A tablespoon of vinegar helps in curing cough.

Vinegar - just to be safe, I chose this super plain vinegar so to avoid conflicts that I may promote a certain brand. lol
A co-worker of my mom called her earlier. Just to check on her. My mom is showing symptoms that she'll be having a cough and colds. Her co worker advised her to take a tablespoon of vinegar. Ten minutes after their conversation. My mom called just to check on me. I've had fever for 2 days already plus cough and colds, too. Unpredictable weather is the culprit. She gave me the same advice from her co-worker. Firmly told me that I will take a tablespoon of vinegar before I go to sleep and after I wake up to help me with my coughs. I laughed of the idea but she was serious. And now, here I am. Sharing my story. Half-embarrassed by my defeat of not believing that it's a cure. LOL. I know it sounds silly but if you have a cough right now, try taking a tablespoon of vinegar... Yes, you can laugh. But soon you'll realize it's very effective. I'm halfway cured now. Made me save some money too in buying medicines.
I would like to ask if grocery vinegars are safe since these are mixed with some chemicals? Or we should just stick with apple ciders and the like?
Hi, meren. Apple cider is the most recommended one, actually. But since all I have was just plain vinegar, I took a tablespoon on it but I drank water after 2 minutes just to be safe.
Okay thanks again! Will try that tonight. =)
@_sketch_ (5709)
Vinegar is so awesome. It has so many random uses. I will use this next time I have a cough. Another great use for it is to ward of mosquitoes.
Very true, sketch. We had experience before using vinegar too as one of the ingredients in our experiment as a repellant but it left a stinky odor. LOL. We never used it again. Let's cheer for the wonders of vinegar.
@_sketch_ (5709)
No. Don't put it on you. You just drink it.
I have a bad cough right now and don't have any vinegar to take. I am loving these home treatments for such low money.
I recommend that you follow the mixture of honey, vinegar and water. In my case, I had two tablespoon of honey, 1 teaspoon of sugar and half glass of water. mix all three - It would also help if you warm them a little with constant stirring. Then you can choose to either drink a little or take it by a tablespoon. It's really a great help.
@savypat (20246)
I hope you mean to take the vinegar with water, I could never get it down all by it's self. I am going to try your cure. Thanks
Hi, savy. Yup, it was followed by water but I have to let the vinegar "feel" my throat for like 2 minutes and followed by drinking water. It's really effective.
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
Well i can believe that that does the trick. Vinegar can be used for so many different things it's not even funny what vinegar can cure. I am glad to find this out as I did not know this before, I will definitely give it a try one I find myself with a cough again. Usually it's summertime that I get my coughs and colds, the worst time of the year with it being so dry and humid. I think it helps as I believe it must burn the mucus, though it's not the tastiest thing to do it isn't the worst either! Apple cider vinegar is much worse!
@Sanitary (3969)
Does that really work? I've not came across such solutions. The best way to prevent cough is to drink lots of water or honey water. I don't think i will ever take vinegar on its own, for it's weird. I would rather pay for medication, than that. Furthermore, i don't fall sick often, and a visit to the doctor once in a blue moon, makes it a form of charity to them.