My daughter will be so happy.

This weekend Adrian is taking the day to spend with her. He will put money in her pocket,take her for her driving lesson. She has been begging for all winter. Taking her out to eat and only god knows what else. I an wondering if I should stay home and let them have the day to themselves.. He made me so happy yesterday and he does not even know it. He was talking to someone about kk and called her his daughter. Then one day kk was asking him for money and she said daddy do you have $5.00. My friend told me what she said I was not there. I said nothing to either of them. Should I have?
You say something now. Never too late. Sounds like they are getting along swimmingly. I would see how the day goes as to whether you go along with them or not. Maybe they should have some time to themselves. Who knows. If either of them felt the least bit uncomfortable or if they wanted you to go they would say something. Wouldn't they?
They have gone driving without me a few times. But never having a day out to eat and take driving lessons. She will have no problem going alone and neither would he. I just want to se her drive. But,want to let them go to eat so they can talk alone..
Well, it sounds like this would be good for both of them. It is great they have this relationship. And good for her before she goes with the job corp.
She was so happy when she drove the car. She really wanted me there too.
I would say to ask KK if she wants you along if so why not, it would be good for all of you to spend the day together. I think it is wonderful that he is referring to her as his daughter, as mothers we have an unspoken rule, a man who loves us should be able to love and or at least like our kids. Though at times step parent situations do not work out it is always wonderful to hear that a man does. As far as asking, I really don't think so because he is a grown man and if he feels it is okay to give her money then that is quite alright. He would know if it is not right as he does give your mom and you both money. So I say do not worry about it and or if it is bothering you in private, you can say that if he is uncomfortable in giving KK money then remember he is doing so out of his own will.
He gives her money all the time like me and my mother. I was asking if I should say something about her calling him dad. But,I don't want to put her on the spot like that.
No don't say anything at all, let them express the love for family freely. She is a big girl so if she does it is coming out of free will, and not because she is tricked like small children into it.
I understand and would never want that to happen. Thanks
No, I don't think that you should have said anything to them about the conversation that you were given the information on. Then as far as the day out, I think that you should stay home and let the two of them have the day to themselves. Since you have a relationship with Adrian, it is very important that your daughter also be able to have a relationship with him. That is one of the ways that you will be able to make your relationship stronger.
She wanted me to go so I had to be there. It was wonderful seeing her drive like that. I have missed seeing you around. I hope everything is well with you. take care.
@stephcjh (32328)
I think that is great that they are starting to build a relationship like that. I'm not sure if I would have said anything or not. I think I would just be very happy about it.
I agree with this thanks a lot.
• Marion, Kansas
You do not need to say anything, it might make them both self conscious. It is great that they are getting along so well. It may be something KK has needed in her life.
Yes,I fel she was in need of a father figure for sure. Now she has one.
@carolscash (9501)
That is great that they are getting along and very important to your relationship with him. You have to put your daughter before any man and if the man in your life can't get along with her then you really can't make a relationship work with him. I had this issue with my daughter and my husband when we first met, but he loved her and she loved him.
Because of her nasty ways when she first got with her boyfriend Adrain could not stand to be around her. He did not say it but his actions showed it. We had a talk and he said he does not like the way she treats me. I told him not to judge her and hold anything against her. also told him I can't be in a relationship with any man who hated my child. Over time kk came around and she is doing so much better. She talks to him about stuff and it makes me feel great. Her going away three hours will be fine. he told me he would take me to go see her.
hi giftsandbagscom I am so happy for you.Adrian sounds like a very nice guy and I think your daughter thinks so too. It time you had a really great man in your life that would love your daughter as much as you do.Way to go Gifts, way to go. be happy you sure do deserve it too. all for you.good luck and God Bless. hatley here.
I just told him how he is the perfect person for me. Thanks Hatley for the sweet response.