Have you dropped a Clanger lately?!

Omagh, Northern Ireland
I've heard of this term,"Dropping a Clanger" before,and if it's new to you,it's synonymous with making a mistake,fouling things up,etc.. I had never gotten around to working out or investigating it's origin,it always sounded like someone maybe had dropped a bell out of clumsiness or something and the noise was the Clanger part..apparently not..a TV magazine show on the countryside of England was in Bedfordshire for the episode I caught some of earlier this evening..the "Clanger" is apparently a traditional bedfordshire pastry item,along the lines of another well known Brit one,(?) the Cornish Pasty..both items apparently originated as a packed lunch for workers,whether in fields or down Mines maybe a century or more ago..what was interesting was that the Clanger had a double filling..one part of it was savory,the other was sweet,intended to be a dessert section of it! Dropping a clanger,then,referred to accidentally breaking one of these things,and ruining one's Lunch by mixing up the different sections..Must have been an occupational hazard,then,if a saying grew up around it.. So...Got any more sayings that might have a bit of a story behind them that might not be so obvious at first glance?!
@ElicBxn (60443)
I've heard of pasties, from the Cat Who books, and some where I heard about the double filled ones, but I don't remember if I remember that's what they were called.
• Omagh, Northern Ireland
The Pasty (Pasties!) would probably be the better known,and if there's other regional variations out there I don't know about- Sorry! There was something in my mind about these double filled items,but I can't be sure if the cornish pasty was one of them or not..all I know is,the concept is still around,and they're available to buy in the chilled or frozen pies section of nearly every supermarket here...but they're just the savoury versions that are available!
@ElicBxn (60443)
really... only thing we have are "pot pies" and I can't eat them... They sound interesting, but I guess I'll never know, since they aren't something we have around these parts...