"Don't Panic! Don't Panic!"

@Janey1966 (24127)
Carlisle, England
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR6wok7g7do Mr Jones used to say this all the time in the hit comedy "Dad's Army" and they're still repeating it now after all these years. You'd think they'd come up with something new on the BBC by now but I guess the new stuff isn't funny. Anyway..I digress. You may remember me going on about a light bulb that exploded in the bathroom (since replaced) and you know these things come in 3's right? Well, I experienced the second incident so I'm now dreading what the third one may be! I'd actually had a good day..managed to go out, got back and waited for the courier to come and pick up my parcel with 63 CDs in it..then I could hoover up with my Dyson DC04. Now, in the living-room we have a recliner that matches the rest of the leather suite. It's plugged into the mains with it's little remote control and curly lead. The curly lead was on the floor..you know what's coming.. My Dyson hoovered up the curly lead as I wasn't concentrating fully on what I was doing! I decided NOT to panic. I turned the Dyson off immediately and unplugged it at the mains. There was a distinct "burning" smell but no smoke, so that was reassuring!! Haha! Anyway, I do know how to take the front off the Dyson as I once rang them up regarding my belt coming off so I proceeded to take a 2p coin and turn the three plastic "screws" anti-clockwise in order to take the front plastic bit off. This enabled me to get at the roller. Fortunately, the curly wire was intact and I could take it out of the roller without any bother. I was relieved about this as it was attached to the remote which, in turn could not be taken off the wire, so the fact the wire came out smoothly was an added bonus. After putting the Dyson back together again I half expected it to blow up, rather like the light bulb (knowing my luck with electrics lately) but, amazingly, it worked a treat and I was able to carry on hoovering to my heart's content. Still wondering what incident number 3 is gonna be though!
We are SO thinking about something else when vacuuming, dont we? Im happy you managed to get it all out without any damage.....phew!! Bad things DO come in 3's dont they......why isnt it the same with good things or when or rather "IF" we win money?
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
I've managed to get through the day without falling down the stairs, banging my head, electrocuting or burning myself. This is a result!
I breathe freely.The electricity is no joking matter,the slightest mistake is liable to cause accidents.Fortunately,your hoover is still in good condition.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Dyson DC04 - Dyson DC04 like mine!
My Dyson DC04 is made of bomb-proof heavy plastic so it's fine. Here is a pic for your perusal and yes, it IS as heavy as it looks due to all the tools on board!
Oh gosh am really glad the hoover did not blow as it could have been a really scarier moment then the light bulb incident. The video was hilarious, but might I add that, you not think about number 3 and carry on with your home, lol Last thing you need is any form of incident, though I must admit that I too am a skeptic and for some odd reason have experienced the 3 moments.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Nothing to report so far but the day is young! Haha!
hi Janey I watched it and was a little amused but not much as all I could understand was don't panic . lol was the light bulb that exploded one of those screwy ones? I can imagine that was really scary.oh my gosh the curly lead that sounds scary.so you got the dyson apart and got the curly leadout safely and that was good. then your dyson worked okay. so fat so good, maybe the last thing will be something really simple like dropping your favorite cup and having it shatter but nothing really dangerous. lol lol lol.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Thanks for that Hatley! Nothing to report so far..erm, the bulb was of a standard design but not a screwy but a push and twist one lol. I'm so relieved about my Dyson not blowing up. It is one of the heavier ones that looks like it is made of bomb-proof material i.e. thick plastic. Mum still has her original DC01 bought in 1998. A guy called round to replace loads of parts on it and when I saw it last week I went, "Wow, it looks brand new!" Even Debbie's jaw dropped (friend of ours) and she has had 4 Dysons to Mum's one and she's the type of person to replace something when it stops, not to get it repaired. The look on her face when I wheeled it in was priceless. Silly me didn't take a photo of it but I will next time!