I only went out for baby food!

Yesterday I needed to get some baby food, so decided to take my eldest daughter with me after I picked her up from school. When I collected her, she was upset as I had forgotten to give her money, the children were allowed to buy ready-wrapped gifts at school for father's day but as she didn't have the £2 she hadn't been able to. So I said she could choose a gift, and a pretty gift bag to put it in, to surprise Daddy on father's day. While we were hunting for a gift, we passed a baby store, and I saw they had strollers reduced in their sale. I've been looking for a stroller, my baby has a travel system but its not much fun to fold up when we get on the bus. So we went in the shop, and came out with a £25 stroller (complete with sun roof, rain cover, swivel wheels and basket). We found a gift for Daddy, and bought the baby food, then on the way home my daughter asked to look in the shoe shop, which also had SALE signs in the window. Half an hour later, we left, with my girl's first pair of "grown up" boots... miner boots just like Mummy's! I only went out for baby food...
@jillhill (37354)
I know how that goes! LOL...you start out looking for one thing and it grows! That happens when I go to Walmart.....I try to stick to the list but if there is a deal too good to pass up...then I go for it!
I really did need a stroller, but I didn't intend to buy one yesterday! And my daughter did of course need boots... to go with her leggings and Harley jacket... and they were half price in the sale... lol
@Amanda81587 (3046)
I do that too. There is no way you can pass up a good sale. Especially when it give you good mother daughter bonding quality time!
I don't often get time alone with my eldest as she is the only one who is at school. So when we do get a couple of hours together, we tend to hit the shops. She's very good at using my credit card!
Isn't that just the way that things always go. I don't allow myself to go shopping very often now because of the fact that I almost always end up spending more money than I had intended to spend. I won't take the kids with me to the grocery store because of the fact that they always convince me to buy a bunch of junk. But, if there is something that I know that I've been needing and I do find it for a great bargain, then I am not able to pass it up.
@Jessi_T (380)
I have never just bought what I go into the store to buy. Even when I go alone which is rare that I get to, I still come out with things I didn't attend to get and at times didn't need and later even question as to why I got.
@kaka135 (13479)
I think it's totally fine to do so, especially those are the things you really need and they are on sales. Why not get it at a cheaper price now? I don't usually have my shopping list. Sometimes, even though I have one, that's just to remind me what to get, but not limit me on the list. Of course, I don't simply spend too. Sometimes, when I see some good deals, I'll just buy too. It's another way of saving money, provided it's something that we need.