Mind wondering at night...

Sometimes when it is time for bed my mind can't stop wondering about stuff. I sometimes think my mind does not want me to go to sleep. I don't like wondering like this either. I don't feel too good about myself when this happens. I have not said this to anyone in my real life either. It is something I would not want people to know about me..
@Nadinest1 (2040)
I have my best ideas and thoughts just before I go to sleep, it seems. I could write poetry during the last few minutes of wakefulness....I should write it down sometime. On the other hand, when I can't sleep....I get thinking depressing things....things that my husband did or said to piss me off....frustrated with the kids etc and etc...on and on it goes. The next morning though, things usually are looking ok again. So, why do we think these ways before sleep or in the middle of the night?? Hmmmm.
@lelin1123 (15644)
• Puerto Rico
Sweetheart you are not alone with this. When you lay your head to the pillow your mind can't shut down. That happens to me from time to time. In fact it just happened last night. I finally fell asleep after laying there for at least an hour. Many people have this problem. You have to try a warm bath or shower. Also they say not to be on the computer right before bedtime because the computer stimulates your brain to much and doesn't help you relax. Maybe reading or listing to soft music will help. For me it came on last night because I was thinking of something and couldn't get it out of my brain. I then said my prayers and was able to fall asleep. Hope you can sleep better tonight.
I think it's normal...when you finally lay down and try to relax, all you can think about is things that either need to be done-or things that have been done and can't be changed. People always wonder, "what if I had..." or "I might do...". But then it's on to the next thing to wonder about and before you know it you have thought about a million things but going to sleep.
My mind is forever in a muddle come the middle of the night and sometimes I find it very difficult to sleep as a result of this. There are the worries and the dreams and the goals that I never seem able to achieve! Have you tried having a hot mug of milk just before retiring for the night? This somehow seems to do the trick for me! If it's not a hot mug of milk then it's definitely a hot mug of horlicks! Haven't you seen those horlicks adverts on the television?. The mind is a tricky thing to understand, I don't bother I just leave it up to the scientists! Well, I really wish you well and hope that your mind no longer wonders as much! Sleep tight. Andrew
@Polly1 (12648)
I think this happens to all of us at times. When it happens, pray yourself to sleep. Just start praying, say the Lord's Prayer, after that start praying for anybody and everybody, hopefully soon you will then drift off to sleep. Thats what I do when I can't shut off my mind. Good luck Gifts, Sweet Dreams....
@sender621 (14956)
I can always seem to find my mind wandering at night. Many ideas will roam through my head. i think of all of the events of the day and those to come. daydreaming about something i would like to do or to have are a pleasant distraction.
@manya_pearl (1905)
Hello giftsandbagscom... a very unique name, friend! However I also proud that you are ready to open up your self about the matter that you dont want people to know about you. The good thing that you join this website, this is more than like facebook and other social networking sites... This is website where you open up yourself without any worries, anyway, we dont know each other, all we know we are here to share ideas where we can be freed from any seriousness in life, to be relax and having more friends without attachment where you have to meet or to go... :) Im a thinking person, just like you. i can think anytime, anywhere, even with anyone. They talk, I do talk with myself, sometimes i can relate to them because I was thinking about something that is not related to my group discussion. Ahaha... Especially about thinking before sleeping. I do thinking what happened today, what was the thing I did wrong, what happened with the people i met today? Did I say something that hurts someone? Did I make a wrong decision? Yeah, maybe that will trigger hating ourselves. But that's just our mind...People may be will not feel the same what we are thinking, and that's the reality. The tips I can give you : Before go to sleep, I just pray to God to leave all the things that passed already. Today become yesterday, and tomorrow is another day. Let Him give us another great and wonderful day tomorrow. Hopefully this may help. God bless you and forgive everything and everybody today so tomorrow, you have a new beginning.
The mylot is just the place where people have heart-to-heart talk.It seems that you are a person that troubles about everything.In fact,You needn't take everything seriously.You might as well do some other things before going to bed so you may take your mind off annoying things.
THey say if you watch tv or exercise in anyway before bed you won't be able to relax and sleep. Or with the wondering thoughts just of everyday life it is hard to relax. My mom taught to relax my body by starting with toes and telling them to relax and moving all the way up the body. I never made it to my head. lol
@yoyo1198 (3643)
Looks like there are a few of us still up for whatever reasons. When I lay down at sleeptime and my mind starts wandering, I usually say my prayers and sometimes will drift off as I relax. If I last beyond the prayers, I put a CD into the player, usually a classical like Beethoven or something like Ray Lynch. Then I make my mind follow the music and picture whatever scenes the music evokes in my head. This usually works and I rarely hear the CD beyond the second or third track. Some people can read and get sleepy immediately but I have to use the classical music.
With so much going on how can you help your mind from wondering all the time. I too, especially today had so much going on, I had to go and lay down because my head started to pound from all the thinking. Glad you can come on here and vent and get some things off your mind. Hope you have a better night so that tomorrow things look up a bit.
@durgabala (1362)
this happens to me too, and yesterday night i couldn't sleep properly due to lot of thinking about something which was not very clear when i got up. we feel tired and want to sleep more. i think this happens during a heavy days work.
I know the feeling. Every time I try and settle down for the night, my mind starts wandering allover the place.
@bretay61 (723)
My mind wanders a lot at night when I go to bed also.Sometimes that's when I do my best thinking though.It takes a long time for me to go to sleep.I have all kinds of stuff going through my head.