I missed y'all

@gloryacam (5543)
I hope somebody noticed that I've been quiet for a week now. See, I have not given up my first job (9 am to 5 pm day job) and have started with another job (10 pm to 6 am night job) and all the other extra time, I devote to sleep. It's been a crazy week, but, amazingly, I have survived and I'm actually looking forward to this week! I guess it will take me a long, long, long time to decide which job to finally give up. For now, I could manage. The only thing is, I haven't been active here for a while. And I miss it. I miss you. So, I think that even with my hectic schedule, I will try hard to have a little myLot time, even for just a few minutes, just to see what's going on. Maybe a post or two here and there. Are there others here, too, who feel that there isn't enough time in a day? How do you manage to cope? I'm hoping to get pointers from really busy people, but still manage to have a life. TIA! Hey, if you post here, I hope you won't mind that I won't reply as fast as I have in the past. But, surely, I will find time to say hi back!
@moirai (2311)
Omg! How/when do you rest? I'm not one of those really busy people who still manage to have a life, so I can't really give you any advice. Except to get as much rest as you can. =P If it were me, I would probably lay really low until such time as I have chosen between the two jobs and only have one left. Hehe. But that's just me. =P Hope everything works out! =)
@gloryacam (5543)
Every opportunity I can close my eyes and sleep a bit, I will. Like - office breaks and travel time. Which were the times that I used to myLot. So it's a tough call between sleep and myLot. But, one of them is a basic human need - so I sleep. I hope everything works out well, too. Though, I'd like to make a final decision one day and have just one of them. Thanks!
@moirai (2311)
The trouble with sleeping during office breaks and during travel is that you might oversleep (overnap?). Also I have been scolded a few times for falling asleep in public transportation. My father disagrees with that because he says you should always be alert, you never know when there are snatchers, etc around. Plus, I have missed my stop several times. Hehehe. =P
@gloryacam (5543)
Right. Yesterday, I overslept my lunch break because I forgot to set my alarm. And I got late for my night job because though I set my alarm, it didn't wake me up! And, yes, I'm wary about sleeping while traveling now because I travel by cab all the time. So, no more sleep while traveling. But, I think I will be sticking it out while I can, because there are slack times in my night job. Like this week, our project is done, so I'm off tonight and tomorrow night.
@CTHanum (8254)
I noticed that too~ Glory with her blue kakashi picture is not here lately. Two jobs are pretty tough. Hope you will get through of it. it must be hard but if you know how to manage your time well I am sure you can cope with it. It is better for you to use the extra time to get a better sleep. Don't worry you will get your time to mylot soon when you get used to it~
@gloryacam (5543)
Kakashi needs to rest because of the two jobs! Not enough chakra to sustain me being awake for the rest of the time I'm off the job. But, a shinobi's got to do what a shinobi's got to do, so in the mean time, I will stick to both jobs (can't decide which one to give up. Still, if I find time, I will come and post here.
@CTHanum (8254)
Take your time to restore back your chakra~ I would like to send mine but since we have different kind of chakra I cancel it though~ If you can go well with both than go on~ But make sure you have enough energy to deal with them~
@gloryacam (5543)
Right. But, don't worry, I won't be needing that much today because our manager informed us we're off work tonight and tomorrow night. So there's time to recoup my chakra.
what can i say... hehe you already know how crazy it can be. i hope you can rest as much as you can in between your 2 jobs. holding the two for long might burn you out. but this way you get to decide which one to keep. when i was in highschool, aside from the school/church/community organizations i was with i was also helping out in the factory where my parents work. and i worked as a tutor for some of my math teacher's students. as a working student in the university, i had my class from 7am to 5:30pm and worked as a tutor to 3 families of expats from 7pm to 2am. i was just glad it wasn't everyday. in my first job, i continued to work as a tutor but it was hard to keep up with normal hours. although the income was very helpful. in the next 2 jobs i held, i worked 12-16 hours each day. sometimes more depending on the demands and the travel. but when i got sick... it was a reality check. now i work at home and have my own business. it still gets pretty busy but i can manage the time i have on my hands. there are days/weeks i can't do mylot at all but i manage to browse the posts every now and then. your sleep is your first priority whenever you have spare time. try to get as much as possible. and please take some supplements. take care of your health. goodluck!
@gloryacam (5543)
Wow, you are so industrious! I really am amazed at working students because it takes a lot of sacrifice to be able to work and study. I've also tried it and it's really tough. So kudos to us! Success comes to people who persevere! Glad to hear you have your own business to attend to (I'd like one someday, too) because you own your time and you are your own boss. Yes, I do take supplements. Thanks!
cheers to success! and stay healthy while you're at it. lol
@gloryacam (5543)
hi glorycam when on earth do you find time to really sleep. you are going to be going on fumes soon if you do not have enough snooze time. I have missed seeing you on here lately. me I have it made as Iam retired and in this tiresome retirement center with not a damned thing to do but eat sleep o r watch damnably stupid sit-coms down stairs in the activity room on the super large tv..I would much rather mylot and I do a lot of it.So guess I cannot give you any pointers as my life is not busy pampered and lonely but not busy.I even have my laundry washed and dried for me. lol life of luxury and boredom so mylot is my outlet here.
@gloryacam (5543)
Hi! I have very little sleep during the week and I recoup during the weekends. And, last week I only worked three nights because we were off work on Thursday and Friday. I guess it takes a bit of getting used to. And I do take supplements to help me because it could get tiring. I guess retirement does have its perks, huh? Good thing there's myLot to do during un-busy moments.
@inertia4 (27792)
I am glad things are going good for you. I know it's hard to do everything you want in a given day. Like you said, if you really miss MyLot, than a few minutes a day should satisfy that need. Welcome back.
@gloryacam (5543)
Hey, thanks! Yes, it feels good that things are working out well. Last week I had Thursday and Friday nights off at my other job so I was able to sleep well and even travel to my birthplace and attend to my friend's wedding. And tomorrow's a non-working holiday so there's enough time to rest.
@shibham (17022)
Hi friend.. i had the same problem last week. i was almost 6 days off from mylot last week for overload of works. My job place is 100 kms away from my home, hence i start for my job early morning and reach home in the evening, hence i had to off and it will continue after 15th july... so i think i will keep my laptop with me so that i can access mylot. Have a nice day.
@naija4real (1293)
Nice to meet you on mylot. Time is one of the biggest monster that is challenging our everyday living. To many, it is very difficult thing to manage. I have been finding it quite stressful to combine my job and my extra activities especially coming to a forum like this to post a message.
@gloryacam (5543)
That is right. Time is very hard to manage. But, when we do, it is very rewarding. I used to be a bad time manager, but since I've taken on two jobs, I am now starting to be a good time manager. So, I guess that is one good thing that came out of this. That, and the additional income, of course.
@manubla (474)
Hi there Ms. C! Good thing you found time to drop by even for a while. Until now, I can't still get over the fact that you have TWO 8-hour shift jobs, and one 8-hour shift job is called a part time for that matter. Anyway, you're holding up so just keep it going. And oh, go get S!!! You should beat those teammates who are even older than you!
@gloryacam (5543)
Hi! Well, there's been a clarification from management - no, it's not a part time job after all. Well, I beat them yesterday and I had only 4 hours of broken sleep while they had more than that. I guess I could say that youth is on my side. And you know how much slack time I have in my day job, so, I can find a tinsy bit of time to come and post here.
@jazel_juan (15767)
oh Wow Glory! how do you handle all that? i mean you barely have time to sleep..wow i am amazed, i myself feel that there is not time enough for everything..what more you who have two jobs?? and i did notice you not online because you also do reply on my posts
@gloryacam (5543)
Right. I'm sorry about that. You always have fun discussions and I miss posting in them. But, as I have limited time here, I will be posting less. But, surely, the moment I get extra time, I will come here and post! It needs a lot of dedication to be able to do it, and a lot of tolerance from my boss (day job)
hi glory, I hope you still remember our meet up I rarely see sweetpea too.....or maybe because I am not active here for a days You got a two jobs?wow that is so good happy mylotting
@gloryacam (5543)
Hi bhaby, I think we've all been busy elsewhere, huh? Well, I see that she has started a new discussion. Sad, though, because I don't have much time today, else, I would answer a lot of discussions. As it is, I'll content with answering all your comments first. Yes, the meet-up...I will see which weekend becomes available. Yup, two jobs. Two full-time jobs. But, I'm still managing, thanks.
@erikmama (12929)
Hello glory! Well, I have not noticed you not being here, as I have not eitehr!! I know what you mean about being busy. I picked up another website that I am able to make apretty good amount on each day, and between my two writing websites, it is nearly impossible for me to spend the same amount of time on here that I was ! And I miss youand all of the other wodnerful people I have met, but gotta take care of the bills first! I am glad that you survived your first week at the new job. It is usually the hardest. I miss being able to come on here, too, and I started asimilar discussion yesterday about finding time to come on here. I miss it, and hopefully will be bale to be backon here more soon. Do what you gotta do. We all will find time for mylot, even if it is at 11 pm!!
@gloryacam (5543)
You're right, have to take care of the bills first! But, good for you because youhave 11 pm. At that time, I've just started by second job. I get myLot time only during slack time and break time in my day job. But, yes, there's always the weekends.
Hi glory Did I telepathy bring you here today. See I was cleaning out my mailbox and wondered, huh have not seen anything lately from glory. I swear it is true and yes I missed you! Wow girl two jobs, what a challenge indeed. But hey as long as you are enjoying them and can do them both, good for you. If it becomes too much weigh out all the options. I am glad all is working out for you lately.
@gloryacam (5543)
Hi HWG! Why am I not surprised to see you're the first here? And, thank you for missing me! I really miss myLot and all you my friends in here. Yup, having to jobs is being a challenge to me now. But, somehow it's turning out great. First, I'm more focused in my first job, because I no longer have the luxury of dilly-dally time, and second, it has made my boss a bit nicer than before (I had said I'm quitting because I've found a better job. Unless you'd allow me that second job, but let me leave exactly at 5. He bought it. )