My daughter called me upset about her friend.

Her friend was kicked out by her mother who beat her in the face with a broom. She contacted kk on facebook and kk let me read what she wrote. Her post made kk so sad she asked if she could stay with her. I said yes and adrian went to the bus stop to pick her up and her three bags. She has been with us for over a week now. So,the other day adrian gave her ad kk money. The girl went to Mount vernon where her and kk's friends live and she stayed there two nights. She never called kk and now she just called and said I am coming for my stuff. No call was made to let kk know she was sleeping out. She never said thank you for taking me in and feeding me. I can't believe she could behave in this fashion after we looked out for her. I even bought her tampons the day before yesterday. I could have saved my money. I am hurt for kk.
@ptower76 (1618)
There is usually a reason someone becomes estranged from their family. This is a good lesson for KK. I hope she learned that people will stoop to manipulating family and friends to further their personal agendas. Next time KK will think twice before allowing a so called "friend" to invade the sanctuary that is her home. I don't know how old kk's friend was, but if she was underage, taking her in was the wrong thing to do and could have caused your family trouble. If she was not underage, there was probably a reason why the mother felt she had to hit her with a broom. That individual will most likely seek KK when things get rough in Mount Vernon. Hope KK learned her lesson well.
She is 18 years old. She told kk she does not have a way to mount vernon and she feels stuck out where I live. kk told her this before she came to us. Mount vernon is the hood and port chester is not and the child can't be there and be content.
@ptower76 (1618)
Can this be part of the reason the child had problems with her mom in the first place? Seems to me a stable and peaceful place like port chester is what the child needs. If she is not content with that, I say good riddance. Thank your stars, you did your part for only the cost of a few dollars, a couple of meals, and a box of tampons. lol. You and KK came out lucky in my opinion.
@sid556 (31003)
Are you talking of the Mount Vernon where that murder happened a couple of years ago? If so, I always thought of that place as a rather small and quiet community and not the hood at all. That murder was just shocking. Regardless, there are those types of people in every community no matter where you are. I think Ptower is right. I have taken a couple of young people under my wing who claim that the parents are mean and abusive only to find that they just don't want to follow rules. I don't fall for it anymore. I'll direct them to dcyf or the police if they really feel they are being abused but they aren't staying with me. We got really burnt by letting kids like this stay with us. Still, my girls would get angry when I'd put my foot down. One kid that I let stay with me, stole my car and cost me all sorts of money. Another one was breaking into houses and had stashed some stuff in my place. When I caught on and got him busted, he threatened me. One thing they all had in common was that they"needed a place to stay and that their parents were mean and kicking them out for no reason". Well...that wasn't so true.
Wow never fails to help someone in this type of situation and instead of being appreciative they continue their wrong path and pattern. Just know you did what you would hope someone did for you KK if this was on the reverse and simply let KK know that the friend is not a caring and appreciative one. She should feel good she tried to help and do explain that sometimes no matter what you do people will at times do the reverse.
I just told her to let it go and not worry about it. she said the girl stayed at some boys house out here. so I told kk she can't come back later when she is kicked out of his house.
@Nadinest1 (2040)
Maybe you could talk to your daughter about this....so someday you daughter will see that manners are a big this in life. Talk to the friend, the next time you see her...tell her how hurt you both were with her not even saying thank you etc and etc. The girl might learn from you talking to here about consideration, thankfulness and just plain manners.
Some people's kids! I would be hurt too. Live and learn about people I guess. I just can't believe how some people act. It is sad because it really shows that parents don't do their job in teaching their kids manners and polite behavior. It is really a sign of the times. Maybe you showing her some nice behavior will help.
First and foremost, you have a very compassionate daughter, you raised her well. Most of the time, children of abuse, like KK's friend have no clear idea on how to behave around people who actually care. They become calloused by the hardships they've had that they tend to treat the people who care about them and the people who hurt them almost the same way, which is needless to say, not fair. Hurt as you are by how your daughter's friend repaid your family's goodness, I still think your family did the right thing.
This is a very sad scenario. First of all I hope her mother was arrested! You have a heart of gold for doing what you did. I hope the poor girl gets the help she needs. Have authorities been contacted? There are plenty of places that will help her to get on the right track. Good Luck.
@whateva (786)
Argh insensitive and thankless people!! I can't imagine acting like that girl in such situation! but hey, your daughter is very kind.
@ebuscat (5949)
For me yes because they feel insult by suggesting her about that friend matter.
@lilybug (21148)
I feel bad for your daughter. It sounds like her friend took advantage of her kindness. I think KK needs to find some better friends. Ones who will appreciate her kindness, but not take advantage of it.
these are the type of 'friends' that you do not want in your life. tell your daughter, she is lucky that her 'friend' is moving out already and that she showed her true colors early on. it is not your lost or that of your daughter. move on and say good riddance to that 'friend'!!!