You had to be there.

@megamatt (14329)
Whenever, I'm telling a story to people, I realize how hard it is to explain to a person that was not there. It is just one of those things that are so insane and so wacky, that you really did have to be there to get the full scope of what happened. It does sound like a good story to share, but often times, I find myself struggling to tell it, because its hard to get the full scope of what happened. Its something that you have to experience.
@sanijas83 (271)
• Latvia
It is not easy to explain the events what happened in someone's life if others have not witnessed them. One might say - I wish you were there, then you could understand now, and I would not have to try to explain. Maybe the other person would not be able to imagine the way something actually happened after hearing the story. Of course, common experience makes people closer to one another.
@megamatt (14329)
I do really feel that way a lot of the time. I do wish that a lot of the people could be there to witness it a bit more closely. That way they could share the experience. There is only so much that you can convey on a second hand basis. You can give them a general idea of what happened, but at the same time, you really cannot just get the full picture. Only a really general idea, where a lot cannot be properly communicated. It is one of those things that you really did in fact have to be there. Thanks for responding. Its appreciated. Have a nice day.
YEAH!!! When I try to tell really funny incident I just can't help it and giggle while I retell the story and the people who are like, whooot? , they don't get anything I say!
@megamatt (14329)
Yeah, its really a bit problematic when I'm laughing at remembering it and it is really hard when I really cannot explain the full circumstances. There are times where there are a lot of times where a lot of times where things get lost in translation when the story is told. You do tend to really lose a lot of the story, trying to tell it to a person that is not there. It is just one of those things where you have to be there and really no explanation that can really get the full depth. Thanks for responding. Its appreciated. Have a nice day.
Yeah, me too. Cool stories tend to sound lame when I was the one telling it, haha! I guess there are just those scenarios that words can't express. :)
@megamatt (14329)
For sure, there are a lot of times where it does sound a lot better in my head. When I try to tell it, it does really seem to be a lot less than it is. Most likely its because I am trying to explain something that really cannot be explained all that well. At least that is just the impression that I have got when I start telling a story and a lot of times, I lose a lot of people. It does lose an awfully lot in the transition. Thanks for responding. Its appreciated. Have a nice day.