Who will give me a refund?

I bought a laptop from ebay. The computer won't connect to the internet. I have tried and so did kk. Then I contact the seller and get no answer. so I then opened a complaint with ebay still no response. Eay said if I don't hear back in 7 days I will get a full refund or partial refund. So since they have no responded. who will give me a refund. thanks. They have screwed with their feedback for sure..
@carolscash (9503)
Being that you paid through Paypal, I believe that Paypal issues the refund. Ebay will make sure that the refund is given and you will be likely to get the entire purchase price back. I hope that the seller responds to something.
I don't care at this point. I have three more days to go and it will be over.
@ravisivan (14051)
For a laptop if you give the internet wire it has to show internet. Possibly something to do with Network connections. If it is wireless only then you have to identify the name of the connection and give password also. I wish ur problems get sorted out soon. have a nice day.
How are you trying to connect it via wireless or a wire connected to the router? Ill do my best to help you if I can, my otherhalf is a comp expert
It was wireless before,ut right now the plug is in the back of my other laptop till I call them back for help. but the computer could not get internet either way. I don't have it right now to get the help. thanks for the offer I will check back if I need to..
@sedel1027 (17868)
I believe Paypal issues the refund directly from the sellers account.
great thanks
@asliah (11149)
hi, thats the reason why i never buy or order a things at ebay,because there is no contact person that i can turn to when i need to refund the thing a availed,especially that ebay is an purchasing online.
@syoti20 (5296)
Hello gifts, were you able to receive your refund from the laptop you bought?
Good Luck! I hope they contact you soon. I am not sure if they will give a refund on electronics. Did it say as is when you bought it?
@Aussies2007 (5339)
I would be extremely surprising if there was one single computer out there without a connection for the internet. And even if they did not had one, you simply add the card required in the computer. Computer shops take zero responsability for you not knowing anything about computers. They actually make their profit from people like you, by charging them hundred of dollars for doing something you refuse to learn. I would not count too much on getting your money back... unless you can prove that the computer cannot be connected to the internet. As far as I know, all is fair and square on Ebay. If you cannot come to an understanding with the seller, Ebay will make the decision for the both of you. But not before each party has communicate with each other. This is to prevent people changing their mind after buying something. You cannot return something unless the product is faulty or not what you ordered from the description of the product on Ebay.
@airasheila (5460)
Good day to you giftsandbagsom, With regards to your topic discussion, perhaps it would be best to send a letter via email to ebay management or customer care/service. Hence, they are the one who might answer all your queries. Aside from that, since they are the customer care/service of ebay, maybe they have an idea on where to get the refund. In addition, you can also ask them the process as to how they will give it to you and as to when will be the refund be remitted to you. With reference to the above, you will somehow have an idea on the process as to how ebay refund the money to their customers like you.
If you are unhappy I would think Ebay would foot the bill since they said it. (I would keep the email that says that just incase too) I have had some bad situations on there but Ebay always took care of it and made me happy. I think they really do try to be fair. I have never heard of anyone having a bad turn around on there.
@ANIME123 (2473)
Well since you paid with paypal than you are secure and don't have to worry about anything. I just love how ebay offers buyer protection, so like that we know that we are protected. Like for me ebay refunded my money to my paypal when I payed for a PS3 controller that never arrived and I never heard from the seller because the seller never shipped it out is why. So I ended up winning the case because the seller did not hold up his or hers end of the bargain. Anyway it is always best to pay with paypal so much better and more protected that's for sure. What ebay will do is that they always investigate first like they will try to contact the seller and when the seller doesn't respond back to them than that's just suspicious. No need to worry though it looks like you will get your money back. Good luck.
@jillhill (37354)
I haven't ever recieved a refund from anything I have gotten on ebay....but I read a few responses and it looks like you will get one! And that is a good thing...I have a friend who also bought one on ebay...it crashed about a month after he bought it......hopefully they can get if fixed.
@suspenseful (40326)
Ebay is a middle man between you and the seller. The seller is responsible for the refund fees and if the machine does not work. Therefore if the seller used paypal, he or she has a merchant account. Therefore you will get the refund from Paypal who will take it out of the seller's account. It might take time as if the seller was in Canada and we are in the midst of a strike, it might take a while.
Shucks and sad that it will not connect to the internet. I do remember reading in Ebay that if a buyer places a complaint they will contact the seller and await their feedback to get some solution. If the seller does not respond you will get a refund, though not sure if the full amount. I would wait the full seven days and see what happens and I do hope they respond, if they don't maybe it will be worth having someone (IT specialist) take a look and see if it would be cheap enough to fix the issue. But do wait on Ebay first.