What are Sanath Jayasuriya and the Sri Lankan Cricket Board doing?

@amitgune (877)
Sanath Jayasuriya had been dropped from the Sri Lankan World Cup Squad. The Sri Lankan Board said that he was not in good form and that his age was also a factor, which is understandable. Now they have included him in the series. It surely is a step backwards. They should be promoting youngsters, the way India is. But the icing on the cake is that Sanath Jayasuriya has said that he shall play only one T20 match and one ODI match and then retire from all forms of cricket. Now this is amusing. Can someone tell me what is happening. So why should Jayasuriya be in the squad in the first place if he is going to play only two matches? Is it a grand farewell to a great player? Also Jayasuriya is an MP in the ruling party. Has he pressurised the Sri LAnkan Cricket Board to include him in the squad?
@anil02 (2886)
I think here is some political pressure to include Jayasuriya in Sri Lanks Squad. It is not good sportsmanship that you love a game and after playing long time say good buy and after it you have a desire to play. I think Jayasuriya have not self respect. It is also a practice in Pakistan.
@anil02 (2886)
Yes, Australia doing well in their cricket management. Team is not depend on one cricket, if Potting is not doing well they have his alternative. India is also on this line and length. Dhoni is nice captain but Raina is also doing well.
@amitgune (877)
Yes, I agree the Indian and Australian paths are the best. They have managed to build a good b-team, that none of the other countries have managed so far. It is sad that Sri Lanka with so many talented players, have to recall Sanath, whatever the reason. They are sending the wrong signals to the cricketing world.
@anil02 (2886)
Yes it is un-justice with new cricketers of Sri Lanka, but think for a while Sanath was best player of Sri Lanka. By accepting this call he is damaging his image and it is proved that he have not self respect.
yeah mate the same feeling even i am also getting.jayasurya did great things for srilanka cricket and he has been the great server for them.so he deserves a grand farewell and i think he will be given a grand farewell in this series because i dont see any other reason behind his selection because he is not in pick of the things.and he isnt playing any competitive cricket. lets see whether he gets a fabulous farewell with a ton or not. regards.:)
@moksha09 (468)
Something is seriously wrong with SL cricket. The whole scale changes in the team for the finals of the WC in Mumbai was the first sign.Then the stepping down of Sanga and Dilshan's allegations of match fixing surfaced and now this ridiculous inclusion of a retired player like Jayasurya. SriLanka cricket is suffering. Jayasurya should not play but he is going to, what can one do? Indian cricket is also going through a sudden crisis as most of its top players are injured, unfit and unavailable for national duty against the WI. They should not be allowed to walk into the team against England. I feel even Sachin is unfit or injured and is giving himself more time to recover. IPL is the real reason for the sorry state of affairs and cricket is no longer a game , its corporate business.
@amitgune (877)
I must say I agree. IPL is the reason for Indian fiasco. Cricket is now big time business. But Sri Lanka are really making a mockery of themselves. If they were planning a grand farewell for Jayasuriya, they should have done it before maybe even in the World Cup. A single match in the league state would have been good enough.
@ram_cv (16516)
Actually to me it seems to be very comical situation. First the Sri Lankan board says that Jayasurya has been added to the squad. Then he comes out and says that he will retire from all forms of the game after the 1st ODI. So it is not clear to me why was he selected in the first place. Was it to give him a swan song? I have that same feeling in my mind!! Cheers! Ram
@amitgune (877)
I agree with you. They are just making a mockery of themselves, trying to give Jayasuriya a grand farewell.
@moksha09 (468)
The Srilankan board and Jayasurya are making fools of themselves, is all I can say.
@amitgune (877)
They are acting stupid. I remember, about a decade back, there was a Pakistan Cricket team playing in which 10 of the players were either captain or former captain. Can you imagine that. This seems to be close in line to that sort of foolishness.