I am beside myself.

Boise, Idaho
My grandson is hitting and kicking his mother. He has a PSR worker who is coming this afternoon to do some play acting with him to see if he can do better in these situations. He is waking up and hitting or kicking his mother. She is about ready to back hand him and I don't blame her. She has put up with alot. Have you ever had kids act this way? WHat did you do?
@dawnald (84126)
• Shingle Springs, California
Cary did that at day care a few times. The teacher did not know how to control kids. When I moved him to Naomi's school, he was fine. Never happened again.
But this is toward his mother.
@dawnald (84126)
• Shingle Springs, California
Well yeah but same behavior. Since it's his mother, I'd try the SuperNanny approach. He starts, she pick him up and puts him in the corner. He gets up she puts him back. Very matter of factly, and completely consistently.
@brannray (132)
Although a lot of patience is needed, I agree that this is the best approach to the situation. I'm so sorry that you guys are having to deal with this, but as soon as my 2 year old daughter started trying to slap and kick me, I started to put her in time out. I'm still working with her on it, so I understand what you guys are dealing with, but hopefully we will all get them under control.
@bunnybon7 (32488)
• Holiday, Florida
my youngest used to do that to me when he was 10yrs. i told my older son about it and he scared him. said if he ever laid a hand on his mom again, he'd make sure he never did ever again. it worked!
Intimidation 101,huh?
@bunnybon7 (32488)
• Holiday, Florida
yep. but it worked.
Awesome. I love how older kids take control like that. I've seen it work but only because the older kids I know are responsible and won't take crap.
@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
Nirther one of my sond ever did that to me. If they had they would have got a good a** whipping.Your daughter does not deserve that from her son.
No, She certainly does not. I just feel that spanking him would be doing the same thing he is doing to his mom.
@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
I wasn't suggesting that she do that. I was just telling u what i would have done to mine if they acted like that when they were young.It might do him good to get a dose of his own medicine tho. i read some of your others responses & saw where it's when he wakes up. Maybe she needs to not get close to him as she is waking him up.Put a phone by his bed & call him when it's time to get up. I'd try most anything to avoid his anger at that time.
@JenInTN (27565)
Is it just when he first wakes up? Like a reflex or is it out of anger?
It is when he first wakes up and he is usually angry. Very hard to wake up. Is on meds.
@jillhill (37354)
Nothing a little time out might cure...and I mean without toys...etc...I haven't had any kids do this in my family...there must be some reason though that he does it...maybe some sort of frustration or something like this....but he should be disciplined....and if she had give him a swat on the butt that might be a wake up call for him!