. Then they have to leave. This has been custom and practice and I think it works. Very rarely they get stolen. Otherwise they will not be continuing with the same practice. In fact I found three packets of courier material lying at the stair case door here in the block where we are staying. Now it is not there. May be people living in first floor (one above ground floor--I think here u call it second floor) would have taken it. Whenever we order something to be received in courier we have to stay in and collect. have a good day.
hi cats our post office here will not leave the package by your front door, instead they leave a message that you can pic k it up at your post office or check that you will be home when it comes around to be redelivered. but ups is bad that way . they have left packages pon top of our air conditioner when we were still in our own aparment. of course we had a redwood fenced in area around our front door so anyone would have to come open the gate to our fence before they could see we had a package. so we never really lost one but ups at times left our package at the next door neighbor's by mistake.WE had three apartments with separatre patios fenced in so our neighbor on one side was 60 A , we were 60 B and the other neighbor was 60 C.