Yankee Candles

My friend recommended these to me, but when I went online to look for some, they were really expensive. Can anyone tell me if they are as good as they're meant to be? I'm hoping to use them as a lasting home fragrance instead of using room sprays. I just don't want to spend all that money and find that they're not very good. Thanks in advance.
While I will agree with you that Yankee Candles tend to be expensive, I also think that they are well worth the cost. The candles seem to burn forever and they smell so good. You can burn one of them in one room of the house and you can smell the fragrance of the candle throughout the entire floor of the house. My personal favorite is their Mango Peach Salsa flavor, but there are several other of their scents that I like as well. If you sign up for their mailing list you are able to get a lot of really good coupons from them that will save you a bundle of money. I typically get a buy 2 candles get one free about four times a year as well as other candles as well.
I've bought several sampler size candles, but many of them don't have a strong enough fragrance so you can only smell them when you're in the same room. The good air and beautiful day fragrances seem to be penetrating the whole house, I am hoping the clean cotton will be as good because it is a lovely scent!
They smell so good yes. But,no they are not worth the cost. You can find other candles just as good. Or better yet go to micheals buy the candle making kit and make your own. Adding how ever much scent as you want. You can find yankee candle is shop and stop cheaper and often on sale. I will never buy one from the store.
I live in the UK so my options are limited as far as these are concerned. Are there any other brands which are good but cheaper?
If you want the best then yes they most definitely in my opinion are the best smelling candles that are currently out there, but I also agree that they are very expensive. The truth is I have not bought one of their candles in years simply because of that fact.
I don't have many luxuries, can't afford them with 3 young children, but I do like the house to smell nice. I might order some samplers and see how I go from there. My friend pays £25 for the large jars, and she burns 2 at a time! I think I'd just keep looking at them and seeing my money melting away.
@stary1 (6622)
Yankee candles are an excellent quality. They are expensive and I look for sales or discount stores. They last longer than cheaper candles so that is something to consider in thinking of the cost. Write the company and tell them you have heard they are excellent and would they send you some discount coupons. Often companies will do that and this is a pretty large company.