Being self aware of your own absurdity

@megamatt (14327)
It really amuses me when people who do some of the most absurd things in the world, treat it like serious business. Or do they? I wonder if they just enjoy being as out there as possible, acting like its normal, just to see how the entire world reacts. I embrace the fact that I'm not what many people would consider normal. Then again, what is considered normal does seem absurd in its own ways. People who go out of their way to conform to what is considered normal, they don't fully embrace how absurd they truly are. In the end, no one is normal, because there is no standard criteria for how human beings act. Are you a person who is self aware of whatever absurd quirks you may have?
I feel like some people are not only AWARE of how "different" they are but are actually TRYING TO BE DIFFERENT just for the sake of being different, instead of being themselves. Just to stand out and get some attention. I think we're all a little weird when it comes right down to it, though.
@megamatt (14327)
About all of us being weird when it all comes down to it. Really when you think about it, truer words have never been spoken. I mean, what is normal. Actually there is really no such thing as normal. The fact is that I think that there are people who either have weirdness that they turn up from a two or a three to about a ten or there are people that are really not comfortable with being considered to being something that society frowns upon, so they go out of their way to act "normal" in such a way that they are strange in an entirely different way. In the end, be who you want to be, don't worry about pandering to what other people are. Thanks for responding. Its appreciated. Have a nice day.
I find it a delicate balance being a little crazy and knowing it versus completely letting myself go. If we are too selfconscious of how weird we act, we tend to hold it back and fail to be ourselves. If we go too far the other way, noone could hope to understand us. It would be like we were from a different planet. But, of course, I'm a rat, so what would I know?
@megamatt (14327)
I do think that there are times where I am in fact very serious. There are times where its really time to be calm and collected and nothing out of the ordinary. Now granted, living every second pressing second of your life, where you are really in that level, does kind of do a three sixty, where you are going from one level of absurd, completely to the other. So that is just one thing to really consider. There are a lot of serious moments, where we need to act the closest thing to what may be normal as possible. If there is anything is normal. Actually normal might not be the best word. I think acting more serious would be the better word. There are situations where absurdity is really not needed. However one or the other, it just is a different kind of absurdity to act in a rational manner all of the time. Then again, mileage may vary greatly on this one, depending on the amount of people that are asked. Thanks for responding. Its appreciated. Have a nice day.