My second credit card is still not here yet.

KK just got to our place and again no credit card. I had to report the first one lost or stolen because I never got it. I got an email days ago telling me they sent out the replacement card. I have ordered two cards one for me and one for kk. She and II will split the $300 for right now. she has to pay for al her stuff. I will make my full payment each month on the first before the bill even comes. Kk is doing great with the debit card and I want to teach her to pay bills before she leaves for job corp. Adrian gives her enough money to where she can repay me for what she buys with her $150.
That is off gifts and here is what I would do if I had the situation. You can call the credit card company and tell them that the second has not arrived and that you are concerned as to why. If they say you should have received it, tell them, you would like the credit card shipped overnight. I have had this done and it was no charge to me. I would prefer it this way as this way it will come to whichever address you tell them right away and you can settle this once and for all, in the event it is being taken while mailed in regular mail. I have done this when I added my son to my card and they shipped it to my job with no problem. Good luck and do call them and tell them something is not right.
Yikes the first line says :That is off gifts and it should say that is an awfully long time gifts. lol Anyways do call them as it is important to know if they take this long and or it is actually lost. I am glad that you are helping KK learn responsibility with credit and debit.
That's a really good idea. Kids need to know what it is like to be responsible with financial matters. So many get themselves into trouble. I know from experience. I have 4 gas cards, 8 department store cards, and two Visas. I went nuts buying clothes and stuff for our new home when I was married once. I had a very good paying job then and when I realized I was getting so far into debt I had to back up and regroup. I finally payed off the cards and cut up the cards. I don't like having plastic. Its too easy to go too far.
@Nadinest1 (2042)
....but in the future, when and if she doesn't pay her share of the money owing on your credit card....you will be responsible for it. Is she responsible enough to have a credit card? Just my 2 cents worth.
@stephcjh (32385)
That is great. That is a good thing to teach her. I hope she will listen and learn. My daughter won't listen to anything.
I wonder where those cards are going. If you were in Canada, they'd have an excuse for not getting to you, since we are in the middle of a really annoying postal strike right now. Hubby and I are fortunate that we do everything on line, but my mother does not have a computer, and relies on the mail to get her bills and stuff. Really sucks when the post office goes on strike. I am not getting my newsweek, and other magazine subscriptions either. Really annoying!