My daughter can drive...

I was home and she and I were talking and she was upset that I was not going to see her drive. I jumped up got in my clothes and hit the next train. My daughter can really drive a car. she needs to work on reversing and she can go get her license. Adrian sat there all calm and I was so scared thinking she would hit a car or wall. She is doing so well I can't believe she drove her friends car on the parkway. So,now I am watching for her to get a car at 18 when she gets her money...
Driving her friend's car on the parkway!? She is getting to be a big girl isn't she? Kids grow so fast and before you know it they are driving and then having their own children. And it seems like ages ago when they were small and needing us so much of the time. How things change!
That is the truth.. I am so hoping she does well and makes it to have her own kids.
Sounds like she is already doing well. Hope it lasts.
• Pamplona, Spain
Hiya gifts, Gifts that is great being able to drive like that. My Son the youngest one now drives much better than what he did he has stopped getting annoyed with everyone else and now enjoys driving. That means I am more relaxed when I go with him in his Car apart from that right Door he has that needs some three in one oil on it as it shuts only with a bang and he loses his temper for a second. (grin). The older one still drives the same way and it´s not very relaxing to go with him sometimes. He is not like that all the time but sometimes yes. Me personally I love Driving but only one of us can take the Car so it´s always Jorge who takes the Wheel in all cases.
I miss driving and adrian won't let me drive his car. He says my nerves are too bad and he can't see how I drove before. LOL
@carolscash (9504)
Maybe if she can get a job and she can get her license she won't worry about that loser boyfriend that she has in jail. Maybe she will see that she can do better on her own and maybe she will meet someone at work that will treat her right and be good to her.
This was my hope as well. Now I am just hoping she gets into job corp and leaves his eye sight altogether.
Lucky she can drive, I know people who are too scared even at 30.
I was like that but not that old.
• Marion, Kansas
There are a lot worse things she could get with that money. I hope she does well with her license.
I want the best for her and she will do great driving too. I can't believe my little girl is growing up so fast.
Wow little KK is growing up! This great news indeed. It takes time to learn all the fundamentals of safe driving and surely with time she will master reverse. She must be really excited and maybe knowing that at 18 she get a car may actually help to slow down some of her past activity. I am glad you went along and that she actually wanted you there. Kids usually do not want their mommy's there so it shows she really loves you and wanted you there. I am also glad you made the effort and went over see her driving. Hopefully with the Job Corp and now knowing how to drive KK will be maturing and gaining responsibility.
I am so happy I can't even tell you..
That's good news. Make sure you keep reminding her to drive safely. Also, since gas is so expensive, tell her to take it easy on the accelerator ha ha. Keep her safe, learning how to drive is a great step for her to learn more responsibilities. Enjoy your day. Cheers.
She has no car yet. But,next year she will be buying one for herself.
@asliah (11149)
hi, wow thats great to know that your daughter can really drive now,i wish i could also drive and get my own driver's lisence,thats so cool.i tried once but of course i bumped to the car of my father so that i am really scare to drive again.
It is a great thing to be able to drive. I got my license when I was sixteen years, one month and one day old. I had my learner's permit for the minimum amount of time that a person was required to have it and then tested for my license. I passed on the first time I took the test. The reason that it was so important for me to get my license as soon as possible was because of the fact that my mother was a single parent with three very active children. I started playing the role of taxi from the time that I got my license.
@stephcjh (32385)
That is wonderful. My daughter started driving when she was 16 years old. She lost both of her cars though because the idiot she is married to, would not help her make the payments. I am praying for the divorce soon! She is 6 months pregnant and lives with me now.
You must be proud of your daughter,she is a brave and clever girl.