I got back $35.75

I went shopping with kk last night. I went home and something said check my receipt. I saw I was charged $10 for tow bottles of body wash for Adrian. I said now I am out $3.00. So I had Adrian run me back to the store. He said you want $3 and I said yes he then said I will give you $3.00 so I said you can give me $3 but I still want the $3 the store owes me. When I get there to customer service they found they owed me $35.75. I took my money back to the car to show Adrian he could not believe it. Would you have gone back for the $3?
@stary1 (6622)
I am not sure I understand. The store owed you $3 but you received an extra $32.75? Was it in your account as a credit or something like that?? I don't know if I would go back for the $3..it depends. If the store is far away I would burn more gas going than what I would get back. If the store was close by, maybe I would.
No the sale item was not rung on my receipt and so I went back. But it turned out I was owed more than three bucks.
This just goes to show that it is important to save and check over your receipts. Soounds like their cashier is not very skilled.
Yes I would go back because my thinking is that if I did not have 25 more cents for my purchase they would not give me the purchase. Besides my money is not easy to come by so yes I would go back and lucky for you that they way overcharged and you got back way more. lol
Your right they would not let you go.
@Tina30219 (34117)
• Onaway, Michigan
Wow heck yeah I would have went back for $3.00 That is great you got that much back.
I thought my bill was kind of high..
Yes, I would have gone back for the three dollars, and one of the stores I go to would have actually given me the product for free due to their mistake. They would be glad about it because then they would not end up making other people mad. I am glad they went through and corrected what must have been some really big mistakes.
I am glad I am not the only one who would like to get back $3.00
@Nadinest1 (2040)
I probably wouldn't have gone back to the store right then.....because it is 1/2 hour drive for me.....but the next time I went to that store(next week), I would have taken my receipt to customer service. Lucky you!!!!
I am a few blocks away but I normally don't stay at my home and that makes me #0 minutes away..
@kingparker (9698)
Wow, are you trying to tell us, that you suppose get back $3.00, but it turns out to be $35.00 what they give you back? That is a fortunate return of money though. I definitely would do the same. Well, you have this luck, but I don't though. I hope that you can make good use of that money.
My bill did seem a bit high that day $155.00
@KrauseHome (35035)
Wow!! You thought they only owed you $3 and it turned out to be $35.75. That would be a nice reason to have went back to the store. I know from time to time I have caught mistakes and had to go back, but never anything this good.
I would go back to the store if I was owed money. I would be curious as to how you actually got the $35.75. That is quite a difference between that and $3. I take stuff back to Walmart all the time. I love that they don't challenge you on any reason you have for bringing stuff back.
@Jessi_T (380)
No, I wouldn't go back to a store just to get $3 because I wouldn't want to waste time or gasoline on a trip. It's good that you were able to go back though and they did find that much of a mistake. Wonder how that happen? Someone must of not been paying attention at all.
@cream97 (29169)
Hi. giftsandbagscom. Yes, I would have went back to the store if I was owed, $3.00. It turns out that you have received, $35.75 instead. Wow! That is truly a blessing! I know that you were so happy to receive money that the store mistakenly gave to you. I wonder how did the store manager feel to give you back your money that they owed you? I know that they must have been ashamed. It is good that they were very honest with you. Enjoy your, $35.75!
@carolscash (9500)
I am not sure that I would go back to the store for $3 as I live farther away from the stores, but I would have taken my receipt back when I went again. I thiank that it is great that you got that much money back and I know that the trip proved to be successful for you. I bet Adrian was thrilled!!
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
Yes most definitely I would have. I have gone back for less. Its our hard earned money and we should not have to pay more for something that was not registered correctly. That is great that they really owed you the $35.75. If you hadn't gone back I bet someone would have pocketed that money.
No i probably wouldn't have gone back, but i would have gone back in if i was still at the shops when i noticed. I can't believe that the error could be so high! I hardly ever check my dockets or remember the exact prices, i would know if i was over charged that much if i didn't buy a whole trolley full of stuff.
Yes I would go back for $3 but my husband would have the same reaction with Adrian. And I'd probably be too tired to go back but I still would. This kind of attitude really pays off sometimes. We don't have to let go of money just because it's a small amount. There will be no $50 if you don't have a $1. So every penny counts for me. And good that you went back for it.
@sid556 (31005)
I would have gone back in for it for sure. I struggle to get by and I shop for deals. Some items I pick up only because of the sale price. I always kind of keep a mental tab of what I'm spending when I am in the store anyway so if it is way higher than what I figured, that's a red flag. I won't hold up the line questioning it but I will move away and check my reciept. Sometimes I'll go out to my car and check it over. Walmart especially does this....charges full price for a sale item or a clearance item. Actually just today, I was in there and they had a bunch of items for 75% off. Many of the items were marked with the 75% discount price. There was some makeup and it had no price other than 75%off. So when I got to the register, I asked the clerk to tell me the sale price as I was unsure if I wanted it or not. She rang it up at 21.99!! I said, 21.99 at 75% off? She said "yes". I said that's just crazy and it can't be right. She insisted it was so I just said forget it.
@stephcjh (32328)
I'm glad you got your money back. I would not have made a special trip fo the $3 though. We live far away from stores is why. I would have towait until I went back again the next time but I would call them and let them kow what happened so they will expect me when I get there again.