How do you feel about swingeing or open relationships.

If your mate wanted to swing or have a open relationship how would you feel. I know many who have cheated and been cheated on. So,I am wondering if he or she came to you open and honest about how they feel what would you do. If Adrian came to me and asked to have a swinging relationship I would not like that. At my age I think it would be more than I could handle. I would wish him the very best in life and leave and most likely move out of state so I would not see him again.
@ajk111 (2527)
it's not for me. if i do not satisfy my wife surely that is why we have a tv as back up? the closest i got to a swinging relationship was when i was 7 and at a playpark on the swings. she was 6 and left when i fell off and grazed my knee and started crying.
I can't believe you remember that. I can't remember that far back.
I had to share my laugh on this one ajk
@jdyrj777 (6556)
No difaNUTly not. I will not risk my life because he wants other females. Too many VD's out there some deadly and/or uncurable. I believe if a mate wants to do that they are not interested in the one they have and are slyly trying to taste the field while still having a safe place to call home.
I think you make a right choice. anyway we should loyalty to our marriage and true love.
@lelin1123 (15644)
• Puerto Rico
I'm with you there is no way I would tolerate that type of relationship, especially at my age. I would also leave him if that is what he truly wanted and wish him the best. Once you start sleeping around like that you are sleeping with all of these people who have slept with others. There are to many diseases out there and its just not something I could ever be into. I like being with one man and only one man.
I've heard of this. There are actually organizations comprising of veteran swingers here in my country. These people exchange their spouses just for fun. Stupid idea if you ask me. People are getting weirder nowadays if you ask me.
I sure hope they are using protection out there too.
I hope so.
If I was in a open relationship and my partner came to me and wanted to swing or have an open relationship I would be very shocked. I would never get into a serious and commited relationship with anyone without have talked all this out before hand. I am a man woman and would expect my husband to be a one woman man. If he wanted more I would wonder what was the problem within our own relaitonship. I know men are supposed to be with as many women as possible in the propigation side of things. But society dictates something different. I would not be comfortable with a open marriage/relationship. I would probably do the same as you.
That is nice to know. I am finally in a real relationship I would hate for this to be an issue.
Maybe you should talk to him about it and see.
Though open relationships works for some couples and I have nothing against those who do, but it is totally out of the question with me. See I would be way too selfish, I should be enough woman for MY partner, I can't speak for anyone else but NO, I will not share my man with anyone. No way around it, and he knows me by know that this is not an area I would ever explore, therefore, not as a threat, but he is well informed long before we committed to one another, that area is off limits. Therefore, he need never ask or well let's just say we would be no more. As he and I have a complete open communication and knows how I would feel about that so that would mean he does not respect me as it is not something I would ever be interested in.
Adrian was firm when he let me know he would never tolerate this kind of relationship. He said he has to give me all his love. and boy is he giving it. LOL Sometimes I want to run backwards.. I agree and am glad your so stern with it..
lol @ "I want to run backwards" Do I ever know this feeling.
@Masihi (4227)
No way, I wouldn't go near a swinging relationship even if I was offered a million bucks!!! That's basically signaling that there's issues in our marriage, so if my husband wants an open relationship, I'd pack the kids and leave, pronto. It's highly unsafe from a medical perspective, and damaging emotionally, and also eats away at the trust we have in our marriage. I've heard of couples who are in swinging relationships and they say it's okay, blahblahblah, but don't they think in the back of their mind "what if my partner leaves me?" type thing? To say the least, it's not a healthy or stable environment at all.
I could not have said it better than this. Your right on and I super agree with it. Take care..
@Nadinest1 (2040)
No, I don't think I would accept an open/swinging relationship. We have had issues in the past and I think this would not be good for us. 'Nuff said.
Hearing this and understanding it as well. Take care
@ravisivan (14055)
you are right. I agree with you. have a great day.
You have a great day too.
@lilybug (21148)
I would not be cool with an open relationship. I don't understand what the point is of being in a relationship with someone if they are not the only person you want to be in a relationship with.
I like this response thanks I think many should feel this way.
@asliah (11148)
hi, i hate this kind of relationship,an open relationship or swinging relationship,maybe because i am really a jealous kind of person that really feel that easily,so that i will not suit to that relationship,and if that will happen to me i would rather choose to separate or to stop because that would be the starting of any hindrances and fighting in a relationship.
Swinging and open relationships are not for us, but if others want to have them, that's their right, and their business.
@amitgune (877)
The only time I liked to swing was when I was less than 10 years old, in a playground. Other than that all other forms of swinging are disgusting. Make no mistake, if someone wishes to swing partners, I do not mind, just do not swing with me. I've given it up 24 years back.
@dodo19 (33623)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Personally, I don't think that there's anything wrong with opened relationships, as long as it's mutual of both partners. For some couples, this actually works. I'm not saying that I would want to be in that type of relationship, as I don't think that it's for everyone. I don't think that it's for me, but that doesn't mean that it can't work for some.
@emerillus (477)
Hi! I'll be very shocked if my man asked that to me. I'll immediately break up with him because him just thinking about that is like, maybe something is wrong with our relationship? What led him to think about that? I'll think that maybe he's not contented with me anymore so he wants another to try but get back to me someday. I'll think he's out of his mind and I would get discouraged about his behavior. In short, i totally despise that kind of relationship! Anyway, have a good day and I'm glad that your Adrian is a good man..cheers!
@mrgpk63 (444)
Well that is a Frame of Mind and some People like to Swing. That are Members of Swingers Groups. That is different than an Open Relationship. That is Choice some People make in their Life to Swing. If a Person don't Swing then He or She shouldn't be with a Non Swinger
@naija4real (1293)
I do not like the swinging or open relationship.It is not a decent kind of relationship. It is better one stay single than to engage in this kind of infidelity. I have always believed in the philosophy that says if you can not have it the way it should be then forget about it.Swingers are susceptible to sexually transmitted diseases which are becoming more rampant.
@_sketch_ (5709)
I don't think I would ever want to be in this type of relationship, but it works for some people. The problem is that sometimes one person is not truly comfortable with this, but agrees to it anyway and ends up feeling very insecure and hurt. Both individuals have to be open to it and very secure about themselves or it cannot work. Some people truly can have this type of relationship and in such case, I see no problem with it.
@stephcjh (32327)
I would not like that one bit either. I am married for a reason. I do not want to trade my husband for another man.