Should the Indian team give their bench strength a chance in the remaining ODIs?

@amitgune (877)
The second rung Indian team has already won the ODI series 3-0. A good thing usually about wrapping the series early is that the bench strength can be given a chance to play the remaining ODIs. This acclamatises them to the international arena and helps them gain valuable experience from some seniors who play alongside them. This is a wonderful approach. However should this be done in this current scenario? First India has already sent a B-Grade team to West Indies. Some of the players in the current team may never play an ODI after this series. Again, I have used the word 'may' because one never knows. Usually the bench strength is tested and reserve players are given match practice. But this team itself is a reserve team of sorts. So who do they want to give match practice to, players who may never play for India again ? Also the whole purpose of this exercise is to get the players used to the pressures of International Cricket. But what pressure are they under ? I feel the BCCI could have sent a Mumbai or a Delhi or any other team to WI and that team would have won and come back. So what kind of pressure will they feel playing a WI team which is hardly making India's B grade team sweat? Also, when the reserve players are given a chance to play in the inconsequential ODIs they learn from experience. What experience do we have there? Except for Harbhajan, none of the players there can even say that their place in the Indian team is secure. Even skipper Raina sometimes sits out (as in the World Cup for a Yuvraj Singh or a Yusuf Pathan). So whom are these players going to take the experience from. It is a good thing for S Dhawan to be playing alongside a Sehwag or a Tendulkar, but playing alongside a Parthiv Patel or a 'whoever', is hardly experience. So when skipper Raina said that we will now try the bench strength after this victory, I felt like laughing and telling him that the bench strength has already been tested. Make no mistake, I admire Raina for his talent, a lot but now I admire him even more for his sense of humour.
The remaining players should definately be given a chance considering that Team India has already wrapped up the series.. They have put in good performances and considering that most of them are new thay should be given an opportunity to show what they are capable of.. Since they have been selected why not give them a chance for a game or two.. You definately will not lose out on anything but one can gain as they will know that even if a senior player is not there for selection for whatsoever reason then they can try out the juniors who have proved themselves...
@amitgune (877)
Let's see if Idia can wrap the series 5-0 then.
@ram_cv (16516)
I thought it was already India's bench strength that is playing. With Sachin, Sehwag, Gambhir, Dhoni, Zaheer, Sreesanth all out the likes of Parthiv Patel, Badri, Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan all have got chances. So I think the only other players who can be tried out are Ashwin, Mithun and Saha. Bhajji can be rested for Ashwin. Similarly, Munaf can be rested for Mithun. Saha could play as a batsman in place of Yousuf Pathan who still seems to be hit and miss player. Cheers! Ram
@amitgune (877)
I think even Yousuf should be tried as opener or no 3, just to give him some kind of confidence. Remember Sehwag blossomed as an opener. Earlier when he used to come as a middle order batsman he was playing mediocre cricket.
surely India should give chance to the other players. India have won the series now,so there is chance for the experiments . Tiwari, Vinay kumar,Saha ,Ishant should get atleast one chance to play.
@amitgune (877)
Well, now let's see how the series unfolds. I believe the next match is today.