Paris Hilton has pet rats

I am reading star magazine where she has a pig,bird and even a possum as a pet. But,golly call me crazy those are a bit wild for me. But,no way could I ever befriend a rat. Those are gross and there could be no reason anyone could get me around one. Nasty just nasty.
My daughter used to have pet rats. She bred and sold them and made some pretty good money. They are only dirty when they live in the wild and in infested areas. They actually are pretty clean with balls the size of golf balls. That was discusting to me. There are three movies I think about a guy who befriends a bunch of rats and has them do his bidding for him. Those are creepy.
@sid556 (31005)
remember this song...this is about a pet rat named Ben. It was really popular back in the 70's. My daughter had a pet rat too. They actually are very highly intelligent animals. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bverx-nMWQ
@sid556 (31005)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWaXs8X8Tkc&feature=related
I think that might have been the name of one of the movies. The other was a name too.
@ravisivan (14055)
Have you not heard of some people having snakes, crocodiles, tigers as pets. I remember to have read somewhere. have a good day.
Those are just as crazy if you ask me..
@ravisivan (14055)
i agree. it is out of extra ordinary desire to do something tough or different. have a good day.
• Calgary, Alberta
Adult but for those rats already because She is known for neglecting And hoarding her pet Animals.I don't know if you are over your days what next to cat discussions, I encounter people with pet rats year in my life more than dog lovers.
• Calgary, Alberta
typo correaction, i didnt say adult. i said, i felt.... my speech recognition software sucks. Yet I don't use keyboard
Maybe she wants to carry them in her Gui-chi purse, lol These celebrities like to do anything to gain media attention. I personally would not do nearly an inch of what she and many other celebrities opt to do these days. lol
Tell me about it they are wild and crazy..
@lumenmom (1996)
I did not know people even kept rats as pets but one day I took my daughter to her friend's house for a playdate and her friend's sister had something in her purse that was moving. I thought it was a miniature dog or maybe a puppy or kitten but when I looked in I saw a huge rat! I was so shocked and even more shocked to learn that this rat was a welcome member of them family. Later I saw something wierd movign through her shirt but by then I was not surprised to learn she also had a pet snake. I guess to each his own!
I would have ran straight out of that house.
I'm sure that more then likely having strange wild animals for pets is just another way for this celebrity to get more attention. Perfect example of this is Lady Gaga. 'nough said...LOL
Your right she is a mess as well.
First of all, as a rat, I am offended. I don't think much of the smell on you giant flesh bags either but I don't go around saying it out loud. (Oops, I just did.) Seriously, rats are great pets as long as you don't just grab a wild one and try to love it! As for Paris, I'm sure rats were a natural pet choice since most of the people she knows are "rats", using her as a way into society or for the money they can make off her popularity. Pigs are great pets I'm told, but Possums would have to be bred out a few generations before anybody dare have them as pets: they are very tempermental.
@syoti20 (5295)
I agree with you possum is wild animal and they are rare person who take care possum as their pet. I wonder if Paris really taking care of her pet. I can't imagine she is taking care of it.
While I personally would never keep any kind of a rodent as a pet, I am also not going to be a person that judges people on account of the fact that they have them as pets. The reason that I feel that way is that all people are entitled to their own opinions. I'm sure that there are a lot of people that don't like the fact that our family has two cats and two dogs, but we enjoy them and that is all that really matters. Well, that and the fact that our furbabies are well taken care of.
@Nadinest1 (2040)
Geez. I have a mouse phobia...I definitely couldn't have a rat for a pet. I think she does things just so people will talk about here anyway. Any publicity is good publicity.
@stephcjh (32327)
I would never own a rat either. My daughter and her husband are expecting a baby. He had the bright idea to get a pet rat. That is so stupid especially around a baby. She lives with me now away from both rats, the pet and him!
There is a big difference between gutter rats and mice and mice bred for pets. Domestic rats and mice are not the same as their wild counterparts, having been domesticated for over 100 years. Rats and mice AS PETS suffer from bad “press” with much prejudice and misunderstanding directed toward them. Easy to keep, with minimal space and care requirements, they provide all the pleasure and satisfaction of a warm, cuddly, intelligent, and friendly pet companion. They are also very inexpensive to obtain along with the required accessories needed to make them happy. Domesticated rats make excellent pets for children and adults alike. They are highly intelligent (being the most used in studies for intelligence and psychology research), clean, and very sociable http://www.afrma.org/rminfo1.htm Angelina Jolie, Clint Eastwood, Jamie Lee Curtis, Pink are also rats owners
@sid556 (31005)
Actually if you go into a pet store...they do have pet rats that are not the same as the dump rats or river rats. They are highly intelligent. Electricians use them to run wires through homes. My daughter had a pet rat and I while I thought he was kind of ugly...I will say that he had a personality and I grew to like the little guy.
That's a bit surprising because she just looks too clean and hygienic to own some pet rats. I wonder if her dog and her rats chase each othe when she's not around.
@carmelanirel (20979)
Actually a domestic rat is not nasty like a wild one..They are pretty cool actually, I remember when my nephew bred rats and mice. He had a favorite rat named Ben, who he would take everywhere he went..He was about twelve at the time..